3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Anyone have any female problems on IP? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288937-anyone-have-any-female-problems-ip.html)

pammyf 10-23-2013 12:04 AM

Anyone have any female problems on IP?

OK, so Im new here. I am in the third week on IP. I am a 31 year old mother of two. I have been taking oral contraceptives since shortly after the birth of my three year old. I've always had very regular and predictable cycles. Last week, I started having some cramping...which within a few days, led to even worse cramping which I would describe as pre-labour pain LOL, and then a heavy flow. I was dumbfounded as my period wasn't due for another 10 days!! Could this be a side effect of the diet? :?::?::?::?::?:

Meeshellee 10-23-2013 12:11 AM

I spotted everyday for my first month on IP....despite being on BC. Also I had TOM about a month early (I'm on the 3 mo cycle BC). Prior to this I was very regular with my cycles. Now everything is back to normal for me...so there is hope!

bindersbee 10-23-2013 01:17 AM

I have never been on bc (so that had no impact on my experience) but this diet did mess with my cycle the first month- as in I skipped a period which has NEVER happened to me except when pg. The last period was a lot heavier than normal (as you'd expect) and I'm waiting to see when/if the next one comes. So yes, this diet has messed with my cycle more than even most infertility meds did!

pammyf 10-23-2013 01:18 AM

Oh god I hope it doesnt last much longer! Funny, I wasnt told that this could happen, though :s

CleverName 10-23-2013 02:03 AM

Your coach should have told you that this diet can make your BC ineffective. I hope you know that!
I haven't started IP yet, but I've been researching it, so I can't speak of my own experiences.

Wine4me 10-23-2013 03:43 AM

I also, have had my period about a week early, and this never has happened to me!

lisa32989 10-23-2013 05:52 AM

There are several threads on this topic

Estrogen is stored in fat and so when we lose fat rapidly, it us released rapidly and causes some havoc. If your coach did not warn you, I would address this immediately b/c you should have been alerted your b/c can be ineffective and a backup barrier method is suggested

I'm concerned that any coach that doesn't give this info PRIOR to you signing up may not be giving complete info as a whole.

Kellimomo3 10-23-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammyf (Post 4868165)
OK, so Im new here. I am in the third week on IP. I am a 31 year old mother of two. I have been taking oral contraceptives since shortly after the birth of my three year old. I've always had very regular and predictable cycles. Last week, I started having some cramping...which within a few days, led to even worse cramping which I would describe as pre-labour pain LOL, and then a heavy flow. I was dumbfounded as my period wasn't due for another 10 days!! Could this be a side effect of the diet? :?::?::?::?::?:

Same exact thing happened to me my first month and it led to me discovering that the IP diet messes with birth control and coaches are supposed to recommend that you use a backup method. Thank god I didn't end up pregnant. I couldn't believe that my coach did not know this!!! My cycle since that first time have been back to normal though so it does straighten out. Good luck!

pammyf 10-23-2013 03:58 PM

Hi ladies, I spoke with my coach, and she told me that, yes, indeed your periods can go out of whack for a while. In fact, she said, for some, it can last through the entire 1st phase...I certainly hope this isnt the case for me. Also, that it can make your birth control pills less effective. She said shes heard of a few "ideal babies" being born.
Totally ticked, though, that she hadnt told me any of this before hand. Im done having kids!!

jmanovich 10-23-2013 04:32 PM

I have had irregular/wonky cycles for the past few years (I think a little bit of PCOS) but my cycle was regulating itself quite nicely the past two months...and then this month my period finally came 10 days late...not sure what was up with that...if it is the diet, or just being overweight/insulin resistant in the first place.

Either way, I was hoping that IP would make my cycles regular and I would start ovulating. Sigh. Hasn't happened yet. I am starting to give up on having a baby #2. :(

lisa32989 10-23-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammyf (Post 4868628)
Hi ladies, I spoke with my coach, and she told me that, yes, indeed your periods can go out of whack for a while. In fact, she said, for some, it can last through the entire 1st phase...I certainly hope this isnt the case for me. Also, that it can make your birth control pills less effective. She said shes heard of a few "ideal babies" being born.
Totally ticked, though, that she hadnt told me any of this before hand. Im done having kids!!

I hope you told her about how ticked you were. If not, please make sure you do next time you see her. This was info that should have been told to you. Withholding this really could have been construed as malpractice.

DJ72 10-25-2013 02:33 AM

My TOMs have been missed, late and early on IP. Makes no sense. I always wear a light days now. Not the highlight if this weight loss lol

LizJazz 10-28-2013 10:03 AM

The entire time i was on ip the first time I had a light period.

LadyBug315 11-03-2013 07:00 PM

Yeah, my coach and the girl working with him knew nothing about this. Hence why I am currently pregnant with an IP baby. The irony, considering it took three years of fertility treatments to get pregnant with my daughter; and I find out in my seventh week of IP...
They knew nothing about using a backup method of BC.

pammyf 11-03-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyBug315 (Post 4876127)
Yeah, my coach and the girl working with him knew nothing about this. Hence why I am currently pregnant with an IP baby. The irony, considering it took three years of fertility treatments to get pregnant with my daughter; and I find out in my seventh week of IP...
They knew nothing about using a backup method of BC.

WOW! Congratulations!!