Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Sorry if I've stirred the pot a bit by bringing this up! That's why I put it in the 90% thread as I thought this was the right place for this kind of conversation.

I need to note that I don't plan on making alcohol part of our weekly routine. It's actually felt pretty good to go without it for the past five weeks. This would be a very occasional treat (e.g., Valentine's/birthday).
Old 02-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #302  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Sorry if I've stirred the pot a bit by bringing this up! That's why I put it in the 90% thread as I thought this was the right place for this kind of conversation.

I need to note that I don't plan on making alcohol part of our weekly routine. It's actually felt pretty good to go without it for the past five weeks. This would be a very occasional treat (e.g., Valentine's/birthday).
You are absolutely fine Trinny - everyone has different opinions and ideas and we all are able to express them here. I just wanted to insert a different point of view - it never hurts to look at all sides of an issue!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #303  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Ruth ann is right, everyone has their own opinions and ideas. I'm not condoning anyone copying my behavior just offering it up.

If alcohol /cheese whatever is a trigger for you, hen. You need to avoid them. For me sweets are a trigger. I avoid them other than my restricted.

No disrespect taken. Thanks
Old 02-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #304  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Question

Okay I've got to say after reading the Daily chat that followed the comments from above, I'm feeling a bit attacked. I may be over reacting.

Basically it's said that you can't say you're following IP if you're not doing it 100%

Okay fine but I'm following it 90% and I try just as hard as everyone else.

After almost 7 months of doing this I know what my triggers are and I make better choices than before. If someone asks a question and I have a positive response to I'm going to share. No one is perfect, I don't care how 100% to the letter you've followed the program you think you are, you've slipped at one time or another.
No one should be condemned for their personal choices. If reading someone's personal exprieance bothers you or you don't agree than don't read it it.

Last edited by nolasmurf; 02-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

In the real world we do not live by the IP bible. In the real world we have stuff to deal with. With my coach's blessing I have added protein to support my work-out. I was up front at the beginning and told her exercise makes my arthritis bearable, and so we devised a method that allowed me to lose, but exercise. I think it is great to be 100%, but in the real world, being 100% at anything is pretty darn tough. Kudos to anyone who is winning the obesity battle. It is tough, tough, tough in today's world.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #306  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
In the real world we do not live by the IP bible. In the real world we have stuff to deal with. With my coach's blessing I have added protein to support my work-out. I was up front at the beginning and told her exercise makes my arthritis bearable, and so we devised a method that allowed me to lose, but exercise. I think it is great to be 100%, but in the real world, being 100% at anything is pretty darn tough. Kudos to anyone who is winning the obesity battle. It is tough, tough, tough in today's world.
Thanks. That's a great point. I've had to find ways to cope and make this battle work with my lifestyle. It just bothers me that there are folks that think if you aren't doing things their way you're doing it wrong. ,

Last edited by nolasmurf; 02-10-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Thanks. That's a great point. I've had to find ways to cope and make this battle work with my lifestyle. It just bothers me that there are folks that think if you aren't doing things their way you're doing it wrong. ,
Technically, in a black and white world, if you do not follow the little IP instructions..it is wrong. My world is not black and white. I have also read tons, and tons, and tons on ketogenic diets. I have taken nutrition classes recently in college, along with a lot of kiniesiology classes. What I am doing to help myself, help my arthritis and Graves Disease is very educated.

That said, I do understand the comment about people who do not follow the plan and then come looking for sympathy because it does not work. A person needs to own up to what they are doing. You have said, yes, I have my Friday drink(which I gave up and actually miss the most and will add back in when on maintenance), and yes it may have slowed my loss, but it is what I want. You are owning that, and accept that your loss will be slower. You are still losing and you are happy with the choice.

Last edited by drd1961; 02-10-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #308  

Forums are always a difficult place because they are flat. No emotion can be conveyed. Things that are not meant to sting can because of where the reader is at in the moment.

