Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Does anyone want to start keeping each other accountable? I started back on IP today. Story: Started IP Sept of 2013, 6 weeks lost 15 pounds. Quit, now up to 240 and need to lose at least 60 pounds.
I do not have a coach (part of the reason I quit - I felt horrible and hungry and faint, her suggestion was eat LESS). I am using some IP, some Proti-diet and as much "real" food as possible. I do not even try to be 100% OP, but have specific off-plan items I plan to use. Example: I use half and half in my coffee and I use real salad dressing, with no sugar. I do try to go very light on the salad dressing, and I count it as my oil. The other off-plan item is I eat more protein, usually split between lunch and dinner. Today I had 5 oz chicken with lunch and for dinner I am having 4 oz of fish. I am only doing one restricted a day, and only eating the meats/veggies on the list.

Anyway, I was wondering if any other 90%-er's wanted to help me stay accountable - be the person I weigh in with each week and who I 'fess up to when I fail. I would do the same for my accounta-buddy.
Either by PM or email is fine.

Karen

Last edited by kcandponies; 05-12-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #482  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well I'm shunned from the 100%ers, after 12.75 weeks at 100% op, a nervous breakdown on Wednesday led me to have a few drinks on Friday. That is all. I don't regret it. I don't feel bad, there is no deeper reason why I chose to have a few drinks. I didn't binge, I didn't get wasted. I went out with friends and enjoyed about 4 drinks over 6 hours and had the best time I've had in months. Now I'm back OP. I do suddenly feel however that this forum was much more supportive when I was 100% can't really explain why but it's all good. Happy Monday
I'm sorry you felt shunned. I honestly think that learning to get back on plan without hesitation is one of the most important skills a person can and should learn from any weight loss program. Life is never 100% on plan. You've gotta make this work for you.

Last edited by shelflife; 05-12-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Does anyone want to start keeping each other accountable? I started back on IP today. Story: Started IP Sept of 2013, 6 weeks lost 15 pounds. Quit, now up to 240 and need to lose at least 60 pounds.
I do not have a coach (part of the reason I quit - I felt horrible and hungry and faint, her suggestion was eat LESS). I am using some IP, some Proti-diet and as much "real" food as possible. I do not even try to be 100% OP, but have specific off-plan items I plan to use. Example: I use half and half in my coffee and I use real salad dressing, with no sugar. I do try to go very light on the salad dressing, and I count it as my oil. The other off-plan item is I eat more protein, usually split between lunch and dinner. Today I had 5 oz chicken with lunch and for dinner I am having 4 oz of fish. I am only doing one restricted a day, and only eating the meats/veggies on the list.

Anyway, I was wondering if any other 90%-er's wanted to help me stay accountable - be the person I weigh in with each week and who I 'fess up to when I fail. I would do the same for my accounta-buddy.

Karen
ME ME ME!!! I need some support. finally someone who understands how flippin hard it is alone

I use fat free half and half in my iced coffee
Old 05-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #484  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post

Karen
It sounds like you're doing something similar to Dr. Tien's phase I protocol II program. Good luck -- we're here for you!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #485  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
AmberLS - It makes me sad to realize that you feel shunned when not 100%. I have walked through your journey with you and was so proud of you with decisions you have made. It is a learning experience, this journey, and some of us detour along the way for a myriad of reasons.

I have been on the program 10 months and I have "fallen off" several times during some stressful times. I have not felt shunned by anyone and some times, others have sent PM messages to support me and ask if there was anything they could help with.

