Old 10-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default Ring resize? Yah or Nay??

I have guards on my rings, but they are still falling off. I am afraid to get them resized for 'fear of' but I don't want to lose them. The other day my diamond flew off my hand into the sliding glass door.

What did you do???

Thanks!!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I just lost a ring that I'd bought to replace my wedding ring. The ring had no value but it was a beautiful ring. One minute it was there and the next gone and I really wish I could have prevented it. I am now in the process of getting my wedding ring resized so I can wear it again. I'd either stop wearing the rings and put them away for safe keeping or get them resized if that's viable.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I am very SAD that last weekend I lost my wedding ring! After losing 40 pounds and telling myself during the last 15 or so pounds that I MUST get mine resized, I wish I would have taken it off until I could get to the jeweler!!! I am still hopeful it will turn up but since it's been a week I am pretty doubtful!

Last edited by JLUS; 10-27-2013 at 06:07 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

This may go against everything the "experts" will tell you but i chose not to resize my ring. I didn't know if I would be able to keep the weight off since it was the first time in my life I had ever lost it. My DH and i chose to move our wedding rings over to our middle finger. Since we both had to do it we made it our thing. Anyway - I gained half my weight back do to a variety of reasons and had to move it back to my ring finger. I'm just now at the point of needing to move it back to the middle. Yay.

JLUS - I'm so sorry you lost your wedding ring. I"m sure it will turn up.

Last edited by Figgypudding; 10-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #5  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I have guards on my rings, but they are still falling off. I am afraid to get them resized for 'fear of' but I don't want to lose them. The other day my diamond flew off my hand into the sliding glass door.

What did you do???

Thanks!!!
I know exactly how you feel. I am wearing my grandmother`s wedding ring from the 1920s and it almost fell off the other day. What I did was I took off my two rings and put them in my jewlery box. I plan on getting them resized when I get to my goal or close to it.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #6  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybug View Post
I just lost a ring that I'd bought to replace my wedding ring. The ring had no value but it was a beautiful ring. One minute it was there and the next gone and I really wish I could have prevented it. I am now in the process of getting my wedding ring resized so I can wear it again. I'd either stop wearing the rings and put them away for safe keeping or get them resized if that's viable.
Sorry to hear that..
Old 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #7  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I am very SAD that last weekend I lost my wedding ring! After losing 40 pounds and telling myself during the last 15 or so pounds that I MUST get mine resized, I wish I would have taken it off until I could get to the jeweler!!! I am still hopeful it will turn up but since it's been a week I am pretty doubtful!
Sorry to hear that too.
Hope it turns up.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #8  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I hope your ring turns up! I haven't had mine resized yet as both my wedding band and engagement ring have scattered diamonds all around and if I size down it won't be even. So what I did is buy another thin pretty band (with channel set diamonds) in my new size that I wear along with my rings. It keeps my rings safely on and I really like the way it looks.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Being a nurse (which I am guessing you are to, based on your screen name) I always think I am going to throw my ring away in a pair of gloves. So, I wear mine in a necklace. I plan on having it resized once I reach goal but for now it will stay on my neck.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
Being a nurse (which I am guessing you are to, based on your screen name) I always think I am going to throw my ring away in a pair of gloves. So, I wear mine in a necklace. I plan on having it resized once I reach goal but for now it will stay on my neck.
Yup. I'm a nurse. I worked in CT, Yale NewHaven Hosp, Waterbury, New Britain. Where are you.

Yeah, my husband said put them on a necklace. He needs to buy me another ring I think!!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I thought I had lost mine last year. Hubby said he would get me a new one ; I was shocked how much a plain gold band costs not compared to when we bought them 43 years ago. I did find it in the house, I put it away and just got used to not wearing it. It still is too big. I actually did have it resized when I lost my first 40 pounds. Didn't want to do that again as it was only size 5 to begin with.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Yup. I'm a nurse. I worked in CT, Yale NewHaven Hosp, Waterbury, New Britain. Where are you.

Yeah, my husband said put them on a necklace. He needs to buy me another ring I think!!!
He definitely needs to buy you another ring!

I used to work at St. Francis in Hartford, but now I work at Baystate in Springfield.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #13  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

I am still on the fence, have been contemplating a new set for anniversary in Jan. They don't fly off but sometimes slide off when I reach in my pocket. Am worried too.
JLUS I hope yours turns up.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

I was lucky enough to have a diamond plan and I can get mine sized as much as I want for free. I would definitely get it re-sized especially if its an expensive ring.
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #15  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Personally, I would either move the ring to a different finger or wear it on a chain around my neck until I was maintaining. Not only does re-sizing a ring more than once make it fragile, it can also cost a nice chunk of money.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote