Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #46  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Thanks vachinyc and slipfree! It went great. I got a genuine double take, a "you look nice dear" and "where did you put the rest of you?" After he and my daughter dropped me back at my friend's shower he also commented about it to her.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #47  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default OP again

I have floundered going rogue, returning to IP then switching to Paleo, and basically all over the board. Paleo gave me lots of energy and my hair and skin looked better but I wasn't abstaining from alcohol and the weight loss was too slow. Also, I've had problems with arthritis and skin breakouts that I believed were due to whey protein. Which is why I tried other routes but, I want to try IP again because weight loss is so successful.

Went to IP office yesterday to buy products and try on my own to see if pain comes back, hopefully not. Learned the month of October is free to rejoin, no startup fee. So, I got weighed and measured, which I wasn't planning. I really want to lose this weight! Went to a party last night and stayed OP, no alcohol of course! I feel so good this morning!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #48  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Deana

Enjoy that coat! My 2 I got "poppin tags" are at the cleaners so I'll be ready for the big chill.

I'm with you on the umbrella. I carry too much stuff in & out of multiple sites every day to keep an umbrella too. Jacket with a hood is essential for me!

Here's my recent NSV
I've gotten so used to the stall that I've stayed off the scale so I don't get discouraged. I DID weigh this week before another phase cycle. It's still stuck.
But I noticed my pants seem like they are getting bigger.

Know how I'm always that the scale isn't the only way to gauge fat loss?
How about 1.5" off my waist and 2" off my hips

Someday the scale will join the not-stalled party but until then, ANY positive (or in this case negative -as in "going down") feedback will do!

The moral? Don't forget the measuring tape & don't give up on the smaller you!

Later this morning I'm heading over to a nearby gym to join. If the scale doesn't want to move, there are other ways to burn fat. Since I'll be adding P3 carbs again, I think it's time. Plus my back seems to have made it over some invisible threshold & I am now having multiple pain-free days in a row (unfortunately this morning isn't one of them)

On sooo many levels, persistence pays!
Yeay Lisa Yeay! You have such a positive attitude, it's contagious. Your perspective is so realistic and THAT sets you up for success. This was a nice entry for me to read this AM as I too am hitting a bit of a stall phase however, the inches were down and I forget at times that, inches count (very much) in this process. I can't wait for the scale to catch up to the "party" but until then, I enjoy your reminders re: "the scale isn't the only way to gauge fat loss" - I quickly forget when I'm in the heat of weighing-in at the center.

And, what a great time of year to join a gym, good for you! It's not too cold yet and the snow hasn't fallen so you'll get yourself into the groove of going and at times when the weather makes it a bit more difficult to get there, you'll still go. I too have serious lower back and neck issues and I try to manage it through losing weight and strengthening my core and back muscles. Are you considering yoga at all? I am however, for now, it's the treadmill and elliptical and free weights. Enjoy getting your gym-on and don't forget to bring some music if that encourages you to keep going

Btw, Deana & Lisa: Congrats on the NSV size drop; woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Thanks vachinyc and slipfree! It went great. I got a genuine double take, a "you look nice dear" and "where did you put the rest of you?" After he and my daughter dropped me back at my friend's shower he also commented about it to her.
CrystalWolf - Thrilled to hear that you received some much deserved NSV feedback from your family, yeah! You've worked so hard; love to hear this.. That must have made you feel absolutely fabulous!!! Hold on to that feeling and don't ever let it go. This is the new & healthy you ~ congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I have floundered going rogue, returning to IP then switching to Paleo, and basically all over the board. Paleo gave me lots of energy and my hair and skin looked better but I wasn't abstaining from alcohol and the weight loss was too slow. Also, I've had problems with arthritis and skin breakouts that I believed were due to whey protein. Which is why I tried other routes but, I want to try IP again because weight loss is so successful.

