3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am trying to find the recipe for the bread made from the potato puree packet? I searched thread #4 and cannot find it

Anyone have it?
Flatbread:
Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of baking powder

I add garlic powder and different seasonings to taste.

Spread out in pyrex and bake for about 20 mins at 350
Be sure to spray your dish/pan well!
Some even suggest just baking on wax paper to avoid sticking
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Flatbread:
Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of baking powder

I add garlic powder and different seasonings to taste.

Spread out in pyrex and bake for about 20 mins at 350
Be sure to spray your dish/pan well!
Some even suggest just baking on wax paper to avoid sticking
You are a peach thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! I am going to make mine with garlic and have it with my taco meat and veggies!!
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

UGH Today I have been a starving raving hippo! I don't know why...... I slipped and had a Hersey kiss and two mini tootsie rolls. Still hungry. Drinking some black coffee now hoping to subside the hunger.

Breakfast :
cup of coffee with EAS French vanilla (1 oz)
1 splenda
EAS Chocolate Fudge RTD mixed with Spinch (1 CUP)

Lunch:
2 3 oz grilled chicken strips
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup green pepper
walden farms ranch

snack
cup of coffee

Dinner
EAS Chocolate Fudge
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
Proti Thin Chocolate Peanut butter bar
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
Started IP - 8/27/13
 
AliExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Grand Cayman
Posts: 203

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
UGH Today I have been a starving raving hippo! I don't know why...... I slipped and had a Hersey kiss and two mini tootsie rolls. Still hungry. Drinking some black coffee now hoping to subside the hunger.

Breakfast :
cup of coffee with EAS French vanilla (1 oz)
1 splenda
EAS Chocolate Fudge RTD mixed with Spinch (1 CUP)

Lunch:
2 3 oz grilled chicken strips
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup green pepper
walden farms ranch

snack
cup of coffee

Dinner
EAS Chocolate Fudge
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
Proti Thin Chocolate Peanut butter bar
Nola, what about eating more lettuce? It's unlimited and great filler.
__________________


IP 25 by Spring Challenge




WI 1: -9.4; WI 2: -2.4; WI 3: -5.0; WI 4: -2.0; WI 5: -1.0; WI 6: -4.6; WI 7 & 8: (Vacay); WI 9: -1.8; WI 10: -3.9; WI 11: -1.0; WI 12: -4.7; WI 13: +0.5; WI 14: -3.1; WI 15: -2.8; WI 16: -3.2; WI 17: -1.6; WI 18: -2.0; WI 19: -0.2; WI 20: -3.0; WI 21: -4.2

One for every 5lbs gone

AliExpat is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #35
Started IP - 8/27/13
 
AliExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Grand Cayman
Posts: 203

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Ktgrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Yes!! Yes yes yes!! I know this is what I need to do, I just am not sure how to get there. I start out with good intentions, but I'm thinking I need to get a little more strict with myself for a bit. Measure, weigh (I guess I have to buy a scale for that... poo), and plan. Label my packets, have everything together, and be good. I am often able to just stick with it because I've got a basic plan - Breakfast is an EAS shake, Lunch is Proti-diet chicken noodle with broccoli on the side, Dinner is most often something I've already planned that pretty much plan compliant, snacks are easy, just another packet of something or a bar. But then, there are days like today, when I say F*** it all, and just want to comfort myself with food. Though, it never ends up feeling that comforting, I tend to feel slightly sick and sad, and it's just... bad news.
Relax. Breathe. How about you just commit to one full OP day at a time? Buy you lettuce and cut it up all at once and portion it out into Tupperware so you can at least grab and go? When you get a glass of water, drink a full glass or two at the sink and then fill it again and go do what you were going to do? Take one day or even one meal at a time.
__________________


IP 25 by Spring Challenge




WI 1: -9.4; WI 2: -2.4; WI 3: -5.0; WI 4: -2.0; WI 5: -1.0; WI 6: -4.6; WI 7 & 8: (Vacay); WI 9: -1.8; WI 10: -3.9; WI 11: -1.0; WI 12: -4.7; WI 13: +0.5; WI 14: -3.1; WI 15: -2.8; WI 16: -3.2; WI 17: -1.6; WI 18: -2.0; WI 19: -0.2; WI 20: -3.0; WI 21: -4.2

One for every 5lbs gone

AliExpat is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Nola, what about eating more lettuce? It's unlimited and great filler.
I normally do but the salad bar at work was really skimpy today. Its been a crazy week and i havent been to the store. Headig there 1st thing tomorrow, tho. I've got to get better about bringing a salad to work.
__________________

Last edited by nolasmurf : 10-31-2013 at 11:03 PM.
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,309

Default

[quote=ems70508;4873841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

What is the reason to only have occasionally? I mean, not that I'm going to have them every night but is it because it's a darker meat and not the breast? Nothing at the recipe screams occasional to IP. Seems to be OP.
A couple reasons - most "hot sauces" including franks are super high in sodium and the wings are fatty & include the skin
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

jordanna is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #38
IP start date: 2/8/2013
 
jmanovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Default

[quote=jordanna;4874322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post

A couple reasons - most "hot sauces" including franks are super high in sodium and the wings are fatty & include the skin
How come you boil the wings in this recipe? Just curious!
__________________




IP start date - Aug 2, 2013 - 230.4lbs
IP end date- Nov 2, 2013- 206lbs (24.4lb loss)

Reboot Jan 2, 2014- 215lbs
Goal #1- below 200lbs Goal #2- lose another 24lbs (191lbs) by Feb 22nd (going to Mexico Feb 22-Mar 1)
jmanovich is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #39
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Default eggs

Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
__________________
Aydubs is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #40
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,765

S/C/G: 209.5/162/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
Go for it. I'm sure I've read elsewhere in the IP threads that 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is the equivalent of an IP omelette packet.
__________________





I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.

Started P3: March 18/2013
Started Maintenance: April 1/2013
Reboot Started 1/2014
evepet is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
ktgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NoVa - It's not really Virginia
Posts: 118

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Relax. Breathe. How about you just commit to one full OP day at a time? Buy you lettuce and cut it up all at once and portion it out into Tupperware so you can at least grab and go? When you get a glass of water, drink a full glass or two at the sink and then fill it again and go do what you were going to do? Take one day or even one meal at a time.
Big hugs to you lady!! Thank you!!! I'm committing to staying as true to plan for the rest of the weekend as I can, and aiming for 100% starting Monday, one meal, one moment at a time. These are great ideas, and I think I'm going to start pre-packing salad for the week to help fill myself up a little more. I'm hoping it won't be too terrible re-starting, but if it is, I'm going to be here posting, and looking to my gals for support. You guys ROCK!!!
__________________
This is my life, my journey, and I'm in control.

A failure to plan is a plan to fail.



Mini-goal 1: Down 25 by 9/26 (33rd b-day) - WooHOO!!! Met on 9/19/13!! YAY!!!
Mini-goal 2: Down 50 by 12/31
Mini-goal 3: Down 60 by 2/10

Probably lofty goals, but setting my sights HIGH!! I can do this!!
ktgrrl is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
ktgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NoVa - It's not really Virginia
Posts: 118

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Go for it. I'm sure I've read elsewhere in the IP threads that 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is the equivalent of an IP omelette packet.
Yup!! You sure can, we have breakfast for dinner once a week (my fav night!) and have eggs and turkey bacon (not plan, but not a terrible "cheat".) Here's the breakdown I've seen in the past:

Eggs – So if I read my data correctly, I can have 4 whole eggs PLUS 2 egg whites which equals ONE 8oz “meat” serving?
yes.
Additionally, to sub for an omelette packet, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites
__________________
This is my life, my journey, and I'm in control.

A failure to plan is a plan to fail.



Mini-goal 1: Down 25 by 9/26 (33rd b-day) - WooHOO!!! Met on 9/19/13!! YAY!!!
Mini-goal 2: Down 50 by 12/31
Mini-goal 3: Down 60 by 2/10

Probably lofty goals, but setting my sights HIGH!! I can do this!!
ktgrrl is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 328.4/237.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Today marks 6 complete weeks on IP. I am completely OP with the exception of some added fat. At my 5 week WI in was down 30 lbs and am thrilled.

Normally I have my breakfast shake at 9am when I get to work. Yesterday it was 11 am before I was even slightly hungry. I had a vanilla RTD at 11, 2 oz grilled chicken on spinach and greens salad with bottled Italian dressing (1 gram carb per serving and I use less than one full serving) at 1:30, half an orange dream at 4, a chocolate RTD at 6, and 4 oz chicken sauteed in coconut oil with 1 cup of cauliflower rice (the weight is similar to 2 cups of florets) sauteed in butter at 9pm. I had 9 cups of water throughout the day.

I can't find anything wrong with what I ate yesterday and yet today I am COMPLETELY starving. Stomach growling starving. I've had 8 cups of water already today, a chocolate RTD at 8:30, a vanilla RTD when the growling started at 11, a cup of hot tea, and now I'm working on my chicken soup blended with 2 cups of broccoli.

Do other people just get randomly hungry? So far while in ketosis my stomach has not growled once, until today. It isn't TOM.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have learned so much from all of you lurking here the past 6 weeks.
__________________
Wahoofan is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #44
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Today marks 6 complete weeks on IP. I am completely OP with the exception of some added fat. At my 5 week WI in was down 30 lbs and am thrilled.

Normally I have my breakfast shake at 9am when I get to work. Yesterday it was 11 am before I was even slightly hungry. I had a vanilla RTD at 11, 2 oz grilled chicken on spinach and greens salad with bottled Italian dressing (1 gram carb per serving and I use less than one full serving) at 1:30, half an orange dream at 4, a chocolate RTD at 6, and 4 oz chicken sauteed in coconut oil with 1 cup of cauliflower rice (the weight is similar to 2 cups of florets) sauteed in butter at 9pm. I had 9 cups of water throughout the day.

I can't find anything wrong with what I ate yesterday and yet today I am COMPLETELY starving. Stomach growling starving. I've had 8 cups of water already today, a chocolate RTD at 8:30, a vanilla RTD when the growling started at 11, a cup of hot tea, and now I'm working on my chicken soup blended with 2 cups of broccoli.

Do other people just get randomly hungry? So far while in ketosis my stomach has not growled once, until today. It isn't TOM.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have learned so much from all of you lurking here the past 6 weeks.
are you getting in the 4 cups of veggies? I nibble on cucumbers, green peppers, and raw broccoli throughout the day. And remember Lettuce is a freebie! You can eat more than one green salad a day.

I was like that yesterday so I'm trying to abate it by having a salad for both lunch and dinner. Good luck to you!
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
are you getting in the 4 cups of veggies? I nibble on cucumbers, green peppers, and raw broccoli throughout the day. And remember Lettuce is a freebie! You can eat more than one green salad a day.

I was like that yesterday so I'm trying to abate it by having a salad for both lunch and dinner. Good luck to you!
I second what nola said!!!

I do have green peppers sliced and measured out esp more so if I wake so starved I could eat the comforter them move on the carpet with out blinking!

BUT di chew some extra sugar free dessert gum, it helps as does peppermint tea

have those days more than I like,. today I am going on day 6 of a migraine that has bee coming off and on for a week My salt and water are good it is one of the joys of being the glorious ME .

But you are doing great, your loss is amazing and I bet you look and feel like a million dollars too (as do all my fellow IPers) I am hoping to be 100% for the rest of my journey to drop all the fat

hang in there!
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1 AliExpat Ideal Protein Diet 494 10-30-2013 10:58 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2