3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289219-home-90%25-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-2-a.html)

Wahoofan 11-01-2013 03:14 PM

I do get all my veggies, salt, and water in. Most days I have to hold back from eating too many veggies.

So random hunger is normal in ketosis for some people? Everything has been going so well that I was caught off guard by my stomach growling today. I haven't had any real hunger (just emotional) and no cravings. None of the Halloween candy is tempting. But even after eating my lunch (chicken soup and 2 cups of broccoli) my stomach is still growling.

I guess I'll have another cup of water and a second cup of hot tea and hope it helps.

sarahBell 11-01-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahoofan (Post 4874822)
I do get all my veggies, salt, and water in. Most days I have to hold back from eating too many veggies.

So random hunger is normal in ketosis for some people? Everything has been going so well that I was caught off guard by my stomach growling today. I haven't had any real hunger (just emotional) and no cravings. None of the Halloween candy is tempting. But even after eating my lunch (chicken soup and 2 cups of broccoli) my stomach is still growling.

I guess I'll have another cup of water and a second cup of hot tea and hope it helps.

Honestly chew gum it doe help. I think our stomach get to a point as does our mouths that there needs to be constant munching happening, maybe your tummy is protesting?
Also you can have a 4th packet if need be I think ?

WillowVee 11-01-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahoofan (Post 4874822)

I'm 152 days in (yes, I'm Type A and I count :) ) and just this past week I had 3 days of hunger/growling stomach. I couldn't believe it! I was still in ketosis (peed on the stick) and hadn't done anything differently. I came to conclusion that our bodies work in mysterious ways and I should bask in the wonder of my physiology. Well, maybe not that...but it did get better! Hang in there.

Meeshellee 11-01-2013 03:45 PM

Hi All. Just checking in on my favorite board.

Having a hard time with cravings over the last couple days. First time I've had this issue since starting IP. Yesterday at lunch I went to a salad bar and did have some cheese, regular salad dressing, and cottage cheese; then had some turkey pepperoni and lowfat cheese for dinner, also had a diet soda when I went to the bar with friends (stayed away from the alcohol though). Too many cheats in a day, that's for sure...gained about 2 lbs in 1 day. But I did stay away from all of the Halloween goodies that surrounded me this time of year.

Today, I was so hungry around 10 a.m....so I had my IP Brownie that was supposed to be part of my lunch. Now it's lunchtime, so I had my 2 cups of spinach, but really I wanted to go back to the salad bar (knowing I wouldn't have the willpower to say no to the regular salad dressing and cheese). Luckily I didn't give in to that craving and just ate my spinach. Not sure where these cravings are coming from all of a sudden. Not TOM yet. So I will keep chugging water and maybe try some apple/cinnamon tea. Also, went for a 2.5 mile walk this morning. Not enough exercise where I would justify another packet, but I do have a pina colada drink mix in my drawer that I may rip into if I cant get rid of this hunger.

I'm thinking I'll try to white-knuckle it through a couple days of being 100% OP and see if that helps with the cravings.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.

sarahBell 11-01-2013 03:54 PM

I woke up 4lbs lighter today :) I was pretty dang happy with that, esp since I did have an iced coffee this week!

jordanna 11-01-2013 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=jmanovich;4874335]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 4874322)

How come you boil the wings in this recipe? Just curious!

It helps boil out some of the fat, and start cooking the wings. I have tried it both ways and the wings come out much more delicious & crispy when I boil them :)

sarahBell 11-01-2013 04:06 PM

I love your glasses!!!

Wahoofan 11-01-2013 09:11 PM

Seems like lots of people found today hard. I'm seriously wondering if the body does release insulin just smelling stuff. Could all the candy around us be affecting us even without eating it?

It's 9pm and I've had dinner and another extra packet. I figure 200 extra protein calories won't hurt me as much as eating something high-carb off plan would.

If I weren't babysitting my adorable nephew I would just go to bed to avoid any more temptation today.

nolasmurf 11-02-2013 01:37 PM

Hi All, I managed to stay 100% yesterday. I might have overdone the coffee tho! LOL :dizzy:
Ah well! Here's to hoping everyone has a wonderful OP weekend.

sarahBell 11-02-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahoofan (Post 4874965)
Seems like lots of people found today hard. I'm seriously wondering if the body does release insulin just smelling stuff. Could all the candy around us be affecting us even without eating it?

It's 9pm and I've had dinner and another extra packet. I figure 200 extra protein calories won't hurt me as much as eating something high-carb off plan would.

If I weren't babysitting my adorable nephew I would just go to bed to avoid any more temptation today.

It must me the time of year, the start constellations are all in line, the gravitational pull of the moon is just right and the red sox won= serious cravings and hunger ROFL!

nolasmurf 11-03-2013 09:05 AM

Well that extra hour of sleep was nice ;) I managed to sneak myRTD drink and the caramel nut bar into the basketball game but resisting the wings was tough! I had about 4 plain wings, so that on top of a big amc in a bowl for pinch and I over ate. :(

sarahBell 11-03-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4875793)
Well that extra hour of sleep was nice ;) I managed to sneak myRTD drink and the caramel nut bar into the basketball game but resisting the wings was tough! I had about 4 plain wings, so that on top of a big amc in a bowl for pinch and I over ate. :(

Congrats on getting your stuff into the game :)

I still have a stupid headache today. Oh well life goes on :)

The extra hour of sleep was good that is for sure :0

Today we finish moving out all the boxes out of storage and the couches and stuff this week :) We can have our lives back LOL. I did have a RTD dark chocolate shake this YUMMO! Yesterday was a little challenging for me bUT I survived.

Have a great sunday!

nolasmurf 11-03-2013 06:23 PM

I am soooo sleepy today! The last few days have been very hectic here at work. I don't even know how to explain! :dizzy:

Been pretty OP today. went for sushi at lunch, and I love our little sushi place they know now how to prepare my stuff with me even asking! They load me up with spinach and cucumber with everything. Today they had some awesome fresh asparagus and the waiter came over to ask if I could have it before he had them plate it up. He make me a "roll" but with out a wrapper. I get tuna, cucumber, spinach and spring mix in a bowl with a tiny bit of wasabi on the side. Today I had a little bit of the ginger dressing on the side. I guess I could have the Soy wrapper as it only has 2 carbs but it's kind of sticky and I don't like that.

Sunflower40 11-03-2013 06:42 PM

10cm of cold, wet snow fell this weekend and all I want to do is eat!!
this weather makes it harder to stay OP

staceyjblack 11-03-2013 10:30 PM

Well, I found a new trigger today.... I made dulce de leche in my crockpot to bring in to work with sliced apples and licked an entire spatula... And then went back for more. Ugh. Tomorrow is a new day!!!!