IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/12/2013

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Have a cold - feel crumby. TOM - feel crumby. Snowing outside - feel crumby. Having a bit of a 'sorry for myself' day. These days kill my will power and the emotional eater comes out with a vengeance! UGHH!
  • [QUOTE=lisa32989;4881836]Nashua Nutrition deal today
    free shipping orders over 49
    code Today49

Thanks for the coupon code. Wanted to get some extra stuff as a back up.
  • I can't believe how many are getting sick. I haven't been sick in years. I take a Claritin every day all year long and as soon as I feel funny like I might be getting sick I take an airborne. Works every time! I probably just jinx myself
  • Quote: Finished my first week of my reboot, down 6.4 pounds.

Very happy!!!
    That's great. I hope to have the same results when I weigh in tonight for my first week restarting. I already feel 100% better. Wish I went back sooner.
  • Quote: Since you're under the weather I wouldn't let the 2lbs bother you. Your body can retain water for all kinds of reasons. Just continue to take it easy and drink lots of fluids.
    Thanks for the kind words. I know between TOM and the cold its just retention. Still hate to see that scale go up. Gonna put it in the closet when I get home
  • Quote: Thanks for the kind words. I know between TOM and the cold its just retention. Still hate to see that scale go up. Gonna put it in the closet when I get home
    Hehe, hope it helps!
  • Quote: The zucchini muffins travel VERY well. And you definitely feel like you are eating!
    I make 4 servings at one time. As I said, they refrigerate & travel well and also do okay without refrigeration for a half-day or so.
    I make banana, lemon, oatmeal, and/or potato. Gets in your veggies, too!
    Oh, good one - I had forgot about those zucchini muffins - I think I'm making a couple of batches before we leave. Thanks!

Jo
  • Well, I have found a new meal. But I am not sure if I am allowed to have it hahahah It was to good. (I am in Phase 1)

For my lunch, I made the Potato Puree Flat Bread (Its delicious!!) and put on a leaf of lettuce, 0.5oz chicken and some mustard. What I am not so certain about is what I had with it....I had some celery....with PB2 on it you take 2tbsp of the powder mix 1tbsp of water to make a heaping 1tbsp of peanut butter. I put a little less then half on the celery. But I am not sure if I am allowed to use the PB2 in phase 1?? Anyone know?
  • Quote: Well, I have found a new meal. But I am not sure if I am allowed to have it hahahah It was to good. (I am in Phase 1)

For my lunch, I made the Potato Puree Flat Bread (Its delicious!!) and put on a leaf of lettuce, 0.5oz chicken and some mustard. What I am not so certain about is what I had with it....I had some celery....with PB2 on it you take 2tbsp of the powder mix 1tbsp of water to make a heaping 1tbsp of peanut butter. I put a little less then half on the celery. But I am not sure if I am allowed to use the PB2 in phase 1?? Anyone know?
    Well....Nevermind! Found the answer. Its a NO until Phase 3! Shoot!! Glad I only used 1/2 TBSP!! But at least now I know.
  • Hey PurpleMomster, Are you coming to Minneapolis for an event or to shop at the MOA. I live in the area, welcome!
  • Question about Thanksgiving meal
    I'm on phase 1 and for thanksgiving dinner, I was wondering if I can eat 8oz of Boston Market roasted chicken but without the skin?
  • Quote: Hey PurpleMomster, Are you coming to Minneapolis for an event or to shop at the MOA. I live in the area, welcome!
    Hey! We're coming down for a Wild/Jets game in St. Paul And some, okay lots, of shopping too! It's a bus tour - never done one before - but they're taking us to MOA and Albertville so it should be good.

I make the trip down 2 or 3 times a year, my son loves MOA, lol!

Jo
  • Hey Purple, If you're coming to Minneapolis this weekend you are in for some nice weather. It's been very cold here but will be in the 50's for Sat. Which will make Albertville tolerable. Have fun at the MOA! Lots of food choices there that will fit in with IP.
  • Quote: Very down today and it's not even 10 am! Today is my 2nd weigh in. My first weigh in ended up being 9 days after I started IP, and it was 10 pounds. I was ecstatic! Well my weekly weigh-ins are Tues. every week so now today's weigh in is 5 days later. So I expected the scale to obviously not show some high # like 10 pounds... but I don't think it's moved AT ALL.

My scale was 4 pounds lighter than the clinic's scale so I keep getting confused going off of both mine and their #. But my # keeps bouncing between 257-259 over the past 5 days. At 257, it means I've lost 2 pounds since the last WI... but at 259 I'm exactly the same. It was 259 this morning

I am so depressed about it. And I know "It could be inches, but no pounds!" but for me, I just want to see that # move right now. I have not cheated at ALL as far as eating what I shouldn't. But I will admit there were maybe 2 days I had dinner at 8 p.m. AND still did not have my snack yet, so I skipped the snack. And almost every day I've gotten 2 1/2 - 3 cups of veggies in. The veggies are soo hard for me.

I'm mad at myself and frustrated and afraid the coach is going to be disappointed today, as I am.

Does not having enough veggies affect your weight loss?
    Are u measuring inches every week? This is my second kick at the cat. I was on the plan about 1 1/2 yrs ago and lost 28 lbs in 9 weeks. And I lost 38 inches as well. I remember my coach saying that as long as you are either losing inches or lbs it is good.

I bet you lost some inches. Stay focused and next week you could be down 6lbs. I remember when I was on it last time I only lost 2 lbs the first week, and I remember the devastation I felt. I did everything right but the scale didn't show. The next week I was down 9lbs. It all works out in the end to approx 3lbs a week.

Keep up the good work
  • This is my first day on the forum and Day 14 on IP. So far so good. Down 19.5lb. Here's to a good rest of the week. Good luck everyone.