Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #16  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Ipeeps!
So despite my HORRIBLE day yesterday (I didnt eat off plan, I just didn't get a second to eat at all until around 10PM last night) I still managed to have a great week, even being sick...
WI this morning was a -5.6 lb meltage!
Was not expecting it, since I expected a slow down (and still do, because I know its coming) and especially since Ive been sick....
Have a marvelous weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #17  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Handling the holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
For me, in the past, the holidays served as an excuse to over indulge and I know I do NOT want to feel that out of control ever again.

How do you guys intend to make it through the next two months of holiday cheer??
I think the advice outlined by Lisa and 65x65 definitely speak to what's in my heart. Family and health are the most important; as I get closer to 40, I realize that I want to be around a lot longer! Losing my brother unexpectedly last year at age 49 coupled with being super sick and at my heaviest this past May really hit me over the head and got me jump started. I worked really hard at eating better and exercising this summer, dropping about twelve pounds before even starting IP. Then a friend introduced me to this IP program, at it has changed my life! I feel like I can handle maintenance, as I was doing really well eating better and exercising in the months before starting IP. Being able to make more memories with my family is my biggest motivation for keeping good habits and not overdoing it during the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Road Trip!
Headed to Michigan for the weekend for a big football game.
Have a great time! Sounds like you have a plan in place to remain successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The same way I did last year. Have an OP plan for each day. Remove the food/beverage focus. Make the holiday about connecting with the people and not about the food. A few tastes of the food will be there next year. My fat won't . ...It isn't about what your don't get to have, it is about the abundance of family and friends. Enjoy them without focusing on the food.
I agree 100%! Food is for sustaining your body; relationships sustain your soul. Focus on that during the holidays. Now, it is easy to say that now! Those tempting foods will be there at the holidays, and there are certain traditional dishes that are a part of the celebration. For me, it is also about tweaking the recipes and going in with a plan to enjoy myself responsibly! I like the sparkling water mocktails, as I am sure one glass of wine will be more than enough when I am in maintenance.

[QUOTE=65X65;4874474If you have been on some kind of weight loss program, the holidays are a test. If you have lost enough to need a new "something" to wear "somewhere"...then let that be your motivation.
...But imagine yourself someplace where you can look different than you did before you started this venture. Imagination is a big part of discovering the future.

Go find your future....[/QUOTE]

Love this! I know my girlfriends will love taking me out and dressing me up when I hit goal! I have even gotten a few things to fit my changing body, mostly at Goodwill (cuz I can't bear to or afford to spend full price on something that will only be worn for a few weeks!) We will window shop, but they will also help me find the bargains when I need to replace my wardrobe. How fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Road trip this weekend to family event that is completely about food. I know. I'm crazy. It's called a Cochon De Lait. AKA: Pig Roast. That's right, every family member and friend (about 80 people) bring their own dish and we have a massive 'food court' all day and into the LSU game. Have no fear! My cousin and mom are on IP and we're bringing our own veggies to throw on the grill and making a big OP salad in hopes that people stop by our table and share the healthy goodness. My uncle was planning to bbq so I am not worried about falling off the wagon since I have a support system with me!
Sounds like you have a plan in place. Enjoy!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #18  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Default Happy Friday!

Hi, all!

Sitting here by the fire with me tea nursing myself through a sick day, my first this year. That throat tickle/ sinus thing is paying me a visit. Guess the good thing is I don't have much of an appetite. I did make a version of Lisa's chicken soup last night (yum!) and will have another serving for lunch. Hopefully rest and hot beverages will help me feel better by Monday!

Have a great weekend, all. Looking forward to WI on Sunday!

Renee
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #19  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Dean509* That is an awesome WI. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work and I hope you get over being sick soon.

ReenHag I also hope you can recover quickly also.

Wishing eveeryone a great weekend !
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #20  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
No on line shopping. Yet. You need that visual of you...in something new and exciting. Plus..you have no idea of size. On line anonymous shopping is what we did when we knew it was going to be depressing to go to a shop or the mall...Honestly. You don't need to buy til your ready. But imagine yourself someplace where you can look different than you did before you started this venture. Imagination is a big part of discovering the future.

Go find your future....
I LOVE this. So true - for the past five years I have hated clothes shopping with a passion. Because everything looked horrible. I had this vision of myself which simply didn't match my reality. I'm not quite ready to go buy new clothes yet - but I've been shopping in my closet and wearing things I had put in the back thinking I'd never wear them again. And now I am. So excited for the new me, and the new wardrobe.

