3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289219-home-90%25-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-2-a.html)

AliExpat 10-31-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktgrrl (Post 4873821)
YUMMY!!! I've been having pretty huge cravings for wings lately, and these look soo yummy.

In other news, I'm here, I've been hard-core off the wagon lately, but still lurking, and trying to gather my willpower and desire together. I know this is only "short" term (though for those of us with about 100 lbs to lose, it's a bit longer) and I know that in the end I will feel better and healthier, but DANG! It's hard sometimes! Especially for my this time of year. It's just the hardest time of year for me in terms on dealing with emotional issues. But, I'm here, I'm trucking along, and I feel like I'm at least trying to make some smarter choices, rather than just going totally nuts.

I hope everyone is having an easier time than I am right now, and am sending lots of good thoughts to all.

Hey there ktgrrl!! Why do think you're having a hard time? Are the IP foods you have not appetizing and more? Are you tired of the same veggies over and over? Are you tired of thinking about food/weight/the scale? Is it getting colder where you are and you are craving more comforting foods? Maybe trying to figure out why you're off the wagon could be the first step to get you BACK on the wagon, lol. Just my two cents :)

kcandponies 10-31-2013 10:50 AM

Ugghhh! So depressed today. I quit IP 3 weeks ago, have been eating "whatever" mostly low carb and some IP packets - not stuffing my face. Decided to switch to Atkins, can't seem to get back on a plan. I did well last night, even walked 2 miles and spent the walk figuring out how my diet plan would look for the next few months until I reach goal. After dinner I went nuts and dug into the halloween candy. My weight this week is up 4 pounds since I stopped IP.

I ALWAYS fail diets, for YEARS. I wanted IP to be different. Maybe I have to get back on plan, and just push through the side effects I didn't like, food I don't like, and being broke. :(

jodi73 10-31-2013 10:52 AM

Jordana- those sound so good... definitely need to try them!

Hoping we all make it through this Halloween day without scarfing too many Reese's!

oryssia 10-31-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4873452)
I say this gently because I know you truly want to do this.

The more nibbles you take, the more sugar you crave.

If you can fight through them and get through the initial detox period your cravings will be sooo much better.

Just think about how good you'll feel at the end of the day knowing you were able to overcome them!

IdealProteinNewbie,

That's such good advice.

When I read your post, it brought to mind a personal experience of recently seeing a photograph of an old boyfriend. He lives in another country where we met. I came home and he later came to 'visit' me. We kind of hoped that it might work out to marriage.

This relationship was simply the most passionate one I have ever had. The highs were so high but the lows were so low. We broke up several times and it wasn't until he finally went back to his home country (his visa ran out and he had no choice but to go) that I finally could truly work on 'withdrawal' from him.

I use the word 'withdrawal' (even though today I joke that it is a good thing he went home or one of us would have ended up in prison ... for murdering the other!) because now 25 years later that is what I see it was. I was addicted to the passion, the excitement, the adventure... but we weren't a match.

We reconnected briefly a couple of times and both times went quite badly. It was like playing with fire.

Now 25 years later, a mutual friend of our's went over to visit that country and she reconnected with him. She posted a picture on Facebook.

I winced when I saw it. He has aged so much. And I thought, 'I can't believe I was so absorbed in him.' And for the first time ever I thought, 'I am finally free of him.' I truly feel no longing, no wanting, no passion. I have moved on. And I am so grateful and really truly relieved that we didn't end up trying to make a life together. It would have been horrible.

So your post helped me see that that is what my relationship with sugar and carbs is like. If I keep having little bits, I can never truly free myself of my slavery to them. So I have to avoid them or they are going to keep sucking me back in.

Thank goodness there is such a thing as ketosis. It's like 'the other country!'

That's what's helping me be freed from being an unhappy slave to the sugar.

