Dill Pickles

• So my clinic tells me basically I can only eat the Claussen Kosher Dill Pickles - not sure why but there must be other approved or ok dill pickles I can have. It seems silly to me. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
  • Quote: So my clinic tells me basically I can only eat the Claussen Kosher Dill Pickles - not sure why but there must be other approved or ok dill pickles I can have. It seems silly to me. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
    I have never heard that before, I eat dill pickles a lot and I just try to choose one that is low in carbs.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • I can't think of the brand name now but i've seen it in one store down here in Louisiana. It is actually made with sea salt! I'll check when I go by that store. I'm wondering if your clinic told you this because of the sodium levels...?
  • also, i've never heard of that rule. People on here have mentioned that clinics like to come up with their own 'house rules' and not call Ideal Protein offices on every question, which I don't like.
  • Pickles
    Thanks. The sea salt I saw was Mt Olives. I am not sure to be worried about the sodium/salt or the carbs? I guess the carbs.

Also there are some bread and butter pickles made with splenda-what is your thought on this?
  • Well ...our sheet says Dill Pickles. My thought would be no but I'm not the final answer/professional by any means!

From what i've read, bread and butter pickles are made to be more sweet (by adding sugar) but yours are with splenda. I would check the ingredient list and make sure there isn't sugar in there with another name!
  • I thought a pickle was a pickle LOL.
  • I was told only dill pickles. No supplements! Other pickles have higher salt, sugars added, and higher calories. The dill pickles I eat are 5 calories for 4! Works for me

I asked about honey mustard instead of just plain mustard (I found one with the same calories) but they said no cause there was honey in it. So I guess there are lots of reasons not to change the food.
  • i was told the splenda-sweetened bread and butter ones were fine. They were 0/0/0 (carbs/sugar/fat)
  • I frequently eat all kinds of dill pickles. Just make sure they're low in carbs. I think your clinic is making up rules. I also eat the splenda bread and butter ones frequently. They are delicious!!! And like Lisa said 0/0/0.