3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/22/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,218

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/22/2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,655

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Sarita: Your pics look amazing. Your family is going to be shocked when they see you!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Taking it day by day!
 
KareVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VT
Posts: 315

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi Lisa - how was the gym the other day? How often do you think you're going to go? I just watched the clip via IP in regards to weight resistance training and how important it is to maintain. Walking and other cardio is important but they seem to stress more about free weights / weight training. Maybe I'll focus on that when I go to the gym this evening.

To all out there, have a nice Tuesday (we made it through Monday)!
__________________


Re-start Date: Wed, Mar-4, 2015

No one is a failure who continues to try..
KareVT is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 920

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy I Need some much needed prayers and positive thoughts plz

Good Morning my beautiful IPers <3

I am so so sad this morning. Yesterday my dad talked to their home owners insurance company and they are giving him a check but he needs to pay off the loan on the old house and when that is done he is left with about $30k to try to rebuild with. He has been out of work since Sept because he had back surgery.

He is so depressed. He suffers from manic depression and this was the straw that broke the camels back. This is his breaking point. They are left with no home, no way of clearing out the debris (insurance did not factor that in) or rebuilding before winter sets in.

I tried telling him that this is just a temp bump in the road but he is not listening to that. We are going down there Saturday to look at everything on paper, there are things they can do to fight this.

BUT it is killing me inside. To hear the sadness and emptiness in my dads voice yesterday and knowing what his mental state is it worries me deeply.

I just want to fix everything but cant. So please any positive thoughts and prayers are so needed. Just pray that my hubby and I can help find a solution for all of this mess
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Restart July, 13 2014
 
Tuscany123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southwestern USA
Posts: 244

S/C/G: 214.5/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Morning my beautiful IPers <3

I am so so sad this morning. Yesterday my dad talked to their home owners insurance company and they are giving him a check but he needs to pay off the loan on the old house and when that is done he is left with about $30k to try to rebuild with. He has been out of work since Sept because he had back surgery.

He is so depressed. He suffers from manic depression and this was the straw that broke the camels back. This is his breaking point. They are left with no home, no way of clearing out the debris (insurance did not factor that in) or rebuilding before winter sets in.

I tried telling him that this is just a temp bump in the road but he is not listening to that. We are going down there Saturday to look at everything on paper, there are things they can do to fight this.

BUT it is killing me inside. To hear the sadness and emptiness in my dads voice yesterday and knowing what his mental state is it worries me deeply.

I just want to fix everything but cant. So please any positive thoughts and prayers are so needed. Just pray that my hubby and I can help find a solution for all of this mess
Ok, so now there's no home loan, so can he apply for a new one? The rates are still crazy low right now. He has $30,000 to use as a down payment, of at least part of it. I'm sending positive thoughts SarahBell, please don't despair. He needs to talk to a loan officer at one of his local banks or a mortgage broker near him.

God bless xxxxxx
__________________

One for every 5 gone!

-5, -5, -4, -3, -1.5, -2.5, +2
Tuscany123 is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Started IP 6-5-13
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Default

Good luck on your exam today Sarita!!!

Sarahbell, can he talk to FEMA about getting a temporary housing unit on his land until he can get his stuff together for a rebuild? We lived in one in our front yard for six months the winter after we lost our house while we waited on a decision from the city about whether we could rebuild. I don't know how it works in smaller disasters but we lost one third of our town so there were a lot of FEMA trailers in town and we had several FEMA parks. It might not be an option but he should check into it.
Also when we couldn't rebuild we were able to get a special loan for disaster victims, it allowed us to carry both mortgages at the same time when other loans wouldn't let us do it. We had to carry both mortgages for a year while we waited on our buyout. There should be a HUD representative he can talk to about that type of possibility.
__________________

Maintenance 10-13-13
CrystalWolf is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 920

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Good luck on your exam today Sarita!!!

Sarahbell, can he talk to FEMA about getting a temporary housing unit on his land until he can get his stuff together for a rebuild? We lived in one in our front yard for six months the winter after we lost our house while we waited on a decision from the city about whether we could rebuild. I don't know how it works in smaller disasters but we lost one third of our town so there were a lot of FEMA trailers in town and we had several FEMA parks. It might not be an option but he should check into it.
Also when we couldn't rebuild we were able to get a special loan for disaster victims, it allowed us to carry both mortgages at the same time when other loans wouldn't let us do it. We had to carry both mortgages for a year while we waited on our buyout. There should be a HUD representative he can talk to about that type of possibility.
OH thank you crystal wolf!!!! FEMA is not an option. How do we find a hud REP?? It just floors me how many large loopholes insurance companies have worked into their contracts. It is disgusting and heart breaking, the people who need them the most get screwed and take what they say because they are desperate for a home
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"

Last edited by sarahBell : 10-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Started IP 6-5-13
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
OH thank you crystal wolf!!!! FEMA is not an option. How do we find a hud REP?? It just floors me how many large loopholes insurance companies have worked into their contracts. It is disgusting and heart breaking, the people who need them the most get screwed and take what they say because they are desperate for a home
We had a disaster center where they had all of the agencies lined up, that is where I first heard about the type of loan. However I didn't need it for about 9 months and it was actually my loan officer at the bank who suggested we try it. He should ask his loan officer. The only problem is I don't know if the event has to be "certified" as a disaster to use this. It is a special FHA loan, we had to provide pictures of the flooded house and lots of extra information to qualify.

Here in Minot, only about 10% of people who had losses here were insured because our dikes would "protect" us and flood insurance wasn't mandatory. It seems like the folks who were insured came out worse than those of us who weren't.

