Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #16  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My contributions:

When I was on p1: for myself: seltzer, Mio, celery, cukes, green peppers, asparagus guac, quest bar or crunchy restricted.
Veggie tray to share. Ate meat provided.

Still eating meat sans bun
Good menu - I hadn't thought about the mockamole.

I don't know if I'll ever go back to eating meat on buns. I have learned to love the lettuce crunch when I bite into a burger.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Tuscany I've done that with the whole wheat loaves I've made pre IP. The low carb recipes I am finding for P3 next week call for VWG flour? I cant find that anywhere and there is 50-50 mix of whether they are the same product? So is Vital Wheat Gluten the same as Vital Wheat Gluten flour? The recipes call for 1 cup of vital wheat gluten flour?
I feel so much better being GF that I can't help.
All of my recipes are coconut flour, almond meal, amaranth, masa harina, etc
Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I feel so much better being GF that I can't help.
All of my recipes are coconut flour, almond meal, amaranth, masa harina, etc
Thanks Lisa, so do you make a bread machine loaf using those flours? low carb? Mind sharing the recipe?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #19  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Just put it in the bottom of your purse. I've not been to any event that they check that closely.
Thanks Lisa! It might get a little smushed but it's better than nothing! Enjoy your tailgate.

Happy birthday Slipfree!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Maryland My Maryland

Gorgeous day here in central Maryland. Went to spin class, sweat a lot! House is clean, and I am going to a party this afternoon, and having one tonight too! Busy day. Won't be noshing on much, trying to keep it bland per doctors orders... Doing my best to keep the joy factor high today!

Since the attachments are working, here is a quick before and now. The now was 2 weeks ago, but good enough for me!
}}}}hugs{{{
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sidebyside.jpg (97.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #21  

Midge You look amazing!!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Tuscany I've done that with the whole wheat loaves I've made pre IP. The low carb recipes I am finding for P3 next week call for VWG flour? I cant find that anywhere and there is 50-50 mix of whether they are the same product? So is Vital Wheat Gluten the same as Vital Wheat Gluten flour? The recipes call for 1 cup of vital wheat gluten flour?
Gluten is the protein that makes bread made with wheat "elastic". If you are wheat sensitive...you probably want to stay away from gluten in any form. It is what celiacs have a violent reaction to in their digestive tract.

Vital wheat gluten is not flour...it is a separate ingredient. I suspect if you add it to a non gluten flour in a recipe it causes the finished product to have a consistency similar to something made with wheat flour..

In our world of true celiac and wheat sensitivity...it is a no-no. Huge.

My youngest daughter, who has severe celiac, actually shudders and trembles when she sees a bag of that on a shelf...esp when they have it next to gluten free flours and products. Makes no sense in our world!

http://www.celiac.com/articles/8/1/W...din/Page1.html

Last edited by 65X65; 11-02-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #23  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks Ruth Ann
Not much b/c I was up late with the Great Divide crew (this state is divided by 2 big colleges who are playing today)

We packed a vehicle for tailgate and I got some warm beverages ready. It is cold and rainy here. Great weather...if you're a duck!!!!

This is my first tailgate NOT on P1. I still brought a veggie tray and chopped a bunch of veggies last nite. Veggies will be my maintenance mainstay and will keep me away from the tailgate junk today. The only difference: not tracking every morsel/calorie/measuring veggies/dips for veggies (instead of plain). Brought some sugar-free choices to drink today.
Good Morning Lisa! Have fun tailgating, sounds like you've got a great system down, thanks for sharing your go to's (see Lisa's 2nd entry, as well). Hope you have a good rain coat and try to stay dry so you don't get sick!

I have a silly question that I've been meaning to ask.. What is Mio, what does it do and how does it taste?

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi all!

It's my birthday! I weigh in this morning, hoping for a good loss. Also bought myself the IP cookbook as a present. Going to a charity tea- with all the typical goodies but I am bringing my strawberry wafers. I think they look appropriately chic chic foo foo. Then to dinner, chose a seafood place, going to have tuna with fennel slaw. My bday present to my self will be a great IP day

Lisa, stay warm. Your words yesterday were inspiring!

Sonolady, the weather here in CT is sunny, so it might be on your way.

Have a wonderful day
Happiest of Days @Slipfree!!

That sounds like a great present to yourself. Lots of folks in Calgary have been talking about how Chef Verati is coming their way, I hope he comes to VT or CT (where I'm from too) soon. That would be so much fun!

Be sure to have some fun today and hope you're smiling all day long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning all. Happy sunny (here) Saturday!

I made Crispy Cereal Pancakes this morning. Yum! Can't believe I waited so long. Great weekend breakfast.

Looking forward to a nice walk in the sun today. Then some closet cleaning. Yay - getting rid of some too big clothes.

