Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone!

Trish, hurray for your great WI!

Sonya, I go to Weight No Longer in Niantic. It is $$, but I like that they take your blood pressure every time you WI. I like all of the people at the Center. They are even offering a yoga class on Mondays For $5.00. They offer extra classes on incorporating changes into your lifestyle.

Rena,That sounds like a great dinner and OB is another option for eating out. Thanks.

65x65, I am grateful for all the information that you share.

dlr9774, same thing happened to my pancake. Someone suggested very low heat.

Sarahbell, I say keep the pants, you will be in them in no time.

Deana, congrats on the smaller size. Feels so good when clothes fit!

Staying OP for my birthday paid off, the scale is down 2 pounds more today!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for your advice on the pants. I am going to keep them, I bet they will fit a week or two PLus I have zero desire to go to old navy anyways LOL
Old 11-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #63  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

I have the week off from work so between me needing to get an eye exam and glasses before this years insurance runs out and my brother wanting to check the alternator in my car. I will be driving to Denver today before the snow storm that is to hit tonight. Taking a few moments to enjoy my morning and read the weekend thread. I am still struggling a bit to stay 100% everyday, but it is getting better and easier. I do think the Vitamin D is really helping (By the way did you all know yesterday was Vitamin D Day? http://www.vitamindday.net/#home )
I will also be looking for full spectrum light bulbs while I am down in the big city. Also need a pair of size 10 jeans and a pair of 8's to keep me motivated to keep up the good fight. Looking at having a fun few days with my brother and his fiance, I really enjoy her company!

I hope you all have a great OP day and week for that matter, just in case I can't get on as much.
* to everyone*
Old 11-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 290/263/150

What a gorgeous day! I actually had to turn the heat on for a bit this morning for the first time to take the chill off.

My plans for cleaning out closets will have to wait until next weekend. Instead, I'm sitting with my leg propped up with hubby waiting on me hand and foot! I twisted my already-bad knee Friday and I'm taking it easy so I make it through work this week.

Sooo... I'm going to sit back and sip on my hot tea while I enjoy the sunshine and birds! Hope everyone else's Sunday is this awesome!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

My coach said she'll have the new ready-to-serve chicken dinner in tomorrow. This is what it said in her email from headquarters:

"America’s favorite staple is sure to be a hit with this delicious combination of moist chicken and bold taste!

This tasty ready-to-eat portion is perfect for dieters on all phases of the diet who are looking for convenience.

With no cooking or refrigeration required plus a shelf life of 3 years, all you need to do is add 2 cups of vegetables for a compliant Ideal Protein dinner portion.

Chicken Dijonnaise is another element of our continuing commitment to support our dieters in Phase 4 (Maintenance), a convenient, sensible choice as part of a healthy lifestyle.

You’ll get maximum amount of protein and minimum amount of calories in this tasty Chicken Breast with Dijonnaise Sauce.

Give it a try and you’ll be hooked!"

Sounds convenient but she said it's pretty high in sodium and cholesterol.

I'm thinking it'll be good in a pinch.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Can we have prosciutto on phase 1? Cause the IP cookbook uses t a lot. A great app for the holidays would be prosciutto wrapped fennel or veggie for Tday- grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #67  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Hi ReenHag - you're an inspiration too; what a nice & fast IP journey you have had. Outback sounded like it was a great meal. What are some other tips you can share just on the day to day? Your progress is awesome; you go girl!!
Thanks! The biggest thing for me, day to day, is to remember why I am doing this and that it is a choice. My daughter will make something at school (she is taking classes in Baking and Pastry) and tell me, "Mom, you can't have it." I remind her that I can have anything I want, but I am CHOOSING to not have certain things now because my health is more important. Also, when that sweet tooth hits, the jicama chips with cinnamon and Splenda really help! So do some of those bars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I will be driving to Denver today before the snow storm that is to hit tonight. Taking a few moments to enjoy my morning and read the weekend thread.
Have fun and be safe! My dad and step-mom live in CO, in a town called Salida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugsgrandma View Post
My plans for cleaning out closets will have to wait until next weekend. Instead, I'm sitting with my leg propped up with hubby waiting on me hand and foot! I twisted my already-bad knee Friday and I'm taking it easy so I make it through work this week.
Wow, I hope your knee feels better soon! Take it easy and enjoy your day!

Man, this time change plus little throat/cold thing are really throwing me off! I feel like it should be about five o'clock when it is really not even two! Ugh!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Thanks! The biggest thing for me, day to day, is to remember why I am doing this and that it is a choice. My daughter will make something at school (she is taking classes in Baking and Pastry) and tell me, "Mom, you can't have it." I remind her that I can have anything I want, but I am CHOOSING to not have certain things now because my health is more important. Also, when that sweet tooth hits, the jicama chips with cinnamon and Splenda really help! So do some of those bars...

Reen...good for you! One is only deprived if one allows that to be the overwhelming emotion.
You should feel SMUG!!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 11-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #69  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Man, this time change plus little throat/cold thing are really throwing me off! I feel like it should be about five o'clock when it is really not even two! Ugh!
ReenHag - You're such a great role model, that's terrific! I need to review a recipe on how to make jicama chips, I've never checked those out yet and it's about time. The kale chips are awesome. I've never tried jicama.

Yes, the time change is totally throwing me off too - I keep thinking it's later than it is.

Hoping everyone had a great day!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #70  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Reen...good for you! One is only deprived if one allows that to be the overwhelming emotion.
You should feel SMUG!!!!
Thanks, 65! Not smug, but just keeping it real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
ReenHag - You're such a great role model, that's terrific! I need to review a recipe on how to make jicama chips, I've never checked those out yet and it's about time. The kale chips are awesome. I've never tried jicama.

Yes, the time change is totally throwing me off too - I keep thinking it's later than it is.
Here is how we made jicama chips:
1. Oven at about 375 F (and watch them closely; they brown quickly!)
2. Peel jicama and slice very thin using a mandoline.
3. Cover paking tray with non-stick spray or grapeseed oil.
4. Put jicama slices on tray, close but not overlapping.
5. Brush top of jicama slices with more GS oil.
6. Mix about 1 Tbsp each Spelnda and cinnamon in a small bowl, then dust your chips.
7. Bake until lightly brown, and enjoy! (If I recall, I baked them for about 10-15 minutes.)
8. Go buy more jicama cuz you will want these again tomorrow!

I also made jicama fries (same seasoning, just cut like thin fries...yummm! Also, I get the impression jicama would lend itself to a more savory seasoning, if that is to your liking. Hubby made jicama slaw with raw jicama, broccoli, and cabbage with some mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds. It was quite good with dinner.

Enjoy! Have a good night! I feel that with the time change, I will be in bed by eight!

Renee
Old 11-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Question Nsv?????!!!

Ok tonight I noticed that my calves have shrunk?! My calves use to be so big and my ankles are more defined???

Seriously can this happen??? If so I can buy BOOTS maybe?!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok tonight I noticed that my calves have shrunk?! My calves use to be so big and my ankles are more defined???

Sure can! I'm wearing "regular" boots this season.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post

sarahBell, this is one of my biggest frustrations with being overweight! I hope they really are shrinking! (and I bet they are )
Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #74  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Have fun and be safe! My dad and step-mom live in CO, in a town called Salida.

Wow, I hope your knee feels better soon! Take it easy and enjoy your day!

Salida is one of the two towns I will drive to if I need some shopping, but don't want to go to the 'big city.' I skirt around it when driving to Denver though. It was a beautiful day for the drive and safely at my brother's house.
Closed Thread