3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

November starts ?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #136

S/C/G: 204/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz View Post
WI 2 .....3 inches and 3 lbs ! 13 lbs and 10 inches in two weeks feeling good !
WHOA! Talk about motivation! Great job and congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohLexi View Post
That's so awesome SkinnyChiz! Great job! You're a total rockstar.

I swear, I love this forum and reading people's losses every week. It's the motivation I need to not cheat or slip up.

Hi5 Breezy.. I've been 100% OP since day one too! Made it through two Thanksgiving dinners and a night out at a Mexican restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Was not easy either.. Mexican food is such a weakness of mine!
That's great! Mexican is a huge weakness of mine too. You are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
WI#3 today....4.4 lbs and 5.25 inches...yeah!!!!
WOOO! Congratulations
Old 11-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #137

Well here I am... Day 2 on the IP, feeling good. Lots of questions with many of the answers here on the site.
Here is my dilemma, I work on the North Slope of Alaska in a camp setting 2 weeks on at work and the 2 weeks off at home. Is there any one on here that has this type of work schedule and how successful were they on this program?
My second question, can I meet my 8 ounces of meat protein daily by eating 4 oz. of chicken at lunch then 4 oz. of meat at dinner?
Wish me luck, I head back up on Tuesday...
alaskan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #138

S/C/G: 263/234.5/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Evening folks! I fell off the wagon back in September. I stopped at 165 because I felt SO happy with myself... so happy that I ate like my old self and now I'm back up to 180! Feeling very depressed and bad about myself but I'm happy to be back on the forum and excited to turn it around tomorrow
Aww, welcome back! I totally get the weight coming back on thing... I had gotten down to 208 last year (on a different program) and then my work schedule changed and in a year I gained like.. 55 pounds. -.- But hey!!! IP through the holidays! The weight will totally melt off and I'm sure you still look fabulous for all your holiday pictures! Welcome back!
OohLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #139

S/C/G: 223/184/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso58 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Nov IPers! I'm looking forward to tomorrow and being 100% OP. Going to friends for dinner. They know about my journey and are 100% supportive. I will bring spinach and broccoli and eat their turkey. I just hope I won't be tempted by the alcohol.

I start a new job next week. My future boss has already texted me about 3 lunches and dinners over the next 2 weeks. This is not going to be easy but I'm 9.6 pounds down and I'm not stopping until this is done.

I had an emotional meltdown yesterday. I cried quite a bit. I waited too long for lunch and I'm having a lot of dreams and thoughts about the past. I was widowed several years ago and we moved into this house over Thanksgiving weekend. This year is rougher and I know the diet is impacting me, but I also know that this is the first time I've felt like I'm really doing something to take care of myself since he died. It's sad but also very liberating.

I wish everyone success and resolve!
Good luck with your new job next week and getting through the lunches/dinners out. 9.6lbs is great progress!
Holidays can really bring out the emotions, especially with your loss of your husband a few years ago and Thanksgiving being an important milestone that you experienced with him moving into your home. My heart goes out to you.
may1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #140

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan77 View Post
My second question, can I meet my 8 ounces of meat protein daily by eating 4 oz. of chicken at lunch then 4 oz. of meat at dinner?
Hey Alaskan77, yes you can split up you meat into two meals (or more) it you want.

I have been in jobs that I had to shiftwork (I am in the canadian forces) and I have also been to Bosnia and Afghanistan so I know what it is like to only have certain foods available to eat. I have never been on a diet while deployed but funny thing is, I always manage to lose pounds when I am away from home. Whether it be for a few weeks or for 6 months or more, I only have to think about what I have to eat vice what my husband will eat.....I actually quit smoking overseas too. Again, I only had to worry about me.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you do with the shift working.

Spring Challenge
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #141
Fitness

Stay motivated!<a href="http://www.fitnesshealthrx.com/">
Fitness Magazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #142
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan77 View Post
Well here I am... Day 2 on the IP, feeling good. Lots of questions with many of the answers here on the site.
Here is my dilemma, I work on the North Slope of Alaska in a camp setting 2 weeks on at work and the 2 weeks off at home. Is there any one on here that has this type of work schedule and how successful were they on this program?
Hi there, I work shift work too. I am home next week. The first day home is buying groceries. I have my ip meals planned out for the time Im home. Same when I go to work. I live in Northern alberta. I know how camp life works...You have to use your IP meals. add an extra one to help you out!
Good luck !
I wish you well
SkinnyChiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #143
joined IP 10/28/13

S/C/G: 163.4/140.2/130 11th WI

Height: 5'3"