IdealProteinNewbie 10-31-2013 11:44 AM

oryssia: I'm so glad my little bit of advice is helpful to you!

sarahBell 10-31-2013 11:52 AM

happy Halloween everyone! It is cool and damp here :)

I have small goodie bags for the kids on our street :) but we are not handing out candy tonight :) All for the better LOL

ktgrrl 10-31-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4873864)
Hey there ktgrrl!! Why do think you're having a hard time? Are the IP foods you have not appetizing and more? Are you tired of the same veggies over and over? Are you tired of thinking about food/weight/the scale? Is it getting colder where you are and you are craving more comforting foods? Maybe trying to figure out why you're off the wagon could be the first step to get you BACK on the wagon, lol. Just my two cents :)

Hi Ali! Thanks for taking the time to respond. And, helping me get my head around what's going on. Really, I'm just so darned tired!! I'm tired of "dieting," I'm tired of work, I'm tired of traffic (hello DC Metro), I'm tired of the grey days, I'm tired tired tired tired!! And this is like my most terrible time of the year. I start coming down with what I jokingly call "The Mopes." Meaning, I just mope around and feel terrible and sorry for myself. And at the beginning of the year, I finished up the therapy I was working on, and now, I'm wondering if it's time to go back. I do truly want to lose weight. I know I'll feel better because when I managed to stick to the plan, I did feel better. I like having too big clothes, and I like how my body is more jiggly (cuz it's not all bloated and gross). I like how my joints don't ache as much and how, shockingly, everything doesn't seem as bad.

And of course, I love being able to come here and start working out what's going on, with people who are kind and compassionate. Just like you. :hug: Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 4873867)
Ugghhh! So depressed today. I quit IP 3 weeks ago, have been eating "whatever" mostly low carb and some IP packets - not stuffing my face. Decided to switch to Atkins, can't seem to get back on a plan. I did well last night, even walked 2 miles and spent the walk figuring out how my diet plan would look for the next few months until I reach goal. After dinner I went nuts and dug into the halloween candy. My weight this week is up 4 pounds since I stopped IP.

I ALWAYS fail diets, for YEARS. I wanted IP to be different. Maybe I have to get back on plan, and just push through the side effects I didn't like, food I don't like, and being broke. :(

This. I completely understand this. It's HARD!! But I think a lot of why I hang around here is to see other people's success, and to see what works for others, and to hopefully help boost people up when they're not at their best. I truly think there is a lot we can learn from each other, and the support I've found here is amazing. I really hope you're able to find the right "plan" for you. And please, stick around. I think you're pretty awesome! :hug:

jmanovich 10-31-2013 03:03 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!

I have read through our Volume 2...and it seems I may actually have some intelligent things to offer today! Yay me! :carrot:

Usually I am the one down in the dumps...falling off plan...etc etc. But not today! I started IP on Aug 2nd. I did exceptionally well for 5 weeks, lost 21lbs. My first few days were rough- nausea, hungry, dizzy, YUCK. Then I started to feel fantastic- energy, clothes getting too big, comments from family, friends, coworkers...finally so PROUD of myself for once.

Then I went on vacation. To California for a week. Ate completely off plan- sugar, carbs, you name it, I ate it! When I got back I was up 7lbs. I did fairly well getting that 7lbs back off staying maybe 75% on plan. Then through Thanksgiving, etc I indulged here and there and didn't really stay on plan well at all. I also started binging into the Peanut Butter jar in the evenings...oh and chocolate bars!! Then this past weekend I just said that's it. Monday morning- back on 100%. I needed to get out of the crave, eat, feel guilty cycle. It truly is a terrible thing. And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. :) I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me :dizzy:

And now, having said ALL this- I do not follow the plan 100%. I am sooooo sorry to all you 100%ers, but I cannot forgo some things. These include:

non-dairy creamer
Tim Hortons Double Doubles (small)
a slice of cheese here or there, or cheesestrings
extra hard boiled eggs (maybe 1-2 a day)
Bolthouse Farms low cal/low fat salad dressings, and sometimes even regular dressings!

and on some days, like today- I eat like phase 2. For dinner today I had a half size wendy's salad, with the grilled chicken on top. No croutons. 1/2 pack of their dressing.

