IP Daily Chat Friday 11/15/2013

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • I too started cooking my potato puree on a skillet and just mixing my two cups of chopped veggies in it. It turns into a veggie patty and with a lil chinese red sauce, it is amazing!
  • A quick question. Is there a link which I can go and check all of my own post, in one place? Help, can't find it?
  • Had a NSV today have been feeling down about not seeing changes in myself even though others can but I accidentally ordered a shirt in a Medium instead of my usual XL and when it came today it fit perfectly! It was nice and flowy! When I went to the mall I decided to try on a sweater and medium was the highest size they had and it fit too!! While I don't think medium will be my size, i just can't wrap my brain around it so I will probably just buy larges still exciting!

also grabbed some old jeans didn't look at the size and they were an 11/12 when I am usually a 16. good day for clothes in my house!
  • What an amazing feeling - congrats!
  • joining forum today for Ideal Protein
    I started the Ideal Protein Diet last November, the Monday after Thanksgiving. I lost 36lbs over the next 3 months and stayed on the program pretty strict during that time. After 3 months couldn't look at another vegetable one day and just needed a break and more variety. Have maintained since. Would like to continue on my weight loss journey and lose some more weight. I'm ready!
  • Quote: This Winnipegger is not going to comment on the Rider thing (okay, good luck to them!) but how about making a mockamole to bring with the veggies? I did that for an office event and people loved it.

Jo

Lol....I thought of you when I sent this!
  • Had WI # 4 today - donated another 1.6 lbs to the cause but feeling a little disappointed as my home scale said I had lost 3.8 lbs this morning since last WI. Feel like throwing it out the window! Oh well, as long as all scales are moving in the same direction, right?
  • Quote: Cake Is my biggest weakness! I asked for my very own wedding cake for Christmas one year! Boy, does that give me insight into my relationship with food. :-(

Now that I am on maintenance I find I don't feel deprived when I skip the cake. It is definitely all about my mindset. I feel so empowered to have control over food now!
    Daks, I love reading your updates. You've got this maintenance thing down! And it is very encouraging to those of us who have this (fingers crossed!) in our future!

Quote: I do have one qwestion i have been exercising regualry now for 4 months and dont want to quit. Will I hurt my results my coach said I should be ok.
    If you are a regular exerciser now, I would encourage you to continue (as long as you are not overdoing it - you are taking in a lot less now, as far as fuel for your body). Obviously exercise is good for your body, so don't give it up. I have never gotten into the habit of exercising and it is a struggle trying to add it now. I know my results would be better if I got regular exercise. I do have a plan though! Going to start going to our little (3 treadmill) gym at work BEFORE I go home at night. Where I always get tripped up is when I walk in the door and want to do nothing more than put my feet up! This way, I won't even walk in the door until my exercise is done! Starting this on Monday.

Quote: I really see the importance of water because this week I lost 9lbs!!!!! That is super amazing ��������������. I have lost 36lbs in a month and a half!!! I love IP so much. I am feeling my confidence coming back. I'm so happy ��
    Congratulations on your super loss this week! I definitely can tell a difference when I don't get all of my water in, and almost always have good results when I up the water. Good advice from your coach.

Quote: I know the feeling. Here's what I do - I eat romaine lettuce, it's crunchy, it's something to eat and it's filling (albeit tasteless). I also use the Stevia drops in my water - it's not only sweet, but it adds a honey-like texture to the water which I find somehow 'turns off' the craving for chewy rich food. Herbal teas help too - cinnamon apple, orange spice, honey rooibos. Drink water. Get out of the kitchen and do something that takes concentration and time (hemming pants, balancing your checkbook, re-arrange your underwear drawer). I think you have to turn off the habit switch in your head that turns you to food. Good luck, hang in there.
    Love this! Jam packed with good, practical advice! So helpful, thanks!

Quote: I started the Ideal Protein Diet last November, the Monday after Thanksgiving. I lost 36lbs over the next 3 months and stayed on the program pretty strict during that time. After 3 months couldn't look at another vegetable one day and just needed a break and more variety. Have maintained since. Would like to continue on my weight loss journey and lose some more weight. I'm ready!
    I'm so impressed that you have maintained your weight loss over the past year, even when stopping midway in your journey! Way to go! Just think if you had taken off the 36, put it back on, and had to start over! You are ahead of the game - go for it! Good luck with your restart!
  • At slownsteady, thank you! Yea she's not that bad, lol
  • RE: the new IP Raspberry Chocolate Bar
    Here is some clarification towards all the confusion:

This is what IP Headquarters emailed my coach when the announcement came out:

"We have redefined the classic chocolate bar to bring you the Ideal Protein Raspberry Chocolaty Bar, a decadent reward for dieters on all phases, particularly dieters enjoying the freedom of Phase 4.

This chocolate reward is permitted as an occasional treat to replace one restricted food per week.

Reward your dieters success with our newest addition!"
  • Had WI#4 and I am down 2.8 lbs and lost 5.8 inches around the waist.
  • Quote: Had WI # 4 today - donated another 1.6 lbs to the cause but feeling a little disappointed as my home scale said I had lost 3.8 lbs this morning since last WI. Feel like throwing it out the window! Oh well, as long as all scales are moving in the same direction, right?
    I feel the same way. You have to celebrate any loss. That's the only way I can keep myself going. I don't WI until Tues but have snuck a peak at the scale and since last Tues only down .6 pounds. Talk about wanting to heave the scale out the door. I just have to hope for more by then.
  • Quote: Had WI#4 and I am down 2.8 lbs and lost 5.8 inches around the waist.
    congrats thats great
  • I'm stumped as to why I'm not losing any inches??
  • I had weigh in #2 today......down another 4 pounds!!!! Thats a total of 11.8 pounds in 2 weeks . I also lost 5' off my waist which is so awesome! I love IP!!!!!