Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #16  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Awwwww! I love it. I'm very passionate about my animals and very rarely have company to my house because I can't stand how ppl act around my dogs. My SIL ex husband used to demand I lock them up when he visited because he's a 'cat person' and dogs are smelly and rude. Yay he spent most of his visit with a 70lb dog in his lap. This is their house. They are allowed on furniture (they have their own chairs) they will sniff you and greet you first. Abby was abused, she doesn't like loud noises and runs to her kennel when you shake out the garbage can liner. Living right on the Ms River 4 of July and NYE are terrible for her the fireworks have her shaking like a leaf. She gets to sleep in the big bed on those nights. They both have ex large kennels that I've laid in with them before. I'm with you on the DH thing! But thankfully he loves them just as much as I do!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #17  

Height: 5 '6

I have a maltese and he's my baby!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 11-09-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Nolasmurf I have 4 memory foam beds for them, no kennels they have free range of the house but not the furniture. I spend more time on the floor than anything. Karli wont leave her bed when someone is over. We have 2 acres fenced in and they spend time outside only when we're home. Karli wont go out unless I am with her, any noise and she bolts for the door. poor girl, when we have a big party for the holidays I put them in the mud room with their beds and dont let the people go there. My "kids" are happier that way, they are used to a quiet house.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #19  

Hiker How sweet! Next time around my next rescues will be smaller but not that small. It costs a fortune to feed these guys.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #20  

Outside for me ....fetch , wrestling in the leaves, keep away with the ball. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #21  

Height: 5 '6

Getting a dog is the best way to get your walking in! Some days I'm just sooo tired but I get home from work and he looks at me with those hopeful eyes, paws my leg and I just can't say no.... out the door I go and always feel better for it!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #22  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

So now that we've hijacked the daily chat with our dog talk Sorry everyone!

Here's a question. How much coffee do you drink daily and have you seen it effect your losses? I drink 2 -3 cups a day with splashes of EAS French vanilla as 'creamer' and 1 Splenda each time. I don't see a slow down in losses but actually think it helps me stay OP. A cup of coffee in the afternoon stops the 'snacks' feeling
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #23  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Everyone! I, too was an early riser this morning......6:10 a.m.....and I'd gone to bed late - 1:30 a.m., so have no idea why I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep! And I know sleep is important to help avoid weight gain, so not happy about the 5 hrs of sleep!

But, it is a beautiful, crisp, sunny Saturday! I actually haven't had my breakfast yet, so going to run and do that now. I am going to make the IP crispy cereal pancakes. I never have time for that on weekdays, but have been thinking about them ever since I made them while on vacation (was my first time having them - yum!)

Also want to report back that after my 1 week hiatus in he** (COMPLETELY off plan for a week when I RETURNED from vacation - did fine ON vacation - go figure!) and then this last 1 week 100% OP - I have lost the 7 I'd gained, plus 1 more for good measure! Am putting the home scale away now, and back to my clinic-only weigh ins starting on Monday so I'll update my ticker then. BTW - How annoying is that to have lost 8 lbs in the last week, but since 7 of it was weight I'd gained back, when I weigh in on Monday, it will only really be a 1 lb loss since I was in last! And that's if my home and clinic scales are even close! Oh well! I did it to myself, and hopefully is a lesson learned!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Last edited by slownsteady; 11-09-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #24  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Yay! I had a surprisingly good weigh in this morning. Down 4.9 lbs. So exciting. What a great way to start the weekend.

Happy weekend all!

IP POWER!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Someone on the forums told me to post this here since you guys are more experienced then me.

I started IP Oct 7 and I am down 17 lbs. I am only using IP stuff.

This week my mouth has been feeling weird-almost like a reaction to something I am eating. I went to my dentist and ENT. They both think it could be a reaction to the diet - I am not use to eating salt and vinegar prior to being on IP.

My tongue was sore, has white stuff on it (it is not yeast) sort of trouble swallowing, and seems like a dry mouth but I have saliva. ENT gave me a cortision shot and stuff to put on my tongue. I also have little fissulares on my tongue (grooves), no bad breath and I have been drinking all my water.

Dentist said it could be a virus or reaction to eating alot of pickles and salt
ENT said could be stress or body adjusting to the diet

Wondering if anyone else had any issues like this and did it go away? I am not eating pickles for a week to see if that helps. I was eating at least .5-1cup for lunch and sometimes dinner almost everyday

Then I am wondering if I am allergic to stuff in the IP products - soy, whey? Or is this just ketosis?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Yay! I had a surprisingly good weigh in this morning. Down 4.9 lbs. So exciting. What a great way to start the weekend.

