Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #46  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I hope you got the info I sent and it is helpful, or at least gives you some ideas. Good luck! You will do so well in maintenance. I am so happy for you.
Thank you, and I did. Sorry, I haven't had a chance to reply. I can't wait until the morning but am still a little nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
I start Phase 3 Friday!!!
Congrats!

Quote:
I am feeling so down and sad today. Just last night one of my co-workers was killed on the job and he was just married a few months ago. I keep tearing up and can't imagine what his family is going through. It really makes me stop and think about what is important and that I need to let go of the little things I sometimes focus on, that are so unimportant. I will hold my loved ones close and tell them I love them.
Sending you hugs. I am so sorry to hear about this loss. Stay strong for yourself and your coworkers. Perhaps doing something for the family would make you feel better. Regardless, here's a big for you.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!
You look wonderful!!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Good morning IPers!

Question for ya: My favorite store to buy jeans from is having a 40% off sale today. I have a pair of 10s in my closet that fit just fine (not really snug, not really loose). Should I be an optimist and buy a size 8 while they're on sale? I'm thinking about buying a pair and keeping the tags on until they fit. I just feel silly buying another pair of 10s while I'm on a diet, but I really want some grey jeans while they're on sale!
Yes - yes - yes - buy the size 8 jeans. Great incentive for you.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Yes - yes - yes - buy the size 8 jeans. Great incentive for you.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to buy them tomorrow. Hopefully they fit by Christmas so I can wear them over the holidays!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 179/154/130

Height: 5'7.5"

Major congrats MelissaKate for staying OP on your cruise!!! That is amazing and so inspiring!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #51  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Sending you hugs. I am so sorry to hear about this loss. Stay strong for yourself and your coworkers. Perhaps doing something for the family would make you feel better. Regardless, here's a big for you.
Actually daklls, I am changing my position. Don't be strong if you don't want to be. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream, do it (but maybe find a pillow or a private spot). Own those emotions and you'll come through it.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #52  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

[QUOTE=sarita75;4882701]Actually daklls, I am changing my position. Don't be strong if you don't want to be. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream, do it (but maybe find a pillow or a private spot). Own those emotions and you'll come through it.[/QUOTE

Thanks sweetie. It is good to just to talk about it. Oh my, just as I am typing this they are talking about it on the news. I will do something for the family. That will be helpful.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #53  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Is anyone using the Pure Protein whey powder as an alternative? I'm seeing that a tub of that is only $18.00 at Walmart and thinking I could sub that in for a little variety. Since it's cooler outside,I think I could mix that with my coffee instead of the cold RTD. Looking for option for a "warm" breakfast instead of a shake.
this is a vvery good idea! did think about that!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #54  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

[/QUOTE] I will do something for the family. That will be helpful. [/QUOTE]

Doing something helpful for the family is the best thing you can do for you and them. Action is so much better than just sitting & becoming overwhelmed about the situation. Take care!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #55  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I will do something for the family. That will be helpful. [/QUOTE]

Doing something helpful for the family is the best thing you can do for you and them. Action is so much better than just sitting & becoming overwhelmed about the situation. Take care![/QUOTE]

You re so right. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #56  

Height: 5'2

My stomach has been violently growling today Have had twice as much water to drink as usual too. I wonder if my body is using more calories trying to fight it off this chest cold. Really made me want to cheat today. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself when you're sick! I rushed home from work and made myself a couple hard boiled eggs. I'll eat the rest later for dinner with asparagus. Bah, and my stomach is still growling after those eggs!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Congrats to everyone on their successes!!!!

I start Phase 3 Friday!!! I'm super excited because my mom is throwing my fiancé & I an engagement party- I'm going to be as good as I can, but alcoholic beverages will be consumed and i'm freaking pumped about it! lol Plus I get an English muffin for breakfast!!!!!AHH SO excited about that!!!

