3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 11/19 - Sun 11/20/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288811-ip-weekend-chat-sat-11-19-sun-11-20-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 10-19-2013 08:24 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 11/19 - Sun 11/20/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

sonolady 10-19-2013 08:27 AM

Good morning all!!! Sending out IP POWER!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

lisa32989 10-19-2013 08:49 AM

:yawn:
Late nite last nite in a bar a block from Busch Stadium watching the Cardinals win yet another spot in the World Series :dancer:
Spoiled baseball fan right here!

Know what I love about this diet?
I can do my own thing.
Had my red Mio (I restrict it b/c it bothers my stomach but last nite was an exception). Perused the menu in advance. Stayed on plan. Was the DD. My fun factor wasn't lessened one iota.

Not one.

It's not about the food or what I'm drinking. It is about the experience.

It is all in the attitude.

If I walked in thinking I'd be missing something, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much. Instead, I know what I GAIN by staying OP: the self respect of self control.

If you had told me last May (2012), when I decided I'd start this journey in late July, that I'd STILL be on this diet & not yet reached goal 15 months later :tantrum: I would have told you I'd never have stayed away from alcohol this long. But you know what? Every day of self control, of mind over matter, of strengthened willpower, has made me STRONGER than I ever thought I'd be.

DH and I discussed my next phase off/on for thyroid health last nite. The debate/discussion (debate only in my head) is whether to keep my current plan of another 2013 cycle or to stay phased off until 2014 for a longer break for the thyroid. Plan is to get some medial tests to help with the determination.

Nothing is impossible.
Someone once told me "Impossible just takes longer"
Stalls can be broken. Especially if we can find out what is REALLY causing them.
Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm off to print my World Series tickets for Game 4 next Sunday in St Louis. I think this calls for a new shirt. My 2011 WS shirt is a XXL. The one I bought for Game 1 of the NLCS is a L but I didn't try it on & it's too big.
Since it's OCTOBER and it got down to 46 last nite, I'm thinking I need a new red hoodie (gave away my XXL). That and some Under Armour (and not the "spanx" type!)

I love this diet!

sonolady 10-19-2013 08:54 AM

Lisa woo hoo! Good for you! Its looking like your team and my home team maybe playing each other! I'm not a sports fan of any means but it is good to see the home teams do well.

You look amazing!!

WillowVee 10-19-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4865788)
:yawn:

If I walked in thinking I'd be missing something, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much. Instead, I know what I GAIN by staying OP: the self respect of self control.

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes! Real life means making choices every day...every meal! It's about mindfulness and self-awareness. It's about looking inside and asking "why am I making this particular choice?" And being honest with the answer. Because everything is a choice. Even when it seems when it's out of our control, it never ever is. I'm in control. I decide. And if I give that control away, I'm only hurting myself.

I can do anything 10-19-2013 09:12 AM

Lisa- That is great, what a wonderful attitude!

I was talking to my mom last night and she mentioned that celery was high in sodium. I have never thought about the sodium content in veggies. I was wondering if anyone thought about how this may effect weight loss and/or ways to circumvent this.

65X65 10-19-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/viewpost.gif
Good evening all. Today I have been studying all day in advance of the examination. I feel strong about it, which is nice. Am finishing up after posting and then am going to watch some TV and go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

I took my flashcards (on my phone, via an app - really cool) and went for a long walk today around SF's Golden Gate Park. It was really just a stroll, but I enjoyed it. I walked 7 miles, studying, mumbling to myself. I stopped for a hot tea and a relax in the De Young Art Museum's courtyard, surrounded by art. It was a very nice way to study.

Tonight, the boyfriend invited me to Thanksgiving at his parents in AZ. I was going to meet his family in April in St. Maarten, but now the meeting date is being moved up. I am very excited and nervous. :)

Big Question! - what IP foods do peeps take on the plane? I wasn't planning on checking baggage but need to have food on my flight next Friday (8+ hour flight). Thoughts? Thanks!