All these things have not impacted my losses so far. It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand. :cool:

Have a fantastic day all- sending IP POWER to us all!

sarahBell 10-31-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanovich (Post 4874038)

I have read through our Volume 2...and it seems I may actually have some intelligent things to offer today! Yay me! :carrot:

Usually I am the one down in the dumps...falling off plan...etc etc. But not today! I started IP on Aug 2nd. I did exceptionally well for 5 weeks, lost 21lbs. My first few days were rough- nausea, hungry, dizzy, YUCK. Then I started to feel fantastic- energy, clothes getting too big, comments from family, friends, coworkers...finally so PROUD of myself for once.

Then I went on vacation. To California for a week. Ate completely off plan- sugar, carbs, you name it, I ate it! When I got back I was up 7lbs. I did fairly well getting that 7lbs back off staying maybe 75% on plan. Then through Thanksgiving, etc I indulged here and there and didn't really stay on plan well at all. I also started binging into the Peanut Butter jar in the evenings...oh and chocolate bars!! Then this past weekend I just said that's it. Monday morning- back on 100%. I needed to get out of the crave, eat, feel guilty cycle. It truly is a terrible thing. And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. :) I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me :dizzy:

And now, having said ALL this- I do not follow the plan 100%. I am sooooo sorry to all you 100%ers, but I cannot forgo some things. These include:

non-dairy creamer
Bolthouse Farms low cal/low fat salad dressings, and sometimes even regular dressings!

and on some days, like today- I eat like phase 2. For dinner today I had a half size wendy's salad, with the grilled chicken on top. No croutons. 1/2 pack of their dressing.

All these things have not impacted my losses so far. It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand. :cool:

Your wisdom (along with others) is always welcomed!!

Clarington45 10-31-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 4873867)

As I was reading this, I thought it was me writing it .. I have been doing the EXACT same thing as you, and have also gained back a few pounds.. I need to get back on track with IP as we know it works.. I just mentally need to get my act together again for it..

ktgrrl 10-31-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

non-dairy creamer

Yes!! Yes yes yes!! I know this is what I need to do, I just am not sure how to get there. I start out with good intentions, but I'm thinking I need to get a little more strict with myself for a bit. Measure, weigh (I guess I have to buy a scale for that... poo), and plan. Label my packets, have everything together, and be good. I am often able to just stick with it because I've got a basic plan - Breakfast is an EAS shake, Lunch is Proti-diet chicken noodle with broccoli on the side, Dinner is most often something I've already planned that pretty much plan compliant, snacks are easy, just another packet of something or a bar. But then, there are days like today, when I say F*** it all, and just want to comfort myself with food. Though, it never ends up feeling that comforting, I tend to feel slightly sick and sad, and it's just... bad news.

sarahBell 10-31-2013 05:14 PM

Bread Recipe?

I am trying to find the recipe for the bread made from the potato puree packet? I searched thread #4 and cannot find it :(

Anyone have it?

nalaroo 10-31-2013 05:21 PM

After reading everyone's struggles above I can relate. Everything you all have written above I have experienced while being overweight for 20 years prior to starting IP. I am a food addict and a food hoarder. I went hungry a lot as a child and couldn't bear the thought of being hungry while on a diet so I failed at every diet I tried. I would get hunger pains, panic and put on more weight. I even gained 30lbs while deciding to start IP. When I finally started IP I was really, truly emotionally ready to lose the weight. I needed it gone more than I needed the food I was eating. I was done with food controlling my life. And I realized my health was way more important than the comfort food brought me. Food will still be there when I'm done. They are not going to stop making ice cream and pizza anytime soon.

I hope you all find the emotional strength you need to find your way back to 100%/90% OP everyday. It's not easy but it works and it has changed my life. Trust in the fact that the longer you are 100% OP the easier it gets. As for me, 70lbs down 66lbs to go.

Annik 10-31-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalaroo (Post 4874101)
It's not easy but it works and it has changed my life. Trust in the fact that the longer you are 100% OP the easier it gets. As for me, 70lbs down 66lbs to go.

Well said and way to go!

Annik

Annik 10-31-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. :) I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me :dizzy:It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand. :cool:

Good for you Jmanovich! Keep going! You'll get there!

Annik