Please hang in here with all of us because it really is important to have support. Whether you are 100%OP or not, we are all in this together and I know that many have watched you through the process with pride and joy for your successes - does not mean they are any the less understanding of challenges.
Thanks you! I am feeling much better. I have received a lot of messages.. I just want everyone to know it was an internal thing, it wasn't anything anyone said or did! I am notorious for being extremely hard on myself! I love this group and I am jumping back on the 100% OP bandwagon as fast as I fell off. I have 3-5 more months on this plan there's no stopping me and after that it's celebrate and buy a whole new ward robe. As much as I hate to say I needed that day I honestly think I did. Not like needed I was going to die, but mental health is important and in my world right now there is a lot of stress. I didn't sit home and eat gummy bears and potato chips, I didn't eat off plan so to speak, I didn't gorge myself. I've clearly already made and am making better life choices. I think I was shunning myself lol.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thanks you! I am feeling much better. I have received a lot of messages.. I just want everyone to know it was an internal thing, it wasn't anything anyone said or did! I am notorious for being extremely hard on myself! I love this group and I am jumping back on the 100% OP bandwagon as fast as I fell off. I have 3-5 more months on this plan there's no stopping me and after that it's celebrate and buy a whole new ward robe. As much as I hate to say I needed that day I honestly think I did. Not like needed I was going to die, but mental health is important and in my world right now there is a lot of stress. I didn't sit home and eat gummy bears and potato chips, I didn't eat off plan so to speak, I didn't gorge myself. I've clearly already made and am making better life choices. I think I was shunning myself lol.
So GLAD to hear this... You are NOT shunned from the 100% thread. Just keeping it free of descriptions of cheats, but plenty of 100%ers can and do have their moments. Definitely stick with it and with all of us on all the threads you want!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
AmberLS - your determination is admirable and I think we all see your strength of purpose.

Falling off the program is something that happens, not to all, but it does. I have been there and still I am challenged every week to stay 100% OP. I am not always successful but I do make the determination every day to make my goal 100%.

However the falling off goes, whether it is alcohol or gummy bears, the emotions are probably pretty similar and so is the 'cure' - get back on as fast and solid as possible.

You have a goal and you are doing really well working towards it. You have great support here from all sorts of different people with all sorts of different beliefs. We are all in this together.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
One cheat day in 3 months is not that bad... I'm still kicking myself for the one I had a week ago but I agree with you, the day was needed! It's not easy to be 100% all the time. Congrats on getting back on the horse!
Old 05-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #489  

I am doing great today. I am at abt 97% which is better than being at -0.0000000% for 3 weeks when I started to get burned out! I am TRYING hard to get back to where I was losing weight not flipping gaining it (I am up 6lbs in a month )
Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #490  

S/C/G: pre IP 173/IP 166/150/145

Height: 5'6"

bump
Old 05-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #491  

bump
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #492  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

I am finally ready to get back on. As I said before this diet would always make me sick. I figure out it was really the whey shakes I was drinking. People say whey is good for the lactose intolerant, but that's not my case.

So I went on a 21 day vegan cleanse starting with a juice fast. I liked it a lot. My skin as nicer and I felt so good. I want to continue on IP, because it's a plug-in diet. I'm going to try to use all vegan protein this time and see how it goes. Since my dinner protein will have some carbs I'll be 90%.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #493  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
I am finally ready to get back on. As I said before this diet would always make me sick. I figure out it was really the whey shakes I was drinking. People say whey is good for the lactose intolerant, but that's not my case.

So I went on a 21 day vegan cleanse starting with a juice fast. I liked it a lot. My skin as nicer and I felt so good. I want to continue on IP, because it's a plug-in diet. I'm going to try to use all vegan protein this time and see how it goes. Since my dinner protein will have some carbs I'll be 90%.
Welcome back and good luck! I hope you find your stlye and comfort zone

Today was rough for me tomorrow I will hopefully bounce back
Old 05-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post

Are you saying your dinner protein will have carbs because you are eating vegetarian? If so, there is a sheet that shows IP compliant vegetarian options (such as veggie burgers, etc) and even lists brands to look for. You are still 100% IP if you are following the P1 sheet using vegetarian options.

I suggest posting in the Daily Chat thread to see who has a copy of this sheet for vegetarians... I am sure someone can come up with it!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:08 AM   #495  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Thanks saraBell. JLUS. I check it out. I never knew there was a vegetarian sheet, probably because I wasn't looking for it. Thanks.
Closed Thread