Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

The past week and a half has been really tough. I have been super hungry, and with the turning back of the clocks my body is all off. I thought I was hungry last week because I was coming down with a cold but unfortunately it carried over into this week.

I have eaten an extra packet and/or lettuce, which I usually don't eat because I wasn't hungry. Does anyone have any other suggestions about "safe" things to eat when you are more hungry than usual?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
The past week and a half has been really tough. I have been super hungry, and with the turning back of the clocks my body is all off. I thought I was hungry last week because I was coming down with a cold but unfortunately it carried over into this week.

I have eaten an extra packet and/or lettuce, which I usually don't eat because I wasn't hungry. Does anyone have any other suggestions about "safe" things to eat when you are more hungry than usual?
Try 2 egg whites or hot herbal tea.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 11-04-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

So....
Yesterday I was 10%. Lol. Was a bad bad day. Back in the saddle today. No looking back!
Shame on me. Heehee
Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Hope everyone had a good weekend! So hard to get through those hungry days...for those that pushed through and stayed on plan, how did you feel the day after?
One of the reasons I quit IP was I would have a really hungry day, but stay OP, then the following day I was not as hungry but I felt like a zombie - exhausted, weak, could not think clearly. To the point I was scared I was gonna do something really stupid or pass out while driving. My next really hungry day I ate some peanuts, felt great and had no impact to my weight loss. I researched hypoglycemia to see if that was my problem, but I don't know. My coach's suggestion was to eat LESS and is another reason I quit IP. Only 900 calories a day and I am starving and exhausted and you think eating LESS is the answer?
I know, I know, IP works and all these folks on here have had success. I just couldn't do it. When I was in PMS and my boobs hurt so bad I couldn't sleep, I just gave up. I am now doing Atkins, in the induction phase and doing well. The great thing about Atkins is on my hungry days I just eat more. It is hard to stay under 20 net carbs a day!
Once I have lost 15# I will go to phase 1 of Atkins which is very similar to IP, I think the carbs are the same (net under 40ish) but Atkins allows more calories, since food like eggs are not restricted. I still have a bunch of IP and alternative packets I can use then too.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #65  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All,

I am getting back on track today, has been a rough few weeks and have gained some weight back - soo getting back to the basics..everyone have a great day today!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Hi All,

I am getting back on track today, has been a rough few weeks and have gained some weight back - soo getting back to the basics..everyone have a great day today!
Right here with you!
We can do this!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
Right here with you!
We can do this!
<---gets out the POM-POMS and cheers us all on-----
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #68  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Hi All. Just checking in. Had my weigh in this morning and broke the 60 lb loss on IP mark (hit the 100 lb loss from highest ever weight last week). Whoo Hoo! My body loves this diet! And I've been a 90%-er pretty much since day 1 as I chose to exercise, and eat limited amounts of cheese and regular salad dressings. This is the first diet I've been on that I've lost weight every week. So crazy how that happens. Can't believe I'm in the 220's now...I don't remember ever being in the 220's! Hope the rest of you have a great Tuesday!

Last edited by Meeshellee; 11-05-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Hi All. Just checking in. Had my weigh in this morning and broke the 60 lb loss on IP mark (hit the 100 lb loss from highest ever weight last week). Whoo Hoo! My body loves this diet! And I've been a 90%-er pretty much since day 1 as I chose to exercise, and eat limited amounts of cheese and regular salad dressings. This is the first diet I've been on that I've lost weight every week. So crazy how that happens. Can't believe I'm in the 220's now...I don't remember ever being in the 220's! Hope the rest of you have a great Tuesday!
Way to GO Girl Friend you are kickin butt as a 90%er
Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #70  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Way to GO Girl Friend you are kickin butt as a 90%er
Thank you! Looking forward to my next dr appt.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #71  

Quote:
Woohoo - well done Meeshellee!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #72  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Woohoo - well done Meeshellee!
Thank you!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #73  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Congratulations! WTG!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #74  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hey all. Been pretty good about being 100% the last few days but only because I've prepared my lunch before leaving for work. And then I'm so busy I don't have time to stray. Did a pre weigh in check and it looks likes it's a whoosh week. Not counting my chickens yet tho!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #75  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm struggling. I do extremely well about 85-90% of the time. I feel like the little girl in the nursery rhyme:

There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good, she was very, very good
But when she was bad, she was horrid

The horrid days are keeping my weight at a standstill.

I'm not trying to have horrid days, but about 6-8 days a month (usually straddling pms/tom) I am RAVENOUS.

I can usually white-knuckle it through a few of those days, which still leaves me with 3-4 out-of-control days per month (more lately as I'm perimenopausal and my periods are more severe and closer together).

It shouldn't be possible to undo 27 days of hard work (perfection even) in 3 days, but it isn't only possible it's the story of my life.

Birth control was helping tremendously (and there's no way I would have lost 100 lbs without it), but my insurance no longer covers the type of bc that worked best and with perimenopause it's becoming a rougher ride than usual.

Hubby's started calling me werewolf again, and I literally would consider being locked up for "meat week" as hubby and I call it, because of the red meat cravings (though I also crave fat and sugar ).

If there were only affordable options for medically supervised food addiction programs as there are for drug and alcohol addictions. I would love to be able to check myself into a "halfway house" 3-5 days a month.

There aren't, so I have to find a way to do this myself, but this hormonal hunger is insane. No matter what I try to do to distract myself, all I can think about is food and how hungry I am.

Somehow, I need to get my percentages up, because 85-90% isn't cutting it. I may never be able to sustain 100%, but I've got to find a way to get closer.

Last edited by kaplods; 11-06-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Closed Thread