Made it through Halloween, had over 100 kids at the door so managed to get rid of most of the candy. But then my 11 year old came back with a huge pillowcase full of the stuff she'd collected. Ugh. I hate seeing her eating it. I'll let her go for it today, but then the rest will quietly disappear to the office. It's a fine line trying to educate my kids with what I'm learning on the program, and not having them rebel - but I don't want them to face the same weight challenges that I have in their later life. They're both athletes, slim and trim like my husband (who is a triathlete and a marathoner) so they kind of think they're invincible - and maybe they did win the genetic lottery. But they also have my taste for food

Another challenge this weekend - I'm leaving tonight for my annual trip to the Banff Film Festival with my sisters. But I have my travel kit ready, and a plan for the restaurants, so I am ready to go!

Kathy

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 11-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #21  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Just reading the late posts from yesterday's daily thread - some people mentioning Chef Verati in Regina - is he on a road trip? Where can you find the schedule? If he comes to Calgary I would love to go to see him.

Kathy
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #22  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Question for the alt folks. Who uses the premier protein RTD's? I bought acase of the snack size ones to keep myself from getting burnt out on the EAS french vanilla. My Sam's is so inconsistant on their stock! Last time i was there they ha the EAS chocolate now only frnech vanilla! Anyway does the premier protein fit iP stats?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #23  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Hi all. Happy Friday. I am plugging away here in SF and ready for the weekend. Tonight I am breaking down and celebrating my victories by purchasing a quilted vest. I have a coupon and love the vest so -- I am going to pamper myself a little bit. This weekend is full of cleaning out closets, shoes, snowboarding equipment, cleaning house, reading and volunteering for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society/ Team in Training. Looking forward to riding my bike, doing some walking and hanging out.

Deana - Congrats!!!! I am very happy you made your 1st goal! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #24  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Good morning fellow IPers. So nice to read some inspiring and thoughtful posts this morning.

I'm back on IP 100% now that our vacation is over. A couple of pounds gained but overall I was happy and relaxed on this trip. We were in the country so I did nothing but relax, enjoy the fall colours and bake (for others), which I love to do and have missed since being on IP.

A small NSV at the end of our trip. I knew that I had gained a couple of pounds, could just feel it. We went to a clothing store where dh was looking for some boots. They also had women's clothes and just for fun, I went and looked. There was a cute sweater that I thought I'd try on (no intention of buying as I wanted to wait until I lost a bit more to buy clothes). Thinking it would never fit, I grabbed the large and it did. So I bought it!! Totally inspired me to keep on trucking on IP!

First weigh in tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll be back to my weight before I left. I hope there's a Christmas challenge as I'd like to see how much more I can lose before Christmas!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #25  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, it has gotten so cold, this is the time of year where I am always hungrier just because of the temperature! Time to really stay focused, one foot in front of the other, one day at a time! Happy November all !!!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #26  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Feeling darn good today!!!

I have a bachelorette party this evening!! No alcohol for me though as I've secretly been asked by the groom to take care of his bride because SHE will have PLENTY of drinks tonight, lol.

Today I'm wearing size 16 Diva cut jeans by old navy and a slim cut button down shirt I haven't worn in 4 years and 3 inch heels!!!! I feel so good!! I've been 100% OP since I got back from vacation and I honestly think this week I'll hit the 30lb mark (i hope, i hope).

I'm actually hungry now because I messed up my breakfast...I thought I grabbed a chocolate pancake package but it was chocolate pudding. I only added a small amount of water (to make a muffin) but the pudding clumped up (not very pudding-like). Oh well, it's almost lunch time.

Have a great day Lovelies!!!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #27  

Height: 5'2

Can't believe I made it through Halloween without one treat! I think **** just may have frozen over! This week has been crazy at work with so many treats coming in from patients and a pizza lunch yesterday. Managed to stay OP since starting 13 days ago. I have weigh in today and I think I'm down a couple pounds..?

Congrats to those IP'ers who also made it through Halloween!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Default Wi

Today was my WI, and I lost 3.8 lbs. I'm happy but wish it was more, but I won't be to down about it cuz I still lost something. I have lost 26lbs in 1 month, that's amazing😀😀😀
Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

I've lost weight but no inches, is that normal?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Just reading the late posts from yesterday's daily thread - some people mentioning Chef Verati in Regina - is he on a road trip? Where can you find the schedule? If he comes to Calgary I would love to go to see him.

Kathy
Ya he is in Regina on monday - not sure if there is a schedule? - I couldnt find anything online - maybe one of the clinics in Calgary would know?

Have fun on your Banff weekend!
We have our girls weekend this weekend too - we are going after work and I have my supper precooked to eat when they drive thru wherever and my IP food and dressing ready for the rest of the weekend
kinda sad that I wont be drinking - but hey - at least they will have a designated driver - and there is always next year!
Closed Thread