Went to IP office yesterday to buy products and try on my own to see if pain comes back, hopefully not. Learned the month of October is free to rejoin, no startup fee. So, I got weighed and measured, which I wasn't planning. I really want to lose this weight! Went to a party last night and stayed OP, no alcohol of course! I feel so good this morning!!!
Sekc14 - Welcome back and good for you for the rejoin; it's never too late and sometimes that type of experiment is necessary in order to pull in the reigns and figure out what's best for you and your body. Glad there was no start up fee and congrats for your NSV and staying OP last night - glad you feel awesome this AM, it's worth it to stay 100% OP Glad you're back on track.

Last edited by KareVT; 10-20-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #49  

Quote:

Welcome back!
Doesn't it feel great to exercise the self control muscle? That feeling of "doing it" in the face of challenges is exhilarating!
Congrats!

We really CAN do it.

What I'm learning, in that ever-clear 20/20 hindsight is that all the times in my life I thought I couldn't stick to a plan, it was really that I wouldn't, for whatever reason. It was truly a mental block. I certainly would never have admitted it at the time because it wasn't a conscious thought. My consciousness was on-board but something inside wasn't.

This weight loss thing is NOT a physical challenge, it is a mental one.

It isn't a competition with others, it is a battle we fight within ourselves. Everyone would like to stick to the plan and get off the weight quickly. Not everyone does. Some take a break and try again. I'm so glad you're back.

Whatever it takes. I know for me, I had to have my head on straight and an all-in attitiude with a razor sharp commitment. Besides, if I can't keep a commitment to myself, how do I ever expect to take care of anyone else?

You're starting right before the big holiday push. It is never too early to start planning for all of those holiday obstacles. There will be many. We can get thru anything with a plan to stay OP!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #50  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
NSV - It's been rainy here in Ohio, and I am tired of dragging my umbrella around, so I went to Goodwill to look for a rain jacket. I found one that didn't look too shabby, and it was an XL (I wear a 2X usually) and it was a LITTLE snug on the hips, but I could zip it!! I bought it and was so excited!
Yeah for you Deana! Don't you love finding out that smaller sizes fit? You're doing so great, keep it up!

Quote:
Here's my recent NSV
I've gotten so used to the stall that I've stayed off the scale so I don't get discouraged. I DID weigh this week before another phase cycle. It's still stuck.

Someday the scale will join the not-stalled party but until then, ANY positive (or in this case negative -as in "going down") feedback will do!

The moral? Don't forget the measuring tape & don't give up on the smaller you!
Inches count! (now, who did I learn that from??) Congrats on downward movement, soon that smashing dress you bought will have to be tailored!

Quote:
That is awesome Crystal.

Quote:
Went to a party last night and stayed OP, no alcohol of course! I feel so good this morning!!!
Yeah for you for navigating through a party and staying OP. Hang in there and you'll be at goal before you know it.

Lots of stress this weekend but I'm glad the one thing I don't have to worry about is what I'm going to eat. Got that covered and just need to remember to breath!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #51  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
We really CAN do it.

What I'm learning, in that ever-clear 20/20 hindsight is that all the times in my life I thought I couldn't stick to a plan, it was really that I wouldn't, for whatever reason. It was truly a mental block. I certainly would never have admitted it at the time because it wasn't a conscious thought. My consciousness was on-board but something inside wasn't.

This weight loss thing is NOT a physical challenge, it is a mental one.

Whatever it takes. I know for me, I had to have my head on straight and an all-in attitude with a razor sharp commitment. Besides, if I can't keep a commitment to myself, how do I ever expect to take care of anyone else?

It is never too early to start planning for all of those holiday obstacles. There will be many. We can get thru anything with a plan to stay OP!
Lisa - You are on such a roll this AM, what else did you put in your coffee; I want some too!

You're words speak the truth. "An all-in attitude w/ a razor sharp commitment"; I knew I was serious this time with my weight-loss efforts when something clicked within and I knew that I was ready to fight this head-on, it was nothing but full steam ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Inches count! (now, who did I learn that from??)

