3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/14/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
dlr9774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
I like both the apple cinnamon and the chocolate covered soy puffs. The apple cinnamon ones seem like a really generous portion to me, so it's nice if I want to munch on them for a while (if I'm feeling snacky or if I'm in a meeting and other folks are eating). I've heard that some people like to use 1/2 the premade vanilla as "milk" and 1/2 the apple cinnamon puffs as cereal and have it as a breakfast. They're a bit high calorie so it's not a bad idea to have earlier in the day.

I have positive reviews for both. Actually bought a box of each to use as my restricted foods. I don't mind the bars but found them a little dense or something. Haven't tried the chips-- what kind do you like?

Thank you Great information!
dlr9774 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
mom2hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Looking for feedback on the soy puffs and the soy nuts, what kind do you guys enjoy, just starting week three of IP, and have stayed with the bars and chips. Any recommendations on the soy nuts or the soy puffs?
Thanks in advance.
I really love the chocolate puffs, like someone said, they are a nice treat, and more than you'd want to eat in one sitting, so you can open a bag and just pop one or two in your mouth if you're really craving chocolate and/or crunchy. Also the soy nuts, are good on a salad, I think.

GL with your journey!
__________________
Leona

mom2hi is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
dlr9774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Re-posting from yesterday in case anyone missed it...

IP is bringing back the Chicken Patty and also coming out with a Lemon Wafer.
Is the Chicken Patty good, I have one to try but to be honest am scared of the taste...is it good?
dlr9774 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
yespositively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Ugh, guys. I am irritated with myself but I miscalculated how much meat I had at work and am running a little short. I just had 4oz for lunch (I split my protein), and thought I have 4oz more for dinner since I have class after work. Turns out I don't. I am totally stumped as to where I should go to grab some compliant take out, or if I should just eat an extra IP packet (I have some red peppers so I'm OK for veggies) to get more protein.

Any suggestions?
yespositively is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
mom2hi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Ugh, guys. I am irritated with myself but I miscalculated how much meat I had at work and am running a little short. I just had 4oz for lunch (I split my protein), and thought I have 4oz more for dinner since I have class after work. Turns out I don't. I am totally stumped as to where I should go to grab some compliant take out, or if I should just eat an extra IP packet (I have some red peppers so I'm OK for veggies) to get more protein.

Any suggestions?
I don't know if all coaches would agree, but mine has always said to have an extra packet in my purse at all times for just this situation. So, I would have the extra packet, if I couldn't find a OP take-out option. Is there any chance you could get a salad from somewhere, with a 4 oz grilled chicken breast? That is my "go-to" for take-out, just need to make sure they don't add extras you can't have, and use lemon or vinegar for your dressing.

I also pack the individual packets of WF dressing in my bag at all times. Hope you can work it out!
__________________
Leona

mom2hi is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
yespositively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
I don't know if all coaches would agree, but mine has always said to have an extra packet in my purse at all times for just this situation. So, I would have the extra packet, if I couldn't find a OP take-out option. Is there any chance you could get a salad from somewhere, with a 4 oz grilled chicken breast? That is my "go-to" for take-out, just need to make sure they don't add extras you can't have, and use lemon or vinegar for your dressing.

I also pack the individual packets of WF dressing in my bag at all times. Hope you can work it out!
All of my packets are at the office right now, so I am set on that front.

I think there's a salad bar buffet a few blocks away-- no dressing, but some veggies and they probably have chicken. I've become wary of chicken out because most marinades used by restaurants contain sugar. I bet this place has deli turkey though.

I bought some WF dressing but need to bring it to the office in a little jar. Ah! At least this isn't a full on crisis since I have an arsenal of IP packets in my desk drawer.
yespositively is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #37
IP Start Date 11.07.13
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: WV
Posts: 27

S/C/G: 185.6/171.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

I really wanted a snack the other night, and took a look at the Snack Pack jello I had on hand...it's sweetened with Sucralose. Any feedback on why this would be a bad occasional treat?

Calories: 5
Fat: 0
Carbs: 1
Sugar: 0
__________________
WI 1 (11.14) - 6.6lbs, WI 2 (11.21) -1.6lbs, WI 3 (11.28) -3, WI 4 (12.05) -0.4, WI 5 (12.12) -2.8, WI 6 (12.19) -3.2


kpw30 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
claustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 205

S/C/G: 166/155.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
All of my packets are at the office right now, so I am set on that front.

I think there's a salad bar buffet a few blocks away-- no dressing, but some veggies and they probably have chicken. I've become wary of chicken out because most marinades used by restaurants contain sugar. I bet this place has deli turkey though.

I bought some WF dressing but need to bring it to the office in a little jar. Ah! At least this isn't a full on crisis since I have an arsenal of IP packets in my desk drawer.
Do you have a Subway close by? One of their chicken breast is 2.5-3oz. If Im out and about and hungry I get a Chicken salad and add my veggies.
__________________


WI 1: -6lbs WI 2: -6.8 WI 3: -1.6 WI 4: 0 WI 5: +4WI 6: -2.2
claustin is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
yespositively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Do you have a Subway close by? One of their chicken breast is 2.5-3oz. If Im out and about and hungry I get a Chicken salad and add my veggies.
That's helpful, thanks. There is a Subway on my block.
yespositively is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #40
ladylavender
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5 10

Default

Starting all over . I lost 30 pounds earlier this year and it was starting to creep back on so I'm back on track and down 5 already this week. You newbies have to know that it does work if you follow the program. You also have to make it a way of life cause if you go back to your old ways it will come back. Good luck to all of you and knowing you aren't alone really helps!!
ladylavender is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Ok yesterday was bad, horrible, worse than bad it was a train wreck! I felt sick from the junk I ate, I gained almost 2lbs!!! So today I am back on track and going strong! No more days like yesterday good grief I crashed and burned like the Hindenburg
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"

Last edited by sarahBell : 11-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
sarahBell is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #42
finale
 
finale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 187

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Thanks to everyone on the advise about tomatoes....I am thinking my daughter will join me sometime in the future.
finale is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #43
Member
 
Jamiemae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 212.6/ticker!/119

Height: 4'11''

Default

As of my last WI I am .3 lbs away from goal #1

Is it strange to be afraid to make my second mini goal? I feel better than I have in a while, but I'm just nervous to make a new goal...Can anyone relate?
Jamiemae is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
yespositively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemae View Post
As of my last WI I am .3 lbs away from goal #1

Is it strange to be afraid to make my second mini goal? I feel better than I have in a while, but I'm just nervous to make a new goal...Can anyone relate?
I'm kind of scared to maky any goals. My real goal is "feel comfortable and healthy in my own skin," but I have no idea what that translates to on a scale. I have never been happy with my weight since high school-- I don't even think I was overweight then, just not in good shape. I've thrown "lose 20lbs" out there before Christmas, but honestly I just want to lose weight, and I don't beat myself up if it's 17lbs and not 20lbs.

So I totally relate. I say stick with small goals since they are less scary.

And congrats on being so close to your first goal!
yespositively is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
yespositively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
First, I hope you bought those jeans!! And, YES! Keep the tags on them!! I had to return 8's for 4's and it was within the 60 days return period! You CAN do it!
I feel like a nut job, but I bought 6's. The 8's fit too well for me to justify purchasing them. I am definitely excited (but keeping the tags on!).
yespositively is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Friday 11/8/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 76 11-09-2013 12:00 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/19/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 71 09-20-2013 01:12 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/14/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 86 03-14-2013 11:42 PM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/14/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 64 02-15-2013 06:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2