Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #526  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

My 10% - not enough oil and not taking supplements regularly. Just read the info on supplements, I'm digging out my vitamin organizer and will get on track! Can I just swallow the oil directly if I don't get it in?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #527  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
My 10% - not enough oil and not taking supplements regularly. Just read the info on supplements, I'm digging out my vitamin organizer and will get on track! Can I just swallow the oil directly if I don't get it in?
Yes. Or add it to a smoothie. I do this frequently. Even tho we're burning fat, the body needs dietary fat to function correctly.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #528  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm back for my second go round on IP. I originally lost 30 lbs in 3 months, then went to a low carb diet and kept most of the weight off. But we recently bought a new house and with all the long days/late nights painting, packing, cleaning, moving, etc...we started just eating whatever was convenient. Needless to say, convenience foods are not low carb! LOL! So I'm back.
I've been reading every post back to the beginning of this thread and I was really excited to find a place for me here. I don't have cheats but I do use some seasoning type stuff, sauces and such that are not 100% OP and in the past have been reprimanded for using them (or maybe just for posting it on the daily thread). I don't post on the 100% thread and I had stopped reading it because of the feeling that many of you here have expressed. It does kinda bum me out seeing that the 100% people are not only coming to this thread and reading/commenting; but then also going back to their thread and discussing what people are posting here.
I hope to find support and share my experiences here without the reprimands...(if comments are made in that other thread, it won't bother me since I won't be going to their thread anyways! LOL)
It's good to have a safe place to express ourselves! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by mrskuby; 06-03-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #529  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
I'm back for my second go round on IP. <snip>
I've been reading every post back to the beginning of this thread and I was really excited to find a place for me here. I don't have cheats but I do use some seasoning type stuff, sauces and such that are not 100% OP and in the past have been reprimanded for using them (or maybe just for posting it on the daily thread). I've never posted on the 100% thread and I had stopped reading it because of the feeling that many of you here have expressed. It does kinda bum me out seeing that the 100% people are not only coming to this thread and reading/commenting; but then also going back to their thread and discussing what people are posting here.
I hope to find support and share my experiences here without the reprimands...(if comments are made in that other thread, it won't bother me since I won't be going to their thread anyways! LOL)
It's good to have a safe place to express ourselves! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Hi mrskuby, hope your restart is off to a good start! I hear ya. I like to think the 100% folks are commenting here to lend support, but I agree with you on the going back to other threads to comment.

However, I don't think it has happened recently, so hopefully we are one big happy forum now, where folks of all persuasions can peacefully co-exist.

Last edited by lycheetea; 06-03-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #530  
IP start date 12/12/12

That's good to hear! This def sounds like a great group! Glad to have found you all!

Starting over sucks but I know this works so I will push through and get to the finish! DH is super supportive, even though he is naturally skinny. He'll eat just about anything I cook without complaint. Once in a while he'll ask me to cook him a side like pasta or potatoes but I can handle that.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheetea View Post
Hi mrskuby, hope your restart is off to a good start! I hear ya. I like to think the 100% folks are commenting here to lend support, but I agree with you on the going back to other threads to comment.

However, I don't think it has happened recently, so hopefully we are one big happy forum now, where folks of all persuasions can peacefully co-exist.
That is where we need a "LIKE" button - thank you for you comment.

Many of us have been both way below 90%, 90%, 100% and read all threads for whatever support and information we can find. In the 10 months I have been doing this, I have been all the way off the program to strenuously pursuing 100% because that is where I do best.

My point of view is that we all need each other. Sometimes words on a page do not carry as well as face to face conversations, but since we are never going to have that, let us all work towards the idea of 'consider the intent'.

The less talk there is of "us" and "them", I think, the better we can help each other...as fallible feeling human beings!

Last edited by schenectady; 06-03-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #532  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
That's good to hear! This def sounds like a great group! Glad to have found you all!

Starting over sucks but I know this works so I will push through and get to the finish! DH is super supportive, even though he is naturally skinny. He'll eat just about anything I cook without complaint. Once in a while he'll ask me to cook him a side like pasta or potatoes but I can handle that.
I try to plan meals that can work for everyone as much as possible but quite often I have to cook differently. Tonight I ordered them pizza. It looked so good but I made chili for myself and it has a huge comfort food quality to it so I am satisfied and happy I only had to cook for myself!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #533  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I do post on both. I try to be 100%. But I am not great with my salt. I sometimes forget my supplements. I use Worcestershire on occasion....I sometime have 9 oz of meat protein. So I can't say I have never cheated but I have managed to not stray to having sweets or unallowed veggies

I'm not going to judge anyone who chooses to be 90%. You are being honest with yourself. It is your journey and we all realize it may take longer if we are not 100% but for some people, they would rather quit than be 100%.

I will respect the 100% group by not discussing a slip on their thread. I think most 90% people are really trying to be more than that too.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #534  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I try to plan meals that can work for everyone as much as possible but quite often I have to cook differently. Tonight I ordered them pizza. It looked so good but I made chili for myself and it has a huge comfort food quality to it so I am satisfied and happy I only had to cook for myself!
Super that you were able to modify and still be happy with what you had to eat. Unfortunately these are instances we need to learn to plan around since they will occur over and over.

My years with the kids at home were full of justifications for why I should/could eat something less than healthy for me. Not only was that a less than ideal role model for them, it packed in the pounds in a way I never could have imagined.

I realize that this is a life long war. Last night was a little battle and ChipnDip you won your battle!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #535  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I am having a hard week. We are getting ready to move and I am stressed out like there is no tomorrow! I just to chillax a bit and breathe and take a step back!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #536  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am having a hard week. We are getting ready to move and I am stressed out like there is no tomorrow! I just to chillax a bit and breathe and take a step back!
I just finished moving too and it is really stressful! I was off the program before I started moving and packed on the pounds due to convenience foods. Hang in there and try to have plenty of quick OP foods handy!

I re-started on Monday morning and I am already down 4 lbs! I know it's water weight but at least I'm not carrying it around anymore!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #537  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
sarahbell - we moved two months ago after 14 years in one house and 25 years in the same community. STRESS. The only good thing was that in packing we did not take any food that was non IP. We gave away everything else we had.

Not so easy for you because you have kids but it did make the transition easier. My husband started his own version of IP in the new house. He has lost 29 pounds in the two months.

Hang in there, find ways to treat or pamper yourself if you can. We are all behind you.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #538  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Oops . . . This thread exceeds the magic maximum of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start the new thread?

ETA: Go to Volume 3 - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...olume-3-a.html

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 06-06-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread