Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hmmm, still don't have an appetite today :-/
But I'm staying OP, I need to go chug my cappuccino.

Have a great day Lovelies!!!!
Sorry to hear that! FYI My coach told me this AM that IP is coming out with a ready made cap drink sometime soon!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #17  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Ugh weigh in day and the scale is still showing UP from last week. I HATE TOM!
hopefully it will come back off.

Off again today so resting up for the weekend at work. Hopefully won't be as cookoo crazy.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Looking for feedback on the soy puffs and the soy nuts, what kind do you guys enjoy, just starting week three of IP, and have stayed with the bars and chips. Any recommendations on the soy nuts or the soy puffs?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #19  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Looking for feedback on the soy puffs and the soy nuts, what kind do you guys enjoy, just starting week three of IP, and have stayed with the bars and chips. Any recommendations on the soy nuts or the soy puffs?
Thanks in advance.
I liked the chocolate soy puffs. They remind me of whoppers and a pack seems like it last forever. Great movie snack!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Thanks in advance.
I like both the apple cinnamon and the chocolate covered soy puffs. The apple cinnamon ones seem like a really generous portion to me, so it's nice if I want to munch on them for a while (if I'm feeling snacky or if I'm in a meeting and other folks are eating). I've heard that some people like to use 1/2 the premade vanilla as "milk" and 1/2 the apple cinnamon puffs as cereal and have it as a breakfast. They're a bit high calorie so it's not a bad idea to have earlier in the day.

I have positive reviews for both. Actually bought a box of each to use as my restricted foods. I don't mind the bars but found them a little dense or something. Haven't tried the chips-- what kind do you like?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Good Morning:
I started Ideal Protein for a basic reason to lose weight. I have many things causing stress in my life. My sister just had weight loss surgery and my daughter and I both have weight issues and we've been working out at the gym for months but the weight is not coming off.
A dear friend of mine came to town on Tuesday and I shared my issues with weight with her and I brought up that my boss is doing Ideal Protein and he's lost almost 50 pounds in 2 months and I was wondering if this is something I should do? She's lost about 100 pounds and kept it off for about 2 years and she said that's how I did it. I really thought she is someone I hold in high regard and I want to achieve my weight loss goal. I spent the afternoon with her and felt on top of the world. Good old fashioned quality time with a dear friend makes us think so much clearer. When I got to work on Wednesday I decided to call and talk with the clinic that does Ideal Protein and see if I could have the free consultation and I did and while I was there he realised that I'd done lots of research and I could start right away. I left there and was so excited and knew this is something that I can do and it might be hard eating 2 cups of vegetables two times a day. So I made a great stir fry last night something I don't do very often and it was good. I ate my snack it seemed extremely sweet and drank lots of water....
While on Thursday morning I got up and did the routine of getting on the scale and I hit and new number on the scale 237 wow it does work. I know it might just be water weight but it makes you know those two cups of vegetables might not be that bad today.
I have a question I love tomatoes and it says you shouldn't eat them that often so does that mean once a week.
I love the recipes on this site toooo.
Finale- welcome to the journey of IP, sounds like you have a great support system in your life. This site has been a huge help for me, there are so many informative helpful people here. You mentioned your daughter was overweight as well. Will she be able to join the journey with you? The first week is by far the hardest. As far as the tomatoes that s a 2 cup serving, I know for me I don't eat 2 cups of tomatoes, so I measure them on my salads daily.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Good morning IP!

Yesterday I was too busy to shop but I will be buying those size 8s today. I will keep the tags on them. Holly, I hope you are right and I get to exchange them for 6s! I doubt I will exchange them for a 4 since I don't think I ever was a 4!

I bought seven boxes of IP food yesterday-- my coach looked at me like I was a kook, but I just need variety! Mostly drinks and a few restricted items. I feel like I'm getting enough savory food between veggies and protein.

I thought I would share a little NSV today. I bought these pants a month ago because I loved them (and of course they were on sale), but they didn't actually button. I've been trying them on twice a week and today they fit! I am wearing them. (that's 2" lost on my hips folks, which is HUGE. Am very pleased with my first 8 days of IP.)

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

AMAZING!!!! You look great.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/150/135

Good Morning!! I've noticed that some people have posted about foods they get that are an alternate to the IP foods. I am so glad too to see the post regarding the different IP foods and what people think about them. I am still phase 1 and a little limited as to what I can eat, and looking forward to a little more variety. If anyone has any advice on alternate products or innovative ways that they have used to make their IP food more attractive to would love to hear about it.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Re-posting from yesterday in case anyone missed it...

IP is bringing back the Chicken Patty and also coming out with a Lemon Wafer.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Question for all your IP vets - sorry in advance if this is TMI!

The past few weeks I have been waking up in the morning with sharp stomach pains, almost like gas pains. They seem to go away as soon as I get up and move around, but those first few minutes in bed are VERY uncomfortable. I talked to my other half about this (he is in med school) and he seems to think that it is just my body waking up with a truly empty stomach. Does anyone else have similar feelings? I took 2 gas-x this morning which didn't help much, so that leads me to believe that it's not really gas.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I liked the chocolate soy puffs. They remind me of whoppers and a pack seems like it last forever. Great movie snack!
The chocolate soy puff are amazing. Like someone else stated they taate like Whoopers just not as sweet. I tried some of the nuts and they were not for me. I suggest trying them for yourself as everyone likea different things.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #27  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Question for all your IP vets - sorry in advance if this is TMI!

The past few weeks I have been waking up in the morning with sharp stomach pains, almost like gas pains. They seem to go away as soon as I get up and move around, but those first few minutes in bed are VERY uncomfortable. I talked to my other half about this (he is in med school) and he seems to think that it is just my body waking up with a truly empty stomach. Does anyone else have similar feelings? I took 2 gas-x this morning which didn't help much, so that leads me to believe that it's not really gas.
Good morning. Sounds like hunger pains to me, but it could also be an allergic reaction to a food. How quickly are you eating after waking? Have you tried having a glass of room-temp water when you wake up?
Old 11-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #28  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Happy Thursday. Gosh, I thought it was Wednesday this morning and am so happy that it isn't! LOL. Had my first P3 breakfast this morning and, while tempted to post a photo, I won't. It was hard to get it all down although not as hard as I thought it might be. I am curious to see how my body responds to the bread - when I started IP I would get headaches all the time which ceased when I went on IP, so I am a little scared they are going to come back. I have a mild headache right now, so I might see about doing a gluten-free breakfast manana.

Happy days to you all!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Wow I am hungry! I had breakfast at 8:30. Usually don't eat again till noon but today might be an early lunch day.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Thanks I will try them!
Closed Thread