I read both 100% and 90% more for content and tips than anything else. I strive to be 100% and don't beat myself up if I am not.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #309  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Okay I've got to say after reading the Daily chat that followed the comments from above, I'm feeling a bit attacked. I may be over reacting.

Basically it's said that you can't say you're following IP if you're not doing it 100%

Okay fine but I'm following it 90% and I try just as hard as everyone else.

After almost 7 months of doing this I know what my triggers are and I make better choices than before. If someone asks a question and I have a positive response to I'm going to share. No one is perfect, I don't care how 100% to the letter you've followed the program you think you are, you've slipped at one time or another.
No one should be condemned for their personal choices. If reading someone's personal exprieance bothers you or you don't agree than don't read it it.
I have mad respect for you to have gotten as far as you have by doing IP 90%. I have been struggling for the past couple weeks and have slipped up here and there and it is HARD to get back to 100%. You are doing IP 90% and you have been really successful and I don't think you should give a hoot what anyone thinks about that.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #310  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
nolasmurf - please do not read criticism of you into my comments. You and I have traveled this road together for many months and I have great admiration for how far you have come.

I think that the responses I have read, including mine (!), come from a few feelings. This posting of the 90% was started several months back from IP'ers who wanted a place to discuss and express feelings about things they eat or drink. It is wonderful that there is a posting place for that.

For me, I NEED the support of those who understand the adherence to the 100% IP protocol. If I stray, my triggers return and I fall down big time. I lost nearly two depressing months that way. You clearly have better emotional control than I do. Given that, I am happy that there is a place where they can gently push me back to the happy and smooth running machine I seem to be when I am 100%.

You have always been honest and forthright about your progress. Like others, I get pretty frustrated when people are not that way about what they eat and then wonder what is wrong.

So please do not let my words hurt - they were meant to be simply MY opinion of what works, for ME and what I think I need to succeed. I always enjoy reading your entries and often you and I are hitting the same levels together.

My apologies for creating bad feelings for you. Sometimes when I am honest, I do not always word things the best way possible and I clearly failed you.
Thank you . I believe that you didn't mean the words to hurt. It's very hard to convey tone via the written word.
I understand folks who need to be black and white 100%, I really do. There are times when I have to be, and others when I don't.

I am happy with my success, there are times that I'm jealous of others. I might have been in maintenance now if I had been 100% since day one! maybe not... But like I said I'm happy and I'm committed to doing it and keeping it off
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #311  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I have mad respect for you to have gotten as far as you have by doing IP 90%. I have been struggling for the past couple weeks and have slipped up here and there and it is HARD to get back to 100%. You are doing IP 90% and you have been really successful and I don't think you should give a hoot what anyone thinks about that.
Thanks Steph
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

I feel responsible for a lot of the tension and I am very sorry. I asked my question in this thread as I thought it was started for the purpose of allowing non 100 percent folks to talk without setting off triggers for others.

I was talking about a one time thing and it became a big deal so I'm sorry. (And I won't come back looking for sympathy if the scale doesn't move this week.)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #313  
IP start date 8/1/2013

No no not trinny! Don't you dare think that you caused anything! You are right this is the spot to ask those types of questions. I was more bothered by the fact that it got carried over to the daily thread.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

I feel I can post here again because this weekend I haven't been 100%. I am disappointed in myslef for slipping, even today I slipped and had something I should not have. I'm not going to let this derail my efforts though. I think when I don't see the scale move after having a great week I get disappointed and say screw it. It's very disheartening to not see your hard work pay off. Excuses I know. But I'm back to being 100% tomorrow and hoping I did not do too much damage by Saturday. I admire those who have remained 100% for so long.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #315  

S/C/G: S/C/G 202/190.2/150

Ok the same issue arose last fall with 100%ers getting upset with 90%ers posts. It got down to name calling and disrespect. My question is this? Why would a 100%er even come on this post? This is exactly why I quit coming here at all! Same stuff different day.
Closed Thread