Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

This weekend was bad, I had a jelly bean utopia in my house and other not IP friendly stuff. BUT tomorrow is a new day. We went to restaurant depot and bout some beef and chicken, fully stocked freezer and a full fridge of veggies I am SET! I have to be true to myself ( I sound like a broken record, so maybe one day I can do as I say)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 244.4/238.6/165 dtd 3/3

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
This weekend was bad, I had a jelly bean utopia in my house and other not IP friendly stuff. BUT tomorrow is a new day. We went to restaurant depot and bout some beef and chicken, fully stocked freezer and a full fridge of veggies I am SET! I have to be true to myself ( I sound like a broken record, so maybe one day I can do as I say)
I am trying to get back on track after a plateau..
had lost 19 lbs in the 1st 20 days... and then from day 21 to 34( 2 weeks), I was plateauing. and now i have started to drop again...not sure if others had this kind of a plateau... did cheat a little though.. very little.. but is that what causes it..?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #453  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Desi_Guy View Post
had lost 19 lbs in the 1st 20 days... and then from day 21 to 34( 2 weeks), I was plateauing. and now i have started to drop again...not sure if others had this kind of a plateau... did cheat a little though.. very little.. but is that what causes it..?
A true plateau is several weeks with no movement in the scale or in inches. Most people have a slow down around week 3 or 4 as as the body catches up to the loss.

I think you probably hit the normal slow down. Nothing to panic about.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
I got back on track sunday for the most part (94%) and dropped 4 lbs . I made an amazing full grilled dinner last night!!! Marinated chicken, zucchini, home made dressing and salad. I am still full this AM LOL.

I did gain .7 lbs from yesterday because we ate a little later (after 6pm) so today I have so much left over chicken I am going to have it in the afternoon and 2 c of veggies for dinner later.

But keep up the good work!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 244.4/238.6/165 dtd 3/3

Height: 5'3

Thank you both Ruth/ Sarah Bell...
I will grit it thru the re-start process and get back to losing weight !
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #456  
No where to go but up

S/C/G: 235/235/145

Height: 5.4

From all I've read here its a journey. I just got all my material and ready to start. One. Day. At. A. Time!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 152/144/105

Height: 5'0

Two weeks into restarting..11 pounds down..Last night i shoved two spoonfuls of peanut butter into my mouth.. Afterwards i was in a complete panic. but tested today, still in ketosis and no weight gain.. Guess it couldve been worse? Atleast theres protein in it.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #458  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I always think of "The Biggest Loser" show -- there are set weeks the professionals KNOW contestants will not have good weight loss. If those people, with Bob and Jillian yelling at them, doing work outs in a gym for 8 hours, have weeks with "bad numbers" that they can predict, then part of the "science" of this diet is remember to allow for adjust time and not panic when the numbers don't move as quickly as we'd like
Old 04-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #459  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
... Using the excuse "i'm not eating wheat to expalin why i am avoiding all the food offerings" That seems to be easily accepted these days and doesn't provike the "are you on a diet?" questions.
Gluten Free is all the rage these days so not eating wheat is no longer an eyebrow raising event. I loved reading the Wheat Belly books for giving me an insight into how our food has changed and what it's doing to us. My biggest eye opener however is to see the health improvements in someone I know who cut out wheat and now takes way less medication for various issues. She is in a lot less pain and feels great for the first time in 40 years! I'm sure my "post" IP plan should probably look at sticking with eliminating wheat for good.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #460  
Diane on track July 2014

Confession: my restart date will be Monday. We have a house load of people that just arrived who have health issues that I'm cooking for already. My son is having a birthday and it's Easter. "There's no time like the present" so I plan to be as OP as possible but I'm not going to stress about being 100% until Monday when the quiet returns. However, I did not buy a ton of Easter chocolates this year. My plan is to put $$ into the little eggs ( a few nickels, pennies, dimes) By the time the kids find all the "loot" they may have a few bucks to spend -- which is way less that I would have spent on chocolate! I bought a few "toys" to put in some of the eggs as well. For their big surprise they are getting a game. Not many calories for me to gnaw on in that plan!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hi,*
It's my second time around on IP. Last time , I didn't phase off properly and du to a lot of stress, I gained everything back and some more! So now I'm back for round 2. The first 3 dadidn't lose and was 100% OP, so on the fourth day I had a tbsp of pb then I lost 2.5 pounds. But then the cravings got bigger. And now, I can't stop :-( my last coach told me that if I wanted to cheat pb was the best option, so I can't get it out of my head! Everything else is perfect, except the stupid pb! Any advice?

My kidneys hurt all the time... is it normal?*

Thanks for your time*
Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath138 View Post
Hi,*
It's my second time around on IP. Last time , I didn't phase off properly and du to a lot of stress, I gained everything back and some more! So now I'm back for round 2. The first 3 dadidn't lose and was 100% OP, so on the fourth day I had a tbsp of pb then I lost 2.5 pounds. But then the cravings got bigger. And now, I can't stop :-( my last coach told me that if I wanted to cheat pb was the best option, so I can't get it out of my head! Everything else is perfect, except the stupid pb! Any advice?

My kidneys hurt all the time... is it normal?*

Thanks for your time*
OK, I know that I may not be popular by saying this, however, it is based only on my own experience.

If peanut butter is causing recurring issues, get rid of it. One off, it may help you and your coach says it is OK, but...

Cravings are an issue and one that needs to be faced by figuring out alternatives for craving. I have found that for me craving is largely an emotional issue and if the weight issue is going to be dealt with on a long term, permanent solution, it is important to develop an 'emergency' plan for sidetracking cravings.

Habits are hard to develop and hard to break - I think Dr. Phil says something like you have to change a bad habit with something new over 20 times for it to be eradicated. I think IP is like that - you have to repeat and repeat the best behaviors so that it becomes second nature to you.

Good luck - fingers crossed that you can beat pb!

Last edited by schenectady; 04-23-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #463  

It is not normal for kidneys to be hurting.
are you drinking your water??
If your kidneys are hurting -I would see your doctor. JMHO YMMV.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #464  

Default i want a glass of wine

I am struggling a little I so want a glass of wine. I am two weeks in and have lost 3 pounds my first week have not weighed in for my 2nd week yet. However I want to have a glass of wine. Will it ruin my loss if I do?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Default Help!!

Well I have officially screwed up......

I have been on a two day carb binge, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

I am so mad at myself....I've had everything from donuts to pizza - I know I've gained at least 3-5 pounds in the last two days. Have had 3 sodas!

I have been on this program for so long, why now?! I don't even know what triggered it.

All I know to do is get back on track tomorrow, and don't turn back. This is ALWAYS how my weight has come back!!

Someone HELP!! This cannot be happening again!!

Closed Thread