He should also ask if there are any appeal options on his insurance's decision. I will look through some of my files and all of the literature I collected and see if I have anything that I think would be helpful to him.

I will keep your folks in my thoughts. The stress of everything caused me to gain 30 pounds on top of the 30 I already needed to lose.
__________________

Maintenance 10-13-13
CrystalWolf is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quick question! I did IP for about a month earlier this year and loved it! Life got in the way but I'm back this week! usually I enjoyed a drink for breakfast, but this morning felt like I needed something more. I made 4 egg whites. Does anyone know how much this would count towards my protein for the day?
kp0130 is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 920

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
We had a disaster center where they had all of the agencies lined up, that is where I first heard about the type of loan. However I didn't need it for about 9 months and it was actually my loan officer at the bank who suggested we try it. He should ask his loan officer. The only problem is I don't know if the event has to be "certified" as a disaster to use this. It is a special FHA loan, we had to provide pictures of the flooded house and lots of extra information to qualify.

Here in Minot, only about 10% of people who had losses here were insured because our dikes would "protect" us and flood insurance wasn't mandatory. It seems like the folks who were insured came out worse than those of us who weren't.

He should also ask if there are any appeal options on his insurance's decision. I will look through some of my files and all of the literature I collected and see if I have anything that I think would be helpful to him.

I will keep your folks in my thoughts. The stress of everything caused me to gain 30 pounds on top of the 30 I already needed to lose.

I am trying not to stress, easier said than done. I know you guys flood almost every spring, we send MSU and U of M students to help when we can

I called Iowa HUD division and explained the whole situation and she gave me the number for the Iowa Insurance Fraud and Investigations through the state. I told her that they 100% full replacement value of the home which was valued at $138K alone , plus there needs to be debris removal (I can promise you that a silo will NOT move itself from the trees in the front yard!) so I called my dad and gave him the number and he was looking for it yesterday, he is fighting mad and ready to battle this thing!

thank you for your sweet words and help!!
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,810

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

I am in the Right mindset.....
__________________
Bellamack is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,218

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Hi Lisa - how was the gym the other day? How often do you think you're going to go? I just watched the clip via IP in regards to weight resistance training and how important it is to maintain. Walking and other cardio is important but they seem to stress more about free weights / weight training. Maybe I'll focus on that when I go to the gym this evening.
I did Aqua classes Sunday and yesterday. I need to call them to make an appointment with a personal trainer (2 free!). I will be taking it verrrryyy slowly so as not to upset anything my PT is doing with my back rehab. So far after the Aqua classes my back is just fine.

I'm currently doing PT exercises 6-7 days/week and going to PT twice weekly. I'd like to start at the gym with 3-4 days/week, eventually moving to 5-6 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
Quick question! I did IP for about a month earlier this year and loved it! Life got in the way but I'm back this week! usually I enjoyed a drink for breakfast, but this morning felt like I needed something more. I made 4 egg whites. Does anyone know how much this would count towards my protein for the day?
4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites is dinner protein
or
2 egg whites has long been considered a 0/0/0 (carbs/sugar/fat) - which IP used to say was okay (anything 0/0/0)

4 egg whites, you'll have to "fudge" on your own a bit. You could count them as your morning packet this once & then move on. A packet equivalent is 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
Started IP May 17, 2013
 
Annik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 651

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Default

can someone poiht me in the direction of how to load before and after photos in the signature.

I've figured out how to load one but not the other.

I've searched the faq's and can't seem to find anything that addresses this.

thanks!
__________________



w1: 11 lbs; w2: 4 lbs; w3: 3.6 lbs; w4: 5 lbs; w5: 5 lbs;w6: 2.4 lbs; w7: 1.4lbs; w8: 6lbs ; w9: 1lb w10: 4.6 lbs w11: 0lbs w12: 5 lbs; w13: 2 lbs w14: 4 lbs ; w15: no w.i.; w16: 11.5 lbs ; w17: 1 lb; w18: 2.5 lbs; w19: 2 lbs; w20: .5; w21: no w.i.; w22: 9 lbs; w23: 3.5 lbs ...

No longer morbidly obese! Total loss now = 108 lbs. With thanks to the Ideal Protein Diet (a form of ketogenic nutrition)!

Low carb life is my liberation!

Annik is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,655

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Confused about this new product they're coming out with. The guidelines of when to eat it are vague and it is super high calorie/fat.

Raspberry Chocolaty Bar

"We have redefined the classic chocolate bar to bring you the Ideal Protein Raspberry Chocolaty Bar, a decadent reward for dieters on all phases, particularly dieters enjoying the freedom of Phase 4.

For dieters who tend to fall off the wagon, this is the one chocolate reward that is permitted as an occasional treat.

Soon you will be able to taste this new addition and we think you’ll simply love it!"

220 calories
15 grams of fat
14 grams of saturated fat
16 grams of carbs
2 grams of fiber
10 grams of sugar alcohols
10 grams of protein
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 920

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Question How did you determine your goal weight?

Ok I want to know how your goal weight was determined? Is it what you personally want to weight by Phase 4 and into maintenance?
Was it based on gaining some weight back when we get into a maintained phase for a little wiggle room?
Or was it recommended by your Dr. based on height and all of that stuff?

I am just curious to see how you decided what you want. I am comfy around 130-140 lbs. that is my comfort zone. Anything less than 130 is too thin for me personally. I am rethinking my goal weight to 135? is it wise to change it or just go with one number and shoot for the stars?
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Friday 9/27/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 87 09-28-2013 12:12 AM
IP Daily Chat Tuesday 6/11/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 56 06-12-2013 12:29 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2