Sarita- Thinking of you and sending good vibes for your exams.:hug: You have worked so hard at so much for months now...it is almost over and you deserve a real block of time with family, days away and time to celebrate all you have done! It's right around the corner! Don't know you except on this board, but honestly feel like you are one of my sisters or daughters and really really hope the next few days go well, and you can relax at last!

As for the air travel, as you probably know I do plenty of that visiting my sisters (4 of them) and daughters (2 of them)... on a regular basis

I take packets and shaker in my carry on bag. My family picks up EAS drinks at Walmart or where ever and there is a quick supply ready and waiting for me in both the kitchen and guest room when I arrive. Simple! It makes being away in that setting stress free. My daughters know what select veggies I like and need now and they get lettuce and the veggies for salad that are on my list and make sure there is enough frozen spinach and broccoli and cauli, and eggs on hand when I arrive too in case we run out of something and have more important activities on the day's agenda than going to the store!! Initially when I began IP, I asked them to pick up enough for the first day or two for me. My family was supportive and it made it easy being at their homes, and staying "On Plan". Also I picked up a bag of the plain "perdue perfect portions" boneless chicken breasts individually wrapped and frozen, and a bag of frozen shrimp once I got there, so no matter what the family wanted to eat, I had a ready stash of protein I could quickly fix if needed. (Turned out I did not ever need to use those because of that situation. All dinners were IP appropriate, since every one loves steak or grilled fish or pork loins...etc.) You'll be fine...just plan for when your neices and nephews want pizza or spaghetti...and you will come back happy you were able to stay OP! The worst that can happen is no one can go to the store ahead of time for you...so being assertive about needing to make a run as soon as you get settled should be no different, and just as important, as someone else traveling with a young child that needs to get special things stocked once they arrive.

Have a wonderful well deserved romp :bravo: with all of your loved ones...roll on the floor..skip down the sidewalk...talk way into the night with your mom and laugh a lot!
:jig:
kathie

lisa32989 10-19-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I can do anything (Post 4865802)
I was talking to my mom last night and she mentioned that celery was high in sodium. I have never thought about the sodium content in veggies. I was wondering if anyone thought about how this may effect weight loss and/or ways to circumvent this.

Another wonderful thing about Ketosis is that it can have a dehydrating effect so I haven't had to worry about sodium. That is why IP makes sure we ADD salt. So we don't get too depleted and can retain and use the water we need effectively. I'm all-for the naturally-occurring sodium! I have MUCH more problems with the processed stiff in restaurant meals. THAT is what bloats me.

Ruth Ann 10-19-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4865810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/viewpost.gif
Good evening all. Today I have been studying all day in advance of the examination. I feel strong about it, which is nice. Am finishing up after posting and then am going to watch some TV and go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

Big Question! - what IP foods do peeps take on the plane? I wasn't planning on checking baggage but need to have food on my flight next Friday (8+ hour flight). Thoughts? Thanks!

Good luck on the exams Sarita! Be nice to get those out of the way before the holidays. You've been so diligent about preparing, I'll bet you ace them!

To take on the plane with you - you might consider taking a salad in a bag or a container with cut up chicken breasts. Cucumbers, pickles, etc. travel pretty well (although pickles can get messy). Or make some cauliflower popcorn.

nolasmurf 10-19-2013 09:55 AM

Did we skip a month while I was sleeping? ;)
Check thread title.

I had a busy but not crazy day at work yesterday. Got to bed around 2, slept like a baby listeningt I the rain. 100 %OP yesterday, even tho I was craving a candy bar. Off to find coffee :dizzy:

vachinyc 10-19-2013 10:02 AM

Good Morning IPers!

Thanks for the food for thought Lisa. I'm not quite 'there' yet with the alcohol, but I'm encouraged that I might one day get there. I can go out with friends now and stay on plan but in terms of the wine, I am still wistful, and feeling like I'm missing a little something. The good news for me is that I can go though, and have a pretty good time, and stay IP. I find that the wistful feeling doesn't last long. (And congrats on the WS...so fun!)

I loved your 'study-walk' Sarita. That sounds like it was a nice, but productive change of pace. Good luck with the exams. And the trip to see family.

I'm super snarky with the scale today. Weigh in feels like a 'grade' of sorts and I'm having a little bout of the big C, and by the time I got to the clinic, I weighed 2 lbs more than at home. Grrr! Ah well, it is only one moment in time, and I lost some lbs, and inches. Onward!

Wishing everyone IP POWER!

MelissaKate73 10-19-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4865833)
Did we skip a month while I was sleeping? ;)
Check thread title.

I had a busy but not crazy day at work yesterday. Got to bed around 2, slept like a baby listeningt I the rain. 100 %OP yesterday, even tho I was craving a candy bar. Off to find coffee :dizzy:

Lol!!!! I didn't even notice it! Too funny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4865810)
Quote:

I took my flashcards (on my phone, via an app - really cool) and went for a long walk today around SF's Golden Gate Park. It was really just a stroll, but I enjoyed it. I walked 7 miles, studying, mumbling to myself. I stopped for a hot tea and a relax in the De Young Art Museum's courtyard, surrounded by art. It was a very nice way to study.

Tonight, the boyfriend invited me to Thanksgiving at his parents in AZ. I was going to meet his family in April in St. Maarten, but now the meeting date is being moved up. I am very excited and nervous. :)

Sarita- Thinking of you and sending good vibes for your exams.:hug: You have worked so hard at so much for months now...it is almost over and you deserve a real block of time with family, days away and time to celebrate all you have done! It's right around the corner! Don't know you except on this board, but honestly feel like you are one of my sisters or daughters and really really hope the next few days go well, and you can relax at last!

As for the air travel, as you probably know I do plenty of that visiting my sisters (4 of them) and daughters (2 of them)... on a regular basis

I take packets and shaker in my carry on bag. My family picks up EAS drinks at Walmart or where ever and there is a quick supply ready and waiting for me in both the kitchen and guest room when I arrive. Simple! It makes being away in that setting stress free. My daughters know what select veggies I like and need now and they get lettuce and the veggies for salad that are on my list and make sure there is enough frozen spinach and broccoli and cauli, and eggs on hand when I arrive too in case we run out of something and have more important activities on the day's agenda than going to the store!! Initially when I began IP, I asked them to pick up enough for the first day or two for me. My family was supportive and it made it easy being at their homes, and staying "On Plan". Also I picked up a bag of the plain "perdue perfect portions" boneless chicken breasts individually wrapped and frozen, and a bag of frozen shrimp once I got there, so no matter what the family wanted to eat, I had a ready stash of protein I could quickly fix if needed. (Turned out I did not ever need to use those because of that situation. All dinners were IP appropriate, since every one loves steak or grilled fish or pork loins...etc.) You'll be fine...just plan for when your neices and nephews want pizza or spaghetti...and you will come back happy you were able to stay OP! The worst that can happen is no one can go to the store ahead of time for you...so being assertive about needing to make a run as soon as you get settled should be no different, and just as important, as someone else traveling with a young child that needs to get special things stocked once they arrive.

Have a wonderful well deserved romp :bravo: with all of your loved ones...roll on the floor..skip down the sidewalk...talk way into the night with your mom and laugh a lot!
:jig:
kathie

Kathie, I just have to say that you always post such supportive, helpful, and encouraging things. Seriously, you should consider being an IP coach!!!!

And, Sarita, I wish you the best on your exam. Can I ask what it's for? And when it is? I teach at a university, and I wish I could bring you in to explain to my students about juggling work, studying, and fun time. You seem to have a really healthy balance.....and trust me, this is a rare quality!

Nothing new or exciting here. Just plugging along staying OP. My kids are gone to their dad's house until tomorrow morning, so I will be spending a thrilling Saturday pressure washing my house. Don't be jealous! Lol.

WillowVee 10-19-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 (Post 4865844)
Nothing new or exciting here. Just plugging along staying OP. My kids are gone to their dad's house until tomorrow morning, so I will be spending a thrilling Saturday pressure washing my house. Don't be jealous! Lol.

I'm a little envious of the pressure washing...it'll look so great when it's finished. I'll be raking the driveway this morning. We have monster poplar trees with plate-sized leaves that are about 3 inches deep. I'd love to pressure wash those babies away. :)

KareVT 10-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4865788)
Know what I love about this diet?
I can do my own thing. Perused the menu in advance. Stayed on plan. Was the DD. My fun factor wasn't lessened one iota.

Not one.

It's not about the food or what I'm drinking. It is about the experience.

Nothing is impossible.
Someone once told me "Impossible just takes longer"
Stalls can be broken. Especially if we can find out what is REALLY causing them.
Happy Saturday everyone!

I love this diet!

Hi Lisa ~ SO much of what you said today rings true and I shall have it resonate with me all day! Attitude is HUGE and in order for us to be successful we must first be completely dedicated to ourselves and in this. You hit the nail on the head "We gain self respect by staying in control" - ABSOLUTELY! Thank you for this reminder. And yes, the stalls, I am experiencing them this week - while a .4lb loss wasn't something to celebrate about, the 2" loss was quite heavenly to the ears. Appreciate you always putting it all into perspective.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowVee (Post 4865800)
Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes! Real life means making choices every day...every meal! It's about mindfulness and self-awareness. It's about looking inside and asking "why am I making this particular choice?" And being honest with the answer. Because everything is a choice. Even when it seems when it's out of our control, it never ever is. I'm in control. I decide. And if I give that control away, I'm only hurting myself.

Hi Willow - Nice entry and very inspiring to read! Everything is a choice and we are in control; you couldn't be more accurate and I love this reminder b/c it's all about taking ownership and empowering ourselves to stay in check. AND, I do not want to hurt myself thus I pinky swear that I will try my hardest never to giveaway any control. Amen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4865840)
Good Morning IPers!
The good news for me is that I can go though, and have a pretty good time, and stay IP. I find that the wistful feeling doesn't last long. (And congrats on the WS...so fun!)

I'm super snarky with the scale today. Weigh in feels like a 'grade' of sorts and I'm having a little bout of the big C, and by the time I got to the clinic, I weighed 2 lbs more than at home. Grrr! Ah well, it is only one moment in time, and I lost some lbs, and inches. Onward!

Wishing everyone IP POWER!

Hi vachinyc - I too am feeling a bit snarky with a .4lb loss this AM but I chose quickly not to let that make me feel blue and just embrace any sort of loss. I admit, ALL the remarks that I've read on this forum came top of mind and made me smile - while the large losses help with feeling super motivated, it's also staying in the rhythm of things that keep me inspired and empowered as well. So, a BIG kudos to all of us for staying OP and holding onto that magical IP POWER that continues to be sprinkled about and shared by all of you lovely people! :dust:

Lastly - a big shout out to all of you kind folks who responded to me yesterday within the 10-18 Daily Thread in regards to The Wrap story.

Prairie Chix - you're right; it was nothing but "weight reduction voodoo", HA!

Airportchill11, Lilkell244, CrystalWolf, Schenectady and anyone else whom I may have forgotten, I just read your feedback from yesterday and all rings home. Thanks for sharing!

Schenectady - Congrats to your daughter who lost 50lbs, that's a dream of mine! Glad that she is a source of inspiration for you ~ that's lovely that you share in her happiness. You too will find similar successes as well, you already have.

Lilkel244 - Can't wait for you to reach your first goal and purchase the Urban Decay Naked Eye Shadow palette; I just looked at it the other day in the makeup store and thought of ya, it's beautiful and you deserve something special for all of your success. You Go Girl!

Thanks to all who have shared, yet again, little tips on food to bring while traveling. I'm headed out of town next weekend with limited access to a stove and home cooked meals (staying in a hotel) SO, I intend to go armed with a cooler and load it up with all the yummy IP friendly stuff. And, LISA, you gave a fantastic suggestion of bringing a Brita along with, I never thought of that, thank you ~ HUGE money saver right there !:carrot:

purplepetunia 10-19-2013 12:22 PM

Hi everyone,

Such wonderful vibes here today!!! Wishing you all a great day ahead and a terrific weekend :hug: