Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #31  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am trying to find the recipe for the bread made from the potato puree packet? I searched thread #4 and cannot find it

Anyone have it?
Flatbread:
Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of baking powder

I add garlic powder and different seasonings to taste.

Spread out in pyrex and bake for about 20 mins at 350
Be sure to spray your dish/pan well!
Some even suggest just baking on wax paper to avoid sticking
Old 10-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Flatbread:
Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of baking powder

I add garlic powder and different seasonings to taste.

Spread out in pyrex and bake for about 20 mins at 350
Be sure to spray your dish/pan well!
Some even suggest just baking on wax paper to avoid sticking
You are a peach thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! I am going to make mine with garlic and have it with my taco meat and veggies!!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #33  
IP start date 8/1/2013

UGH Today I have been a starving raving hippo! I don't know why...... I slipped and had a Hersey kiss and two mini tootsie rolls. Still hungry. Drinking some black coffee now hoping to subside the hunger.

Breakfast :
cup of coffee with EAS French vanilla (1 oz)
1 splenda
EAS Chocolate Fudge RTD mixed with Spinch (1 CUP)

Lunch:
2 3 oz grilled chicken strips
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup green pepper
walden farms ranch

snack
cup of coffee

Dinner
EAS Chocolate Fudge
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
Proti Thin Chocolate Peanut butter bar
Old 10-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #34  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
UGH Today I have been a starving raving hippo! I don't know why...... I slipped and had a Hersey kiss and two mini tootsie rolls. Still hungry. Drinking some black coffee now hoping to subside the hunger.

Breakfast :
cup of coffee with EAS French vanilla (1 oz)
1 splenda
EAS Chocolate Fudge RTD mixed with Spinch (1 CUP)

Lunch:
2 3 oz grilled chicken strips
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup green pepper
walden farms ranch

snack
cup of coffee

Dinner
EAS Chocolate Fudge
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
Proti Thin Chocolate Peanut butter bar
Nola, what about eating more lettuce? It's unlimited and great filler.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #35  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Ktgrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Yes!! Yes yes yes!! I know this is what I need to do, I just am not sure how to get there. I start out with good intentions, but I'm thinking I need to get a little more strict with myself for a bit. Measure, weigh (I guess I have to buy a scale for that... poo), and plan. Label my packets, have everything together, and be good. I am often able to just stick with it because I've got a basic plan - Breakfast is an EAS shake, Lunch is Proti-diet chicken noodle with broccoli on the side, Dinner is most often something I've already planned that pretty much plan compliant, snacks are easy, just another packet of something or a bar. But then, there are days like today, when I say F*** it all, and just want to comfort myself with food. Though, it never ends up feeling that comforting, I tend to feel slightly sick and sad, and it's just... bad news.
Relax. Breathe. How about you just commit to one full OP day at a time? Buy you lettuce and cut it up all at once and portion it out into Tupperware so you can at least grab and go? When you get a glass of water, drink a full glass or two at the sink and then fill it again and go do what you were going to do? Take one day or even one meal at a time.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #36  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Nola, what about eating more lettuce? It's unlimited and great filler.
I normally do but the salad bar at work was really skimpy today. Its been a crazy week and i havent been to the store. Headig there 1st thing tomorrow, tho. I've got to get better about bringing a salad to work.

Last edited by nolasmurf; 10-31-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #37  

[QUOTE=ems70508;4873841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

What is the reason to only have occasionally? I mean, not that I'm going to have them every night but is it because it's a darker meat and not the breast? Nothing at the recipe screams occasional to IP. Seems to be OP.
A couple reasons - most "hot sauces" including franks are super high in sodium and the wings are fatty & include the skin
Old 11-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #38  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

[QUOTE=jordanna;4874322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post

A couple reasons - most "hot sauces" including franks are super high in sodium and the wings are fatty & include the skin
How come you boil the wings in this recipe? Just curious!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Default eggs

Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #40  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
Go for it. I'm sure I've read elsewhere in the IP threads that 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is the equivalent of an IP omelette packet.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Relax. Breathe. How about you just commit to one full OP day at a time? Buy you lettuce and cut it up all at once and portion it out into Tupperware so you can at least grab and go? When you get a glass of water, drink a full glass or two at the sink and then fill it again and go do what you were going to do? Take one day or even one meal at a time.
Big hugs to you lady!! Thank you!!! I'm committing to staying as true to plan for the rest of the weekend as I can, and aiming for 100% starting Monday, one meal, one moment at a time. These are great ideas, and I think I'm going to start pre-packing salad for the week to help fill myself up a little more. I'm hoping it won't be too terrible re-starting, but if it is, I'm going to be here posting, and looking to my gals for support. You guys ROCK!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Go for it. I'm sure I've read elsewhere in the IP threads that 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is the equivalent of an IP omelette packet.
Yup!! You sure can, we have breakfast for dinner once a week (my fav night!) and have eggs and turkey bacon (not plan, but not a terrible "cheat".) Here's the breakdown I've seen in the past:

Eggs – So if I read my data correctly, I can have 4 whole eggs PLUS 2 egg whites which equals ONE 8oz “meat” serving?
yes.
Additionally, to sub for an omelette packet, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites
Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Today marks 6 complete weeks on IP. I am completely OP with the exception of some added fat. At my 5 week WI in was down 30 lbs and am thrilled.

Normally I have my breakfast shake at 9am when I get to work. Yesterday it was 11 am before I was even slightly hungry. I had a vanilla RTD at 11, 2 oz grilled chicken on spinach and greens salad with bottled Italian dressing (1 gram carb per serving and I use less than one full serving) at 1:30, half an orange dream at 4, a chocolate RTD at 6, and 4 oz chicken sauteed in coconut oil with 1 cup of cauliflower rice (the weight is similar to 2 cups of florets) sauteed in butter at 9pm. I had 9 cups of water throughout the day.

I can't find anything wrong with what I ate yesterday and yet today I am COMPLETELY starving. Stomach growling starving. I've had 8 cups of water already today, a chocolate RTD at 8:30, a vanilla RTD when the growling started at 11, a cup of hot tea, and now I'm working on my chicken soup blended with 2 cups of broccoli.

Do other people just get randomly hungry? So far while in ketosis my stomach has not growled once, until today. It isn't TOM.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have learned so much from all of you lurking here the past 6 weeks.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #44  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Today marks 6 complete weeks on IP. I am completely OP with the exception of some added fat. At my 5 week WI in was down 30 lbs and am thrilled.

Normally I have my breakfast shake at 9am when I get to work. Yesterday it was 11 am before I was even slightly hungry. I had a vanilla RTD at 11, 2 oz grilled chicken on spinach and greens salad with bottled Italian dressing (1 gram carb per serving and I use less than one full serving) at 1:30, half an orange dream at 4, a chocolate RTD at 6, and 4 oz chicken sauteed in coconut oil with 1 cup of cauliflower rice (the weight is similar to 2 cups of florets) sauteed in butter at 9pm. I had 9 cups of water throughout the day.

I can't find anything wrong with what I ate yesterday and yet today I am COMPLETELY starving. Stomach growling starving. I've had 8 cups of water already today, a chocolate RTD at 8:30, a vanilla RTD when the growling started at 11, a cup of hot tea, and now I'm working on my chicken soup blended with 2 cups of broccoli.

Do other people just get randomly hungry? So far while in ketosis my stomach has not growled once, until today. It isn't TOM.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have learned so much from all of you lurking here the past 6 weeks.
are you getting in the 4 cups of veggies? I nibble on cucumbers, green peppers, and raw broccoli throughout the day. And remember Lettuce is a freebie! You can eat more than one green salad a day.

I was like that yesterday so I'm trying to abate it by having a salad for both lunch and dinner. Good luck to you!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
are you getting in the 4 cups of veggies? I nibble on cucumbers, green peppers, and raw broccoli throughout the day. And remember Lettuce is a freebie! You can eat more than one green salad a day.

I was like that yesterday so I'm trying to abate it by having a salad for both lunch and dinner. Good luck to you!
I second what nola said!!!

I do have green peppers sliced and measured out esp more so if I wake so starved I could eat the comforter them move on the carpet with out blinking!

BUT di chew some extra sugar free dessert gum, it helps as does peppermint tea

have those days more than I like,. today I am going on day 6 of a migraine that has bee coming off and on for a week My salt and water are good it is one of the joys of being the glorious ME .

But you are doing great, your loss is amazing and I bet you look and feel like a million dollars too (as do all my fellow IPers) I am hoping to be 100% for the rest of my journey to drop all the fat

hang in there!
Closed Thread