Default Started Nov 5th - Down 11

Hello to All - I'm happy to join this thread to comment on my success so far. This is my first post too. First week was a little tough. I had a few very hungry times and basically would just keep guzzling water to chase it away. I should have just had an extra IP drink to get me through. I find it helps a lot. I've averaged 3 lbs per week. On my 3rd week I only lost .8 and I realized it on weigh in day that I had eaten 2 restricted foods on 3 days. Drrrr. I forgot that some of the breakfast items are restricted like the Maple Oatmeal, Pancakes and Cereal and I had restricted snacks in the evening too. Lesson learned the hard way. I've survived a pot luck lunch at work, party at my own house, Thanksgiving, and a Pizza night. Very proud of myself. I'm planning ahead and bringing my own IP food and salad dressing when I can.
I have a suggestion for you all. I bought Keto sticks at the drugstore ($12) to monitor myself to make sure I'm staying in ketosis. They're used by diabetics to test their urine. I've been testing myself everyday. I'm amazed at how easy it is to push yourself out of ketosis by eating too many carbs even if you are sticking to plan. I love the double chocolate brownie but I think it has too many carbs for me. I'm going to limit myself to only one of those in a week and other restricted snacks in general. I really like some of them but not enough to undermine my weight loss. My sweet tooth has always been my biggest problem but I'm finding I'm not craving like I use to now that the sugar is out of my body. I'm satisfied with a pudding or the jello. By the way - the Raspberry Jelly (it's really jello) and it's a great substitute for cranberry or apple sauce if you're eating Turkey, Pork or Chicken.
I'll be following this thread to see how all of us November IP's are doing. It's a great motivator! My goal is 22 by Christmas!

Last edited by Harleygirl58 : 12-01-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: I actually started IP on 10/29 - 1st WI was 11/5
Harleygirl58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #144
Started IP Nov 1 2013

S/C/G: 271/251/145

Height: 5'7

Im down another 4 pounds for a total of 19 since starting Nov 1st!!!! Wow I've never lost close to 20 pounds in one month in my life . Im so excited to actually loose this weight for good!

WI #1 -7.8
WI #2 -4.1
WI #3 -4
WI #4 -3.5
WI #5 -3.5
sologirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #145

S/C/G: 263/234.5/130

Height: 5'4

Yay! Welcome Harley! I love the IP restricted foods.. they satisfy my need for snackage. lol However, I think I'm going to save those for rough weeks if I feel the need for a "cheat"... that way it isn't a cheat. So.. I think when I order my food for this week, it's all jello and pudding and the RTD Chocolate. Sounds like a plan to me. BTW... Harley.. way to go and not give in! Congrats on those personal victories! ♥
OohLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #146

Is anyone else loving the recipes? I am having so much fun. I have tried at least 1/2 dozen or so of the muffin recipes. I really missed my muffins and I don't anymore. I haven't made a recipe yet that wasn't nummy.

I also luv the cauli mashed with the soup packets. I have also realized quite quickly that I would rather have cooked vegies than raw...unless I am having a salad. But when I have a salad I really try to have a few oz's of chicken with it so that I don't miss the dressing. I do not like any of the WF dressings so when the chicken is almost cooked, I mix up a bit of dijon mustard, soy sauce and water and put it in with the chicken. After it is heated I take it off the stove, let it sit for a few min and then pour it over my lettuce and vegies. It keeps me eating my lettuce.

What is you favorite dish?

Spring Challenge
Old 12-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #147

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS.

I LOST -5.8 ON WI#2!!!!

I have never, EVER lost weight this quickly before.

Two weeks and 11 lbs down!!!
wosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #148

Awesome wosmama!!

I am loving this too!

Spring Challenge
Old 12-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #149
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wosmama View Post
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS.

I LOST -5.8 ON WI#2!!!!

I have never, EVER lost weight this quickly before.

Two weeks and 11 lbs down!!!
Way to go wosmama! You are a rock star!
W1-5.2 W2-4.4 W3-1.8 W4-4.8 W5 -.6 W6 +.4 ( after 4 days and at the end of the day instead of the start) W7 No WI Holidays W8 -7.8 W9 -3.2 W10 -.4 W11 -2.8 W12 -2.2 W13 -1.8 W14 -.2 W15 - no weigh in W16 -.2 W17 - no weigh in W18 - no weigh in W19 -1.8 W20 -2.4 W21 -1.2 W22 -2.8 W23 -.6 W24 -3.4 W25 +.8

calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #150
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleygirl58 View Post
I have a suggestion for you all. I bought Keto sticks at the drugstore ($12) to monitor myself to make sure I'm staying in ketosis. They're used by diabetics to test their urine. I've been testing myself everyday. I'm amazed at how easy it is to push yourself out of ketosis by eating too many carbs even if you are sticking to plan. I love the double chocolate brownie but I think it has too many carbs for me. I'm going to limit myself to only one of those in a week and other restricted snacks in general. I really like some of them but not enough to undermine my weight loss. My sweet tooth has always been my biggest problem but I'm finding I'm not craving like I use to now that the sugar is out of my body. I'm satisfied with a pudding or the jello. By the way - the Raspberry Jelly (it's really jello) and it's a great substitute for cranberry or apple sauce if you're eating Turkey, Pork or Chicken.
I'll be following this thread to see how all of us November IP's are doing. It's a great motivator! My goal is 22 by Christmas!
I highly suggest NOT using ketostix
They aren't that accurate AND as your body acclimates to Ketosis, you'll start burning ketones, rather than excreting them in urine. You'll still be in Ketosis but it won't show up.

Until then your best readings are in the morning. A lot of water will dilute readings.

If you follow that plan, you're IN Ketosis. No need to monitor another thing. Spend your energy menu planning, instead.

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Last edited by lisa32989 : 12-03-2013 at 10:47 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.