Day 3 and going strong...

• So, today is my 3rd day on IP, and so far so good. However, yesterday was my BIGGEST challenge yet. I went to my aunt's house in Foster, RI because my boyfriend was helping fix her car. To say thank you for that, she cooked up a big lunch of baked ziti with meat sauce, pepperoni and covered with cheese (total yum), a side salad and Italian bread. Then, she made a couple of fruit breads afterwards (one apple, one date), which should be made into a candle, that's how good they smelled. After doing all that cooking and baking, she didn't have the energy to do anymore, so she sent me and my cousin to pick up a party pizza at Big Y for the guys for dinner (one side pepperoni and bacon, one side hamburger, onion and peppers). Smelled ridiculous!

After reading all that, you're probably thinking that I dove head first into every single delectable, delicious, stick-to-your-ribs kind of food that was listed, huh?

If you answered yes..................

You were wrong.

I stuck to my guns, and packed all of my food, supplements and IP products before setting foot in my boyfriend's car, and brought my water bottle with me. That baked ziti that my aunt made? When it came out of the oven, I took the biggest whiff I could, and that was enough. I sat at the couch watching tv, while everyone else was at the dining room table filling their stomachs, asking me if I was gonna have any. Was I tempted? You're damn right I was!! If I didn't want to get this weight off so bad, I wouldn't hesitate. But, as much as I love my aunt's cooking, I love myself even more to get where I want to be. And to know how big my support system is makes things that much easier. I only told a select few of my friends and family for now, and as time goes on, I'll clue in more people about what I'm doing. Some may understand, but I have a feeling that a couple won't. So I am waiting to see how far I can go with this before I tell more people.

And, it looks like I made the right decision going into this. Today before breakfast, I went in the bathroom, and stepped on my scale just for haha's. To my surprise, I was down 2.5 in the first 2 days! It makes me think that if I can lose 2.5 in 2 days, then how much will I get to when I weigh in on Saturday morning? Only time will tell...
  • Amazing! Wishing you the greatest success!
  • Fantastic! Way to stay strong.
  • Great job! In my experience it only gets easier to say no. I live in RI and come from a big Italian family that loves to cook and eat delicious food. At first I got why are you doing this? You have to live. And like you I've decided I love myself more than food! When I say no or pass something up I feel strong and in control! We went to Angelo's on the hill my first week of IP it was one of the hardest things I've done. I sat and watched everyone eating my favorite foods, but I stayed on program and that night solidified my determination to loose this weight!
    Keep up the great work, we will do this!
  • fantastic will power!! keep it up!!! we are all rooting for you!
  • That was an awesome victory, scottysgirl, Way To Go! This was a MAJOR NSV and my hat goes off to you. Will Power is an amazing tool and so are the boards so, I'm glad you came here to share your story and rather than indulge you stuck to your guns. That's when you know you're committed to weight loss. Listen, as you know, it's not an easy road but this will power only grows from each passing day, you got this!

Oh, and let us know when they make your aunts lasagna into a candle ; )

P.s. My answer would have been No; I got faith in ya sister!