IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/30/2013

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
    Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Good morning Lisa, and all Ipeeps. Wishing everyone a good day and stay out of mischief ;-)
  • It's Hump day! Hi Lisa

Hope everyone has an amazing day.
  • It's Hump Day! Also over the hump in my diet, as for the first time since 1998, I weigh under 300 pounds. Hooray! Twoderville is a lovely place...
  • Good morning!!!
  • Quote: It's Hump Day! Also over the hump in my diet, as for the first time since 1998, I weigh under 300 pounds. Hooray! Twoderville is a lovely place...
    Congrats Jane!
  • good morning everyone have a sweet day
  • Congratulations Jane! So proud of you!!
  • I think I have finally hit a plateau....darn!

I had set my goal and when I reached it, I decided I could probably do 10 lbs more. And for the last 2 weeks I am stuck. I go -.4 and then +.4 but never more than than.

Does this mean my body says this is where it is supposed to be? If I don't lose anymore, it's okay because I am comfortable with this size but I was sure hoping for one size smaller.

Any suggestions how to kick start again!

I am back on P1. I phased off when I hit my goal and went on a vacation. since I got back, it's been P1
  • Quote: It's Hump Day! Also over the hump in my diet, as for the first time since 1998, I weigh under 300 pounds. Hooray! Twoderville is a lovely place...
    Congrats!! That is amazing!
    that is wonderful!!! Congrats
  • Good morning IP'ers!
    I'm looking for a new source for frozen rhubarb. Can someone recommend a vendor or website? My local Whole Foods quit carrying it a while back and say that their supplier no longer carries it. It cannot be grown down here in the South, so fresh rhubarb is only a rare and occasional find.
    I have one bag left in the freezer and am trying to save it for thanksgiving (fake "cranberry" dish). Rhubarb was a once a week treat for me, and the idea of never having it again saddens me!
  • Well today is WI#2 of my restart. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. My first time on IP I lost 7lbs and 5lbs. This time was 8.4 and only 2. I know the first two weeks are usually when you see your biggest loss, so this was pretty disheartening. I'm hoping this has something to do with TOM, although that didnt effect my loses the first time around. At least on the positive side, I am no longer in the obese category! :-)

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
    Twoderville...haven't heard that one before! Congrats....now on to Onederland!!!!
  • Quote: Well today is WI#2 of my restart. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. My first time on IP I lost 7lbs and 5lbs. This time was 8.4 and only 2. I know the first two weeks are usually when you see your biggest loss, so this was pretty disheartening. I'm hoping this has something to do with TOM, although that didnt effect my loses the first time around. At least on the positive side, I am no longer in the obese category! :-)

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
    My first time around I lost 7.4 and 5.8 the first two weeks, this time 8 and 3... and I started at a higher weight this time than last.

2 lbs is still a loss and should be celebrated!!