3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Timing of Cal-Mag pills (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289008-timing-cal-mag-pills.html)

ohjuly7878 10-24-2013 06:53 AM

Timing of Cal-Mag pills

I know that we are supposed to take 2 with dinner and 2 after dinner (with snack), but I'm finding it very hard to get them in! Somehow I really don't like taking pills that late in the day.

Does anyone take 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner; or perhaps another approach?

Thanks in advance for your help. I love this community, it's helped tremendously.

Kellimomo3 10-24-2013 07:01 AM

I have been on IP for about nine weeks and I only take two with dinner, that's it for the cal-mag. Did your coach tell you to take 4? I have had no issues with constipation, hair loss or anything, I wonder if that's why??

ohjuly7878 10-24-2013 07:05 AM

Yes, she said to take two with dinner and two with snack. I'm finding it hard to do so.

I do worry particularly about my calcium intake on this program (since I am borderline osteoporotic). I try to eat the higher calcium veggies (spinach, kale, etc) but I still believe I am not getting enough calcium. However, it's probably worth it (for the weight loss); and eventually I hope I can start having my beloved greek yogurt again!

Ruth Ann 10-24-2013 07:07 AM

I've taken 2 with breakfast and two after dinner since I started.

lisa32989 10-24-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohjuly7878 (Post 4869034)
I know that we are supposed to take 2 with dinner and 2 after dinner (with snack), but I'm finding it very hard to get them in! Somehow I really don't like taking pills that late in the day.

Does anyone take 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner; or perhaps another approach?

Thanks in advance for your help. I love this community, it's helped tremendously.

Later in the day, magnesium can help with sleep. But if you can't get them in, I say take them when you'll take them!

dsjsmom23 10-25-2013 12:31 AM

I have always taken 2 early in the day, usually with my morning snack. And then 2 before bed.
I take my multi vitamin, potassium, 2 omega 3, and 2 gal mag early in the day.
Then I take my 2 cal mag and 1 multi vitamin before bed.

My coach said that's fine...

I HATE taking vitamins, so the fact that I am actually taking them is HUGE for me! LOL

I didn't know that cal mag helped with sleep. Good to know! That will motivate me even more! haha!

I have the WORST time sleeping!

patns 10-25-2013 12:41 AM

I was only told to take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. The reason for taking it is the evening is that it makes you sleepy as Lisa said.

DJ72 10-25-2013 02:30 AM

Your body can only absorb 500mg of calcium at one time so spread it out accordingly. This was straight from my Dr. And I don't mess with her. Lol

Kawaii1002 10-25-2013 08:07 AM

I take one for breakfast, one with lunch, one with snack, and one with supper. Although, I've been told that if you're having problems with constipation, you can take all 4 at once, and that might help you flush your system.. after that, go back to the spread out schedule.

lighthouse101 10-25-2013 09:54 AM

I've been taking 2 of mine with lunch and 2 with dinner and that has worked for me. Not sure for those who have only been able told to take 2 per day - my phase 1 sheet has 4 listed on there, 2 with dinner and 2 with snack, as the OP said. Maybe it depends on starting weight?

WillowVee 10-25-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4869869)
I've been taking 2 of mine with lunch and 2 with dinner and that has worked for me. Not sure for those who have only been able told to take 2 per day - my phase 1 sheet has 4 listed on there, 2 with dinner and 2 with snack, as the OP said. Maybe it depends on starting weight?

Ditto for me!