Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Where did you find the coffee Mios?? I use the regular ones in my water a bit through the day. I think I would be in heaven if they had them for coffee. Right now, I put a tiny bit of the WF Caramel Sauce in my coffee, with a splash of almond milk.
I found them at a small chain of grocery stores called Albertson's! The one I found is Java Delight Liquid Coffee Flavoring. I occasionally add to my coffee. delish!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Had a great "binge" today. It was my grandma's birthday so my aunt cooked a delicious meal of home made lasagna and meat balls and of course wine! It was truly delicious, and after 4 weeks of being OP, it was the best meal I've had since I started.
I am so full, and the effects of the carb over load are taking their toll on me. But I do not feel bad or guilty. I am proud of the progress I have made (16lbs in 4 weeks) and will start over tomorrow.
Today, I needed my real world food. I know IP isn't forever, and I also know that my results will be slower. That's ok. I can live with that because I am still better off than I was 4 weeks ago.
Bed time. My food coma is kicking in. hahahaa. Happy weekend to all.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #348  
maintaining since 9/2013

tinespeens, your post is refreshing and you will do fine.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #349  

Thanks mars735! Today is a new day, and I'm back on track. When I started this journey, the best advice I was given was that if I want to eat something "bad" then go big, and the next day get right back on the horse and keep going. Learning that one day, is not every day. And after eating all that delicious food has made me crave my shakes and veggies LOL
Old 02-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinespeens View Post
Thanks mars735! Today is a new day, and I'm back on track. When I started this journey, the best advice I was given was that if I want to eat something "bad" then go big, and the next day get right back on the horse and keep going. Learning that one day, is not every day. And after eating all that delicious food has made me crave my shakes and veggies LOL
Tinespeens, that is a very healthy attitude that you have. I have some pretty big events coming up, but I am worried that when I give myself a cheat day or meal, it never stops at just one. I I was wondering who gave you that advice, was it from a coach or somebody that was doing this program?
Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I had a few vodka sodas last night. I hadn't intended on doing it and I felt guilty for a bit but now I know I really can't drink on phase I... I got embarrassingly drunk on really nit very much (as in a fraction of what I can normally drink) and I feel wretched today. Oy.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #352  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I had a few vodka sodas last night. I hadn't intended on doing it and I felt guilty for a bit but now I know I really can't drink on phase I... I got embarrassingly drunk on really nit very much (as in a fraction of what I can normally drink) and I feel wretched today. Oy.
My coach told me it has something to do with altered liver metabolism while in ketosis. You can actually pass out on very little alcohol. Hope you're feeling better

Last edited by mars735; 02-16-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
Tinespeens, that is a very healthy attitude that you have. I have some pretty big events coming up, but I am worried that when I give myself a cheat day or meal, it never stops at just one. I I was wondering who gave you that advice, was it from a coach or somebody that was doing this program?
I ate 2 baked cheese sticks and 2 square of dark chocolate and I feel sick! tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start! but it tasted good for a moment until I felt queezy after it
Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Well, I had my planned cheat of a couple of drinks on Friday, and all went well. Fortunately, it didn't lead me down a slippery slope for a binge weekend.

Interestingly, I didn't get drunk super-fast like a PP mentioned. However, I noted that the alcohol just tasted weird. Not sure if I'd lost the taste for it after 6 weeks without having anything or if it was ketosis affecting my tastebuds. But it definitely made it easy to stop after two drinks, and I'm not in a hurry to have any more.

As for the scale, I was thrilled to have lost 4 pounds for the week when I weighed myself this morning. This was after two weeks of one-pound losses after being just about perfect on plan. I think I was just due for a good loss this week, so I'm glad the slight cheat on Friday didn't blow it for me.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #355  

Kontesanera, the person who gave me the advice was someone who has previously done IP, and was considering being a coach at one point, but was too busy to fully commit to coaching. He comes into my store and we chat about IP. He's been in maintenance for some time now, but still uses IP products to snack on.
I found his advice to be a very honest approach to this diet, and I've found it to be very helpful in staying "on track".
And while his advice works great for me, it might not be the right path for others. Hope this was somewhat useful.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
I do Cathe.com videos and am signed up for the newsletter from them. Today there was an article about how having a big cheat day can actually help the metabolism and that a cheat meal is not enough. I wonder if this is where the IP cheat day on P4 comes from.
http://cathe.com/what-happens-to-you...t-a-cheat-meal

Last edited by drd1961; 02-17-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

I have a relative who was very successful with the Get In Shape for Women program, and that has a cheat day (they call it a free day) built in from day one, not just during maintenance.

The literature from that program says that the diet is "balanced" but it was still lower carb than weight watchers. More like a South Beach approach IMO.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #358  

drd1961, thank you for posting that, it was a very interesting article to read, and actually quite informative. I had a cheat day because I felt I needed one, but after reading that I feel like I made the right choice LOL
Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #359  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
drd1961, thank you for posting that, it was a very interesting article to read, and actually quite informative.
bump

I'm a little uncomfortable with cheat days as they are actually binge days for me. I think the restricted calories can make us more vulnerable to binge eating. Maybe a cheat day that is planned in detail would work for me. To date, I've been winging it and end up eating so much rich food that it takes several days to get back to baseline weight.

Last edited by mars735; 02-17-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Kontesanera, the person who gave me the advice was someone who has previously done IP, and was considering being a coach at one point, but was too busy to fully commit to coaching. He comes into my store and we chat about IP. He's been in maintenance for some time now, but still uses IP products to snack on.
I found his advice to be a very honest approach to this diet, and I've found it to be very helpful in staying "on track".
And while his advice works great for me, it might not be the right path for others. Hope this was somewhat useful.
Thanks for getting back to me. It somewhat makes sense because it shocks and jolts your metabolism, as long as you get back to being in track the following day. Cheat meal is one thing, cheat weekend or day is a whole other can of worms.
Closed Thread