Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #1  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Default Back after 2 1/2 years. I need encouragement.

Several years ago I lost 120 pounds on the Ideal Protein Diet in 7 months. I was 15 pounds from my goal weight and had never cheated. I started exercising and stopped losing weight. Stopped exercising because I thought that was the reason. I don't know what really happened after that, but I did not phase out. I have gained 80 pounds back and I am devastated. I want to get back into my size 8 jeans and like myself again. I started back on the diet on Friday and so far so good. I could not have accomplished this the last time without this forum. Thanks for being there.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #2  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Welcome back, the support here is amazing.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome back Rosemary and good luck on your restart!

Crystal - Wow on the progress photos! You look smashing!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #4  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Back! You can do this and you know how amazing you'll feel. Just put your head up and charge on!!
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #5  

Hi Rosemary

I did Atkins back in 2002-3 and lost 100 lbs. I never got to goal. I also never followed a maintenance plan and regained almost all of what I lost

When I started IP, I knew I'd need a maintenance plan and I focused on that from the get-go. I think it is what has kept me OP so long.

I tell you this to show you it CAN be done. We can come back for a second-try. And we CAN succeed!

You have helped me know I need to stick to it to goal, even tho I've been on a rather long slowdown (mostly stalled) and then continue thru to a plan of maintenance.

We can all do this together. There is strength in numbers.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Rosemary - Welcome Back! Don't fee ashamed or embarrassed; you're here and you're going to accomplish your goal so long as your head is in the game and it sounds like it is. It's great that you like to come to the forum because that will help you stay honest, focused and committed. No matter how long or short the journey; your fellow IP'ers are with you to cheer you on, pat you on the back or help dust you off if you fall. Glad you came back!
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #7  

welcome back - you can do this!! Just focus on small goals and worry about today, not where you were and where you should have been
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

hi Rosemary, I am wondering if you are the same Rosemary who was here when I first did IP. I was at the same time WUV (Lisa) and quite a number of people were starting. The Rosemary I am thinking of had the same issue I have, once I hit phase 3 the weight came flying back. It was because I can't handle grains and much dairy so phase off has to be different than for most people. But I haved learned how to handle better.. So just worry about phase1 for now and you will be surprised how quickly you will get back on track.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-21-2013 at 12:56 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #9  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Rosemary,

Welcome back. Though this is my first time on IP, it is not my first time losing weight. Every time I've lost, sadly I've regained....even more. Never in my life would I have dreamed that I would reach 287. For a long time before trying ip, I was actually reluctant to try losing weight because of my real fear that I would top 300 lbs.

At this stage of my life, I find myself thinking a lot about my Uncle M who was an alcoholic. Took him many years to conquer that demon but he finally did. I only ever knew him as a recovered alcoholic. Now with my own struggles with weight loss, I am starting to understand why he never came to family gatherings. There was always alcohol served.

From the outset of going on ip, I've approached it with a study of how I am going to do maintenance. My body simply can't handle the old approach so I really am working on completely parting ways with some of the old foods I used to enjoy so much. I really do think I have got to completely and forever old turkey them. It is just so evident that I am super sensitive to some of them and they end up helping me pile the weight back on.

It is like I have moved to a new country. I don't want to go back to the old one...not even for holidays!

Glad to have you here with us!

Annik
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #10  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

welcome back Rosemary. All of us have lost and regained. The best thing is that IP does work. You have lots of support here. I know you will do well. Good luck on Phase 1.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/247/160

Height: 5'1

Default Rosemary2612

Welcome back ! I am new to the forum myself , You are correct though this is an awesome support forum. I myself have about 80-90 to lose. I am in my second week and weigh in tomorrow .. If I can be of any help please let me know ..
Let us check on each other and check in with each other so we have to be accountable.. have a great Ideal day!
darlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Welcome back Rosemary. I agree with Malie, most of us have lost and regained at least once. I think losing is hard work but perhaps the biggest challenge of all is maintenance.
You can do it, I look forward to seeing your posts
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Rosemary

I'm an old timer as well who has put on a whole bunch of weight back on mostly in my middle, which is making me extremely uncomfortable. I also discovered as someone else had mentioned that I can't do many grains at all, so my maintenance has to be modified too. We're just not all cut from the same cloth, so there is no way the phase off is going to work perfectly for all of us without tweaking it for some of us out there.

I'm starting up again the very beginning of November. Ordered my food and
have started extra water, slowing down on sugar and alcohol, so the first three days can be as easy as possible. I can tell my head is already there, so that's a good sign. I had no problem first time around, so I'm hoping I can just do this. Let's keep encouraging each other! I'll be there for you :0)
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #14  

Grain-free is really a "thing" for many of us
I just re-started P3 today (long story but I'm cycling on/off P1 due to thyroid health).

I'll gather the info I have and start a grain-free (or gluten-free) P3 breakfast thread sometime this week. This should be helpful for many as they look toward the future.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote