3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #406
Member
 
gidgetonsweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 47

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Default

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???
__________________
gidgetonsweets is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #407
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,071

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???
20 lb in 6 weeks is more than 3 lbs a week... How is that NOT success?? Have you been on other diets where you lost an average of three pounds PER WEEK consistently over many weeks???

It is really impossible (not to mention frustrating as h$##) to compare your weight loss journey to others. Every individual is different... Different age, different height, different metabolism, different chemistry, etc etc. if the trend over the weeks is down you are doing the right things!

You are posting this on the 90% thread... Have you not been 100%? Any cheats?

Are you getting all your oil ON your food (not cooking with it?) also you may find adding more variety to your meat might help. Many people find an extra loss by adding a nice steak every week or so. Bigger losses for some come when they also have 1-2 salads each day.

Also note that most don't get any more of a loss by omitting the restricted and as you point out, you look forward to it, so I don't think you need to avoid that.

I think you may get more mileage by adjusting your expectations than your eating... You REALLY are doing well!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #408
Member
 
gidgetonsweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 47

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Default

Hi Lorie
Thanks for responding. No cheats, also no salads every day !!! Yes i do cook with the oil for veggie's using only whats allowed. I am not a big meat eater so i eat fish and shrimp . I had meat only twice during the 6 weeks. How do you use your olive oil ? You have done well. I have never had the -8 on my WI days and was just wondering Why ! Thanks for your time.
__________________
gidgetonsweets is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #409
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,071

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

That BIG loss number is almost always a one time event after the first full week and it's mostly water being lost, not as much fat. After that most people will settle into smaller losses with 2-3 being fairly normal along with some 0 weeks, some 1 lb weeks and even a few small gain weeks (even with NO cheating!) you want the trend to go down, not just one WI.

So you really are on the higher side of average losses... Don't compare and definitely don't stress as stress can cause gains!

When you stay on the lower fat/cal side for your protein choices (white fish, chicken, etc) some people find smaller losses (the body seems more reluctant to give up fat since it doesn't know when/where it will get more). Often when those people kick in with a richer meat once every week or so, it really helps spur a loss. Try adding salmon once per week if you don't want red meat.

When you cook with oil much stays in the pan, so try drizzling on veggies or using to make salad dressings. Some people even put it in a shake just to be sure they get it in!

I have also seen people get a but more loss by having more variety so the body doesn't find every day's in take predictably the same. I say mix it up a bit. However, some people do just FINE eating the same way each day... Just a suggestion to try.

Keep us posted... I also would like to see future conversation out of 90% thread since we want 100% SUCCESS!! See you in the Daily Chat!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #410
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Default

Amber - I say drink if you want to drink. I saw all the other comments on the weekend thread, and all have good merit, but ultimately, it's up to you. And no matter what you choose, stick to it. Don't beat yourself up either way. I'm sorry for your loss, and if having a drink or two helps, then go for it.


I think one of the major problems with this diet is the unrealistic expectations it gives people who first start.
Being overweight or heavy for a long time and then suddenly dropping weight really effs with your brain. We can't process it fast enough, and then all of a sudden we're consumed in "why am i not losing more?" "how fast can i lose it?"
etc. And suddenly everything we eat or drink is scrutinized and deemed either "good" or "bad".

There's a quote that circulates "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and I find it really sad. To me it's only adjusting our attitudes in another harmful direction. Because when is enough, enough?

I don't mean to sound hurtful or rude, it's just how I feel.
Supporting each other no matter how we choose to continue is the purpose of these forums.
I don't criticize anyone for how they decide to do this program. Doing what one feels is best is all we can hope for.

Rant over. Hahah. Best wishes for the week ahead.
tinespeens is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #411
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 630

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Worst case, best case

Ok so can someone give me a worst case and best case scenario on cheating, not food, a few cocktails. My coach said vodka and water with mio and a lime is the lesser of the evils. So I'm debating having a couple this weekend a. because I am Irish and I enjoy celebrating and corn beef is out lol, and b. because there is a family gathering honoring my father at a bar and well alcohol is about the only thing I miss on this diet. My coach said if I could find skinny girl vodka that'd be even better. But since I haven't cheated I don't know how bad is bad... I mean a few drink in one night am I going to gain back 10lbs? Am I just not going to lose anymore for the week? I'm down 1.4 so far this week, my weigh in's are Monday. Will I not lose or gain? I know everyones body is different, but I'm hoping for some general ideas... has anyone had a few drinks (no food cheats) and what was the result? (I also know about the new dangers of how I may react to alcohol do to the change in my body chemistry and my diet. So I guess it's go ahead and try to sway me into it or out of it lol
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #412
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 466

Default

I myself never had a drink on phase 1 but I know others have with mixed results. You WILL NOT gain 10lbs...that I can assure you! You would have to consume a tremendous amount of calories to do that!

From what I have gathered, some drink with vodka soda and still have losses they are satisfied with. Others, it could just cause a pause or stall. I don't think anyone will be able to say for certain what will happen. You will just have to find out if you decide to drink (not encouraging you one way or the other).

What I will say is this...going out and not drinking while everyone else celebrates SUCKS! Don't let anyone tell you different. It's a change of lifestyle and habit BUT its definitely not the worst thing. Now I am not saying that you can't enjoy the company of those you are with but let's be honest, not to many heart to hearts and "real" time is happening at a party. Plus I am originally from WYO too so I think you know what I mean. When I went out on phase 1, I volunteered to be the DD so I couldn't have drank even if I wanted to. I drank tea, chugged water, and watched people all over the place looking silly. It wasn't what I was used to but it was doable.

I guess what I am getting at is phase 1 isn't forever. Despite what you hear about people losing or not losing when cheating with alcohol is irrelevant because unless you are doing 100% you are never giving yourself a shot at achieving what is possible.

I realize that I am on the 90% thread and I seriously support everyone here and their decisions and that includes "cheating" if you want to call it that. All I am saying is that I know you are doing great and I am rooting for you!
eandc2006 is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #413
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 630

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
I myself never had a drink on phase 1 but I know others have with mixed results. You WILL NOT gain 10lbs...that I can assure you! You would have to consume a tremendous amount of calories to do that!

From what I have gathered, some drink with vodka soda and still have losses they are satisfied with. Others, it could just cause a pause or stall. I don't think anyone will be able to say for certain what will happen. You will just have to find out if you decide to drink (not encouraging you one way or the other).

What I will say is this...going out and not drinking while everyone else celebrates SUCKS! Don't let anyone tell you different. It's a change of lifestyle and habit BUT its definitely not the worst thing. Now I am not saying that you can't enjoy the company of those you are with but let's be honest, not to many heart to hearts and "real" time is happening at a party. Plus I am originally from WYO too so I think you know what I mean. When I went out on phase 1, I volunteered to be the DD so I couldn't have drank even if I wanted to. I drank tea, chugged water, and watched people all over the place looking silly. It wasn't what I was used to but it was doable.

I guess what I am getting at is phase 1 isn't forever. Despite what you hear about people losing or not losing when cheating with alcohol is irrelevant because unless you are doing 100% you are never giving yourself a shot at achieving what is possible.

I realize that I am on the 90% thread and I seriously support everyone here and their decisions and that includes "cheating" if you want to call it that. All I am saying is that I know you are doing great and I am rooting for you!
THank you, I really haven't decided yet, I'm usually a very decisive person, but I am truly torn between my diet and a few drinks this one time. It's not an every weekend, it's not even a once a month, it's just this right now and by the next time a drinking occasion comes up for me I will be off program. I have stuck to this 100% I love seeing the results, but part of me says I need a break from being perfect and I'm not going to binge on carbs or eat some fried crap. I'm talking about maybe 4 drinks, max ug I just don't know.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #414
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,071

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
THank you, I really haven't decided yet, I'm usually a very decisive person, but I am truly torn between my diet and a few drinks this one time. It's not an every weekend, it's not even a once a month, it's just this right now and by the next time a drinking occasion comes up for me I will be off program. I have stuck to this 100% I love seeing the results, but part of me says I need a break from being perfect and I'm not going to binge on carbs or eat some fried crap. I'm talking about maybe 4 drinks, max ug I just don't know.
I don't think anyone but YOU can "talk you out of it" though I think pretty much any of us can "talk you into it"!