Happy weekend all!

IP POWER!
Congrats on your 4.9 pound loss!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #27  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Someone on the forums told me to post this here since you guys are more experienced then me.

I started IP Oct 7 and I am down 17 lbs. I am only using IP stuff.

This week my mouth has been feeling weird-almost like a reaction to something I am eating. I went to my dentist and ENT. They both think it could be a reaction to the diet - I am not use to eating salt and vinegar prior to being on IP.

My tongue was sore, has white stuff on it (it is not yeast) sort of trouble swallowing, and seems like a dry mouth but I have saliva. ENT gave me a cortision shot and stuff to put on my tongue. I also have little fissulares on my tongue (grooves), no bad breath and I have been drinking all my water.

Dentist said it could be a virus or reaction to eating alot of pickles and salt
ENT said could be stress or body adjusting to the diet

Wondering if anyone else had any issues like this and did it go away? I am not eating pickles for a week to see if that helps. I was eating at least .5-1cup for lunch and sometimes dinner almost everyday

Then I am wondering if I am allergic to stuff in the IP products - soy, whey? Or is this just ketosis?
Luccilove - I had some of the same mouth symptoms but not as bad as you have. I eliminated the soy products for about a month and everything cleared up (including the mild rash I had). I've been able to incorporate 1 soy product a day back into my diet with no problems, but have to limit them.

From what I've read, soy is the most common allergy with this diet. Although that many pickles if you're not used to eating them (in my totally non-medical opinion) might cause some mouth issues.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
Also want to report back that after my 1 week hiatus in he** (COMPLETELY off plan for a week when I RETURNED from vacation - did fine ON vacation - go figure!) and then this last 1 week 100% OP - I have lost the 7 I'd gained, plus 1 more for good measure! Am putting the home scale away now, and back to my clinic-only weigh ins starting on Monday so I'll update my ticker then. BTW - How annoying is that to have lost 8 lbs in the last week, but since 7 of it was weight I'd gained back, when I weigh in on Monday, it will only really be a 1 lb loss since I was in last! And that's if my home and clinic scales are even close! Oh well! I did it to myself, and hopefully is a lesson learned!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
You and I are apparently in this one together - I gained 10 pounds after a 3 week hiatus and this morning had managed to drop 5 of those, so I am still +5 for the experience. It has given me renewed fervor to get roaring back on the program, so I am actually OK, sort of!

I refuse to update my ticker to the gains, not because I am not being honest, but because I want a positive reminder of where I have been and how I got there.

My lesson is learned - fall down, get back up, admit the slip/slide and just resolve to deal with immediately rather than wallow in the guilt.

That being said, I am not sure how I would have handled my son's three week visit radically differently - I see him only once a year and this one was between deployments and included getting engaged to a dear one we have always loved. We did not eat more than a few meals at home, we made numerous long roads trips to places he wanted to visit, and he and I shared some great times and meals together.

I did not go crazy off - I still tried to stay relatively low carb. I would love to have some feedback as to how to handle situations like that where it was a long term get together with him. In many ways breaking bread and sharing food is love and is making connections. I know after the first three days of trying to stay OP that I would not make it.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Default stalled

Hi everyone,

a little frustrated to see the scale hasnt moved in 2 weeks. I am hovering over 158. I just started strength training but making sure I drink an extra shake right after my workout. I have lost 17 pounds so far. My trainer told me to eat carbs before a workout so I dont burn muscle. I am having a shake an hour before my workout obviously the carbs in it are negligent.

Please advise. Should I continue to drink a shake an hour before my workout and then a shake right after one? I can probably have a restricted packet before my workout.

Another thing I noticed, not getting enough water. I am hardly drinking any. I have resolved to drink a gallon a day starting today.

Thanks!
P
Old 11-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Hiker88 I stand on the scale every morning, always have. I only count an official weigh in weekly (usually on Saturdays, but with IP will change to Wednesday). I think it depends on how it affects you if you see a gain, because that does happen sometimes! This morning I stood on the scale and it say 175. When the heck was the last time it said that, I don't even know! Totally motivated me to stay OP today, even though I would prefer to have a cocktail and some off plan foods. But that said, if it goes up tomorrow, that's okay (as long as I was OP, I know fluctuations happen with my body based on salt intake, TOM, water, etc).

vachinyc

Pixie111 Are you getting enough calories? My coach was pretty adamant about not working out since it might put your body into starvation mode. Depending on what you are doing with your trainer you might not be having enough calories. Talk with your coach about having an extra IP packet a day if you really want to work out.

Last edited by yespositively; 11-09-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Closed Thread