Have a great weekend. IP POWER!
Hi vachinyc - Good morning! It's dreary and threatening rain here but glad it's sunny where you live.. Okay, I need to check out this crispy cereal pancakes - i think you've sold me on them. Should I go to the main recipe page and review the recipe or rather, do you have any tips to share?

Enjoy your walk, hoping to get one in too - cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Gorgeous day here in central Maryland. Went to spin class, sweat a lot! House is clean, and I am going to a party this afternoon, and having one tonight too! Busy day. Won't be noshing on much, trying to keep it bland per doctors orders... Doing my best to keep the joy factor high today!

Since the attachments are working, here is a quick before and now. The now was 2 weeks ago, but good enough for me!
}}}}hugs{{{
Hi MidgieMoon - WOWZER - You look fabulous!!! WTG!! All your hardwork, so great to see all of your success, you must be so proud of yourself.

I'm jealous to hear you're done with your chores, still need to clean but just got done grocery shopping so need to putz around the house a bit and do my wknd duties so it feels nice.

Congrats again on your success with IP - love hearing/seeing success stories and photos - YEAY!!!

To All IP'ers - have a great day and hope everyone does something that makes you smile today! After I clean, I'm treating myself to a manicure and maybe a movie. I'll be sure to arm myself with an IP bar as not to be tempted by the theater Talk to ya later!

Last edited by KareVT; 11-02-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #24  

Morning everyone! Busy weekend - hosting my 3 year old great nephew's birthday party today, super hero balloons and all Roasting a chicken with mashed cauli, roasted green beans and I'll have a bar instead of ice cream cake for dessert.

Trying to get the last bit of yard work cleaned up too and put away the Halloween decorations. For some reason, I am so excited for Christmas this year - I even bought a new yard decoration yesterday

Took my son and his friend to a movie last night and the popcorn and other normally yummy smelling food there didn't even interest me at all. Amazing for me - I *love* movie theatre popcorn...and pizza...and fries...

Have a great IP day!

Jo
Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #25  

65x65 Thanks I know that, in some recipes I've made it calls for the VWG to yes help it rise higher. In searching for the low carb bread recipes it seems they call for 1 cup VWG some specify flour some don't. The other flour is only 1/3 c soy flour, 1/3c oat flour, 1/3c flax meal. There is an egg, yeast, blah blah the other normal stuff. I can't find any straight answers, some say they are different products some say not. Soo its in the bread machine now as a test with 1 cup Vital Wheat Guten, we'll see....... DH can eat it I will however have a slice to test.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes. I am wearing a smile this wide!

KareVT- where in VT? I went to Keene in NH and have family from near Mt. Ascutney.

Midge: I had my gallbladder removed after a lifetime of dieting. Very easy surgery for me. I had been misdiagnosed for a year, so I felt much better when it was over. Veggies with fiber were very hard for me to digest before the surgery. How will this affect your wonderful trip?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
65x65 Thanks I know that, in some recipes I've made it calls for the VWG to yes help it rise higher. In searching for the low carb bread recipes it seems they call for 1 cup VWG some specify flour some don't. The other flour is only 1/3 c soy flour, 1/3c oat flour, 1/3c flax meal. There is an egg, yeast, blah blah the other normal stuff. I can't find any straight answers, some say they are different products some say not. Soo its in the bread machine now as a test with 1 cup Vital Wheat Guten, we'll see....... DH can eat it I will however have a slice to test.
Yes...it is confusing...and I bet there are variations is what is in the products...test run trial and error!!!
Good luck!
The Elana's pantry blog has a lot of recipes for breads on line...they are all paleo so there is no wheat or gluten in any of them. I've tried one so far and can't wait to test a lot of others from her site once I am full into maintenance!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #28  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Oh my, I don't know the answer to that, sorry. What I use is just called vital wheat gluten. Yours almost sounds like flour with an extra high ratio of gluten in there. Sorry I can't be more help.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #29  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Today is the big RIVAL football game at our college.... Both teams, undefeated, one will remain undefeated! And We pray it's us! Whoooo! No tailgating for me though! But I am going to take a Hot Chocolate drink down with me to the field....
Old 11-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #30  

65x65, Tuscany wow it was/is good bread! DH liked it, I liked it I will definitely make it more in the near future. I followed the recipe, its 5carbs a slice and 11 grams protein. Thanks for the blog info I will investigate that also an author Jennifer Eloff, she writes/cooks low carb glutenfree, sugar free books. I'm lucky no gluten issues here. I doubled the recipe, it didnt make a big loaf, dense like Ezekiel sprouted whole grain. I made DH a big pot of beef stew for lunch and he had hot bread with it. I know I have at least one recipe that I can make and have more of in a few weeks.
Closed Thread