Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/173/135

Height: 5".3.5

Question Nyquil/DayQuil Tylenol Cold meds

Ok, so this past week I have been feeling crappy with the change of season here on the East Coast. Took Nyquil and Dayquil a few days.. and guess what?? It slowed my loss to just barely a pound lost and my BMI went UP!!!!!! WHAT the heck? Anyone else have issues like this - Feeling really upset because I have NOT GONE OFF PLAN.. Very dissapointed! 6 week in and only 11 pounds gone.. and

Ang
atblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  

Illness causes inflammation, which is water weight.

If you were taking DayQuil/NyQuil gel caps, they are sugar free.
The liquid may have sugar.
If you are losing weight, your BMI (body mass index) goes down. Perhaps it was some other calculation that went up?

Remember one weigh-in is one data point. We are looking for overall trends,& long-term weight loss.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Atblount:

This is what I got from my center owner (who's a nurse to boot):

Nyquil has19 grams of carbs per 30ml dosage... 13 grams are sugar. DayQuil Liquid has 24 grams of carbs per 30ml dosage... 14 grams are sugar. NyQuil & DayQuil Liquid Capsules do not have carbs. Pseudophed non drowsy is also good.
Kawaii1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/173/135

Height: 5".3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Atblount:

This is what I got from my center owner (who's a nurse to boot):

Nyquil has19 grams of carbs per 30ml dosage... 13 grams are sugar. DayQuil Liquid has 24 grams of carbs per 30ml dosage... 14 grams are sugar. NyQuil & DayQuil Liquid Capsules do not have carbs. Pseudophed non drowsy is also good.
Hmmm. I knew enough not to do liquid. I did the capsules and most definitely did not go off plan. scratching my head in this one. Hopefully whatever happened won't show up again next week. Thanks for responding.
atblount is offline   Reply With Quote