HOWEVER... WATCH OUT with already planning for 4 drinks! When you asked about this earlier you had a number of people who responded with a tremendous amount of CAUTION as to how one alcoholic drink is likely to affect you (perhaps 2 would be a dangerous tipping point for YOU...or are 3 drinks going to be what causes you to ne in a danger zone?? You just don't know...) I think planning NOW to have 4 drinks is a potentially dangerous amount. I worry about you with that amount.

Start with some Mio water, have a club soda with lime (club soda is pretty alkaline for IP, but certainly a good sub for a drink), have your one drink then go back to club soda/Mio water. Then decide how you feel (physically, not mentally!) Depending on how long the event lasts, maybe after consuming a good amount of water in between, a second drink might be ok.

A secondary problem with having two drinks is it will relax ANY resolve you have going in for limiting your drinking and you could find yourself saying "To H#&& with it" and continuing on without being able to edit yourself after that.

PLEASE take it easy!!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #415
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 630

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

LOL I didn't mean four drinks that I'm gonna chug... I meant over the course of probably 6 hours or more. We kind of do the long stay thing and I know about the warnings and I am listening. I meant a max of four drinks as far as calorie wise over the course of a whole night. Bar parties with my family aren't in and out, it's usually 6-8 hours.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #416
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 198

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
LOL I didn't mean four drinks that I'm gonna chug... I meant over the course of probably 6 hours or more. We kind of do the long stay thing and I know about the warnings and I am listening. I meant a max of four drinks as far as calorie wise over the course of a whole night. Bar parties with my family aren't in and out, it's usually 6-8 hours.
If you do drink, especially vodka, be careful because your tolerance will be very low! 2 drinks might be all you can tolerate. I say go ahead and have one and see how you feel. But drinking does weaken resolve and for me it was always a gateway drug to food! So that's something to think about too.
__________________
wantanewme is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #417
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 630

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

I'm not really a drunk muncher, but I don't plan to get drunk. Drink one, wait 30 minutes like coach said before I think of another. Plus I'm still wishy washy at this moment I don't think I will. If I get on the scale tomorrow and it goes down even a little I probably won't feel like it. I've been very back and forth about the whole thing. It's my first experience with being unable to make a decision, I'm usually here's my choice and I'll deal with the consequences, it's almost a victory to be iffy about it because nothing before has ever caused me to think twice about anything like this.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #418
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,071

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'm not really a drunk muncher, but I don't plan to get drunk. Drink one, wait 30 minutes like coach said before I think of another. Plus I'm still wishy washy at this moment I don't think I will. If I get on the scale tomorrow and it goes down even a little I probably won't feel like it. I've been very back and forth about the whole thing. It's my first experience with being unable to make a decision, I'm usually here's my choice and I'll deal with the consequences, it's almost a victory to be iffy about it because nothing before has ever caused me to think twice about anything like this.
You definitely are putting a lot of thought into, so I know whatever you decide, you will not arrive at it lightly!

Something else I keep thinking about but have hesitated to say... I know this event is a gathering to honor your dad and remember him with love and respect and to share that with family and friends. I suspect your dad would be very proud that you are actively working to better your health and future for you and his grandchildren... Perhaps a greater honor to him would be to continue on that path being 100% OP and tip your water glass to his memory instead!
(No disrespect on my part intended!).
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #419
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 630

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
You definitely are putting a lot of thought into, so I know whatever you decide, you will not arrive at it lightly!

Something else I keep thinking about but have hesitated to say... I know this event is a gathering to honor your dad and remember him with love and respect and to share that with family and friends. I suspect your dad would be very proud that you are actively working to better your health and future for you and his grandchildren... Perhaps a greater honor to him would be to continue on that path being 100% OP and tip your water glass to his memory instead!
(No disrespect on my part intended!).
Absolutely no disrespect felt, I have actually thought that over many many times. It plays into my wishy washy problem. pfffff I guess I won't know what happens until tomorrow night. I should give up stressing about it.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #420
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,071

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Absolutely no disrespect felt, I have actually thought that over many many times. It plays into my wishy washy problem. pfffff I guess I won't know what happens until tomorrow night. I should give up stressing about it.
DEFINITELY give up the stressing... Stress releases cortisol which plays into weight increases... So no stress! Go enjoy the event, fellowship with everyone, and see what calls to your heart and mind.

Let us know how it goes!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1 AliExpat Ideal Protein Diet 494 10-30-2013 10:58 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2