Happy hump day everyone!!!
Go easy on the alcohol. You will find you can not drink much. You may not feel very good the next day. I speak from experience. Otherwise congrats on getting to P3
Old 11-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #58  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story! Congrats on your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Okay it way too cold way too fast! Yesterday morning it was 70 degrees outside. This morning it's 38!! Me and the pups are curled up under a blanket on the couch, lol. Stayed off the scale this morning but only because it was too cold to strip down!
Maybe that's a good thing!
I totally agree. This cold weather is for the BIRDS! It is not helping me shake the cough, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Oh I hope you're home taking a sick day. Honestly I think we need days off just for our mental health sometimes.

First WI is for me today. I stood on the scale at home today and it showed a loss of 5.2lbs. Not as big of a Week 1 loss as some folks, but I'm pretty happy with it considering I was eating 90% paleo (so very low carb) prior to starting IP.

Will be curious to see if I lost any inches at my appointment today. My hips feel skinnier but my middle doesn't. I know this diet doesn't encourage exercise but I think I need to do a few planks to tone up.
I agree, NOLASmurf, take that sick/ mental health day if you need it. And YesPositively, i am with you thinking about the toning. I have done a few workouts for toning, but no cardio yet. Congrats on your loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hello all. Back from my coaching appointment. Down .9 pounds, water retention is WAY up there so I need to get a handle on that (I think it's almost my TOM). Tonight I go grocery shopping for Phase 3! Woot.
Woot, woot! Enjoy that phase three, and congrats on making it to that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Hi, all! I'm back from my cruise. All went well, even though I would NOT recommend going on a cruise while on IP! lol It was hard, but I stayed OP except I probably ate too many tomatoes, was short some veggies a couple of days (NO spinach on the ship...and I rely heavily on spinach), and had a little extra meat one day. Overall, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it. I had to watch all of my friends eating TONS of food, and all I could think about was "and we wonder how we've all gotten fat." It was enlightening to watch how people eat on the ship. It's INSANE the amount of food that people eat while on board....and I used to pig out right along with them.

I weighed in yesterday afternoon, and I was thrilled that I lost 3.2 pounds while we were gone!! While all of my girlfriends were whining about being bloated, having swollen fingers, and their pants getting too tight from all the food, they commented that the jeans I had just picked up THE DAY BEFORE the trip were already getting too loose. Talk about motivation to keep OP!
WOW! Congrats and THANKS for the inspiration! There is so much of it on the board today. You rocked that cruise and deserve those losses. I am sure it feels good!

Quote:
Congrats to everyone on their successes!!!!

I start Phase 3 Friday!!! I'm super excited because my mom is throwing my fiancé & I an engagement party- I'm going to be as good as I can, but alcoholic beverages will be consumed and i'm freaking pumped about it! lol Plus I get an English muffin for breakfast!!!!!AHH SO excited about that!!!
Too funny! I am so gonna have an English muffin when I get to phase three.

Quote:
I am feeling so down and sad today. Just last night one of my co-workers was killed on the job and he was just married a few months ago. I keep tearing up and can't imagine what his family is going through. It really makes me stop and think about what is important and that I need to let go of the little things I sometimes focus on, that are so unimportant. I will hold my loved ones close and tell them I love them.
So sorry to hear that. You and your co-workers are in my thoughts. That is rough for anyone.

I hope everyone's making it through this week well. Continuing my OP journey and TWO NSV's to report today. First, one of my co-workers came into the lunchroom and told me that I look skinner today than the last time she saw me (last Thursday). She commented on how noticeable it was and how good a job I am doing. That made my day!

Second, I am wearing size ten jeans tonight for the first time in years, perhaps decades! Yay! So thrilled!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

I hope everyone's making it through this week well. Continuing my OP journey and TWO NSV's to report today. First, one of my co-workers came into the lunchroom and told me that I look skinner today than the last time she saw me (last Thursday). She commented on how noticeable it was and how good a job I am doing. That made my day!

Second, I am wearing size ten jeans tonight for the first time in years, perhaps decades! Yay! So thrilled!

Great NSV's! Doesn't it feel great when someone notices how hard you have been working?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Love the cold blast in the south today! WI was great...I'm starting phase 2 in the morning!! My biggest concern is fitting in the additional 8 oz of protein...yes, I know I'm deleting a protein pack, but I have to wrap my brain around this & make a game plan.
Closed Thread