Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #91  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I agree!!! Even ground turkey makes it even better! You can par/blanch boil 1/2 a green bell pepper add in the chili and broil for abt 10-12 mins and have a stuffed pepper super yummy!
Sounds good, I will have to try that. Thanks for the idea.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So I have to vent a little. I have no freaking clue what I am going to do about my best friends wedding... We have to order my dress, because the wedding is in January, but by that time, I'm pretty sure I will have lost a ton of inches.... so I don't know what to do... she wants to order it based on my current size (and she's paying for it, so she's the one placing the order).... I only went down about 3 inches on my hips since I started, and that's the biggest area, and concern currently... I'm concerned because I don't know what to say to her to get her to believe I will probably drop at least 5 more inches in the coming 2 months, and that we should probably drop at least 3 inches off my current size, but even then, I don't KNOW where I'll be so I can't say if it will or wont be..... It's just very frustrating, and I don't have the answers...
Had the same type of problem for my son's wedding this year. Ended up ordering as they suggested, a size 14 but then had to have it alterations done down to a size 10, thanks to Ideal Protein. They are able to alter to you. Besides, it will feel wonderful to try on a dress that is way too big.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Deana - I am in the middle of this problem for a January wedding too. I convinced them to order one size smaller (can zip and wear if I had to, but tight in places) so that it hopefully won't need too much alteration. So few of us fit things off the rack anyway that alterations are the norm for bridesmaids dresses.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #94  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Quote:
So I have to vent a little. I have no freaking clue what I am going to do about my best friends wedding... We have to order my dress, because the wedding is in January, but by that time, I'm pretty sure I will have lost a ton of inches.... so I don't know what to do... she wants to order it based on my current size (and she's paying for it, so she's the one placing the order).... I only went down about 3 inches on my hips since I started, and that's the biggest area, and concern currently... I'm concerned because I don't know what to say to her to get her to believe I will probably drop at least 5 more inches in the coming 2 months, and that we should probably drop at least 3 inches off my current size, but even then, I don't KNOW where I'll be so I can't say if it will or wont be..... It's just very frustrating, and I don't have the answers...
Deana, you are doing so good! It's probably disheartening that your friend doesn't have faith in you (or seemingly since she is ignoring your weight loss direction). Things like this can be upsetting and in some cases could potentially derail someone's efforts. Probably there is no way to order the dress to avoid requiring alterations when it arrives unless it is not a fitted style. Having said that, here's what I've read about sizing charts.

In the plus sizes like 1X, 2X, 3X there is a wide range of weights per size, as much as 30 lbs before changing sizes. Even if you don't consider the variation in sized based on style, manuf, etc. In regular sizes, it's about 10 lbs per size. Of course, this depends on height too. You may drop an entire size by January but would the stress of *having* to lose weight for a multitude of reasons help or hinder your progress? I'd say weight loss and staying OP are more important than the money spent for alterations. So, if it's going to stress everyone out to order a smaller size, don't do it. My sister has been extremely supportive of my IP weight loss successes in the past. She rooted for me every step. Her positive input meant almost as much to me as my actual weight loss. It was healing on two levels. My wish for you is that you feel supported by your friend in your weight loss efforts and that she feels supported by you in her wedding day planning endeavors. Be her support and you will feel good. Ask, how can I make my friend feel special about her upcoming special day? That will be a win - win
Old 11-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Just dropping to report still doing great day 2 of vacation. Went to Dollywood yesterday and there were temptations left and right. I hope that I will be able to continue keep positive thoughts and not waver. Hope everyone else is stay OP and has a great Sunday.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
I have used the recipe below, which is for waffles, but it works fine making it into pancakes on a griddle too:

Ideal Protein Pudding Waffle Recipe
Note: Turns an unrestricted pudding packet into a waffle that fills you up
1 egg white
1/3 cup of water
Pinch of baking soda
Pinch of nutmeg (or cinnamon), optional
1 tsp of vanilla extract, optional
1 IP pudding packet
Combine first 5 ingredients and beat with whisk until frothy.
Add pudding packet, stirring continually.
Heat waffle iron, spray with olive oil spray. Add half the batter to waffle iron.
Cook for 1-2 minutes (or until done depending on your iron)
Top with Walden Farm's syrup and enjoy!
Thanks lighthouse101, I'm going to make them tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Day 2. Had some headaches yesterday evening, but made it through no problem. Actually woke up with a headache today so I am going to do the salt in my water today to keep them at bay.

Happy day everyone,
Old 11-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #98  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
Day 2. Had some headaches yesterday evening, but made it through no problem. Actually woke up with a headache today so I am going to do the salt in my water today to keep them at bay.

Happy day everyone,
Good idea! I know the first few days are rough, but it is so worth it! Stay strong!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #99  

Height: 5 '6

Deana: How exciting to look forward to a wedding where you will be thinner! I am photographing my cousins wedding in June and don't want my 50 relatives staring at my huge butt while I take pictures.... great motivation!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #100  

Reporting question here for hopefully more visibility?

Forgive me if this info is in an obvious spot.

I seem to remember a few months ago someone mentioned in a post that there is a book out there that lays out a nutritionally similar plan to IP but without any packets-- using only "real" foods. Does anybody remember the name or author?
Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Lady View Post
Reporting question here for hopefully more visibility?

Forgive me if this info is in an obvious spot.

I seem to remember a few months ago someone mentioned in a post that there is a book out there that lays out a nutritionally similar plan to IP but without any packets-- using only "real" foods. Does anybody remember the name or author?
I could be mistaken, but are you thinking of "The Simple Diet?"
Old 11-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
So I have to vent a little. I have no freaking clue what I am going to do about my best friends wedding... ..... It's just very frustrating, and I don't have the answers...
Deana509 - you are in a tough situation regardless. Here is my two cents as I sit watching my soon to be daughter in law planning the wedding.

It is hard to be the bride with so many details and their nerves are often stretched. They, too, often find that their size changes and they have to wear a wedding dress where they are the center of attention.

The day before my wedding I was at the tailor's seeing if they could squeeze a teeny bit more out of the seams because I had gained weight with the stress and eating out.

It is VERY hard to do that and much easier taking it in. I am not saying it is easy to take in let's say 5 inches, but it certainly is doable and no crisis. It would also mean that you could have it tailored for where you have lost the inches by then since there is no way to predict that part, regardless.

The reverse is NOT true because if it is too small for whatever reason (had a detour, hit a plateau, whatever) a new dress cannot be ordered in time. If it is too small, it either cannot be worn or is going to make you uncomfortable and make you very self conscious and maybe worried about the bride's reaction to a too small dress.

My advice would be to order the dress as you are today in a very snug fit, but wearable size. Then at a point a week or so before the wedding )if you have the dress by then) do a fitting and be sure you have a tailor around to help take it in. Even if it is not a perfect tailoring situation, you will at least have SOMETHING to wear, whereas if it for any reason has gone the other direction, you are truly stuck with NOTHING to wear?

In no way do I mean to imply you will not do really well and lose lots before the wedding as you have done really well. It just seems that one choice means you have options and the other choice, going smaller in the dress, could leave no options at the last moment.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I could be mistaken, but are you thinking of "The Simple Diet?"
Thank you. I don't know. I think it may have been Lisa who was recommending it to someone who was feeling they couldn't continue with packets for adverse effects or due to cost.

I'll look this up!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #104  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Hi all,

Have any of you experienced issues with low blood pressure after being on IP for a while? I've been OP for 12 weeks. When I started, my blood pressure was getting a little high - in the prehypertensive range.

In the last couple of weeks, it's been hovering around 95/65 or so, and I am getting lightheaded and dizzy an awful lot. I am drinking all my water and getting my salt in, so I'm not sure what more to do. I'm glad my blood pressure is out of the high range, but I'm not doing well with this lightheadedness now. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Sunday all!

Yesterday was a kind of rough day on IP for me-- the first half of the day went well but I got to dinner and it was a crapshoot. Just was NOT hungry. I hope this is a side effect of ketosis and will go away over time. Zero appetite. I managed to choke down about 1/4c of zucchini and 3oz pork tenderloin. It was good I just couldn't eat.

Opened two different restricted items and did not like either. Figures I have a giant headache this morning (I actually get headaches all the time, not just IP). I let myself sleep in this morning and am taking it easy today.

I guess on the plus side I didn't go "off" plan persay, but I do wish I could get my body's rhythm to cooperate with this diet.
Closed Thread