Lots of stress this weekend but I'm glad the one thing I don't have to worry about is what I'm going to eat. Got that covered and just need to remember to breath!
RuthAnn, now I wonder, let me think about that one, Hmmm. Didn't take me very long to know you were speaking @Lisa -

Sorry for the stress you endured this week but I am glad that you had the program to turn to and that it was clear that even during bouts of stress, you knew what to eat. That's a HUGE NSV; bravo & hugs!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #52  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Well, as I contemplated returning to IP I had to seriously wonder if I wanted to return to the clinic. I decided I am giving going rogue a try with all of you roguesters and doing alternatives. I can always go back to the clinic if I need to but what I am really "worried" about is that I will miss desperately some of my IP favorites! I have not ever had a day on IP without the crispy cereal and from what I have been able to gather there is nothing out there as a duplicate. I also think the IP puddings have a better texture than the alts and hope the alts will still make a good spinach shake.
I have never eaten the IP Crispy Cereal, but I love the Proti-Diet honey nut and chocolate soy cereals! Any of the puddings seem to have a gritty consistency, but it is not horrible. I personally do not like the aftertaste of some IP puddings. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Must say that I admire your positive attitudes. Had my second weigh in today and my total pounds worked away are 13.5 so far.
YAY! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Just had the chocolate banana bread. So yummy!!
Wow. I must try this. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlac View Post
WOW ! So inspiring .... I am new to IP and the thread. I had my first weigh in and lost 7lbs in first week!
Congrats! Those first losses are so motivating. Keep it up and you'll reach your goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Question for everyone.....when did you notice the hormonal-type effects (hair loss, more emotional, irregular periods, etc) of this diet?.
I can definitely vouch for the irreg periods on this diet, ugh!!! I take relatively high-dose oral contraceptives to regulate heavy flow, and TWICE since starting (late August), my TOM has started right in the middle of a pack! In other words, two times per month! Ugh! I should buy stock in Kotex LOL! Having a hard time right now, and the doc is changing me to a lower dose pill, but I know it is only temporary. I don't experience the migraines, but I have had headaches in general. I sure hope you can get some relief soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
NSV - It's been rainy here in Ohio, and I am tired of dragging my umbrella around, so I went to Goodwill to look for a rain jacket. I found one that didn't look too shabby, and it was an XL (I wear a 2X usually) and it was a LITTLE snug on the hips, but I could zip it!! I bought it and was so excited!
Awesome! Those NSV's are so motivating and exciting. Hoping you get a few more rainy days to rock that new jacket!

Quote:
Here's my recent NSV

WTG Lisa! You are always so inspiring, and I am proud of your determination. Thanks for being willing to share your strength and experiences with us. I am looking forward to those inches coming off- those numbers mean more to me than the scale. Keep up the good work, and go Cards!

Quote:
Awesome! So exciting! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Welcome back, and congrats on your successes at the party last night! Well done!

Happy Sunday, all! Today was WI #8, and I was thrilled to see the scale down 2.8 more pounds. I am now officially out of the 160's! Really hoping to be in Phase Two by Thanksgiving! (I can handle just turkey and veg this year if it means a happier, healthier me!) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Renee
Old 10-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #53  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
RuthAnn, now I wonder, let me think about that one, Hmmm. Didn't take me very long to know you were speaking @Lisa -

Sorry for the stress you endured this week but I am glad that you had the program to turn to and that it was clear that even during bouts of stress, you knew what to eat. That's a HUGE NSV; bravo & hugs!
LOL Kare - give that lady a prize! And thanks for the nice words.

I am a big fan of pre-planning. Like to have my week all planned out so it's just "grab and go." Of course, plans change and stuff comes up (hey, that's life) but back up plans and stashed packets have always seen me through.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #54  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
I feel your pain! I miss cheese terribly! I actually tried those IP cheese crisp chip-like things today hoping that they would satisfy the craving, but no luck. I threw them away after eating 3 of them. Oh well. We can do this even without our beloved cheese!

Question for everyone.....when did you notice the hormonal-type effects (hair loss, more emotional, irregular periods, etc) of this diet? How long were you OP before you started to see the issues? I ask, because although I have had migraines off and on since I was a teenager, I haven't had one in about a year since I stopped taking birth control pills. I began to suspect that the hormones in the BC pills were triggering migraines, so I stopped taking them. Sure enough, I went from having a migraine several times a month, to NONE in the last year. Well.....today I got one. I can't help but wonder if this one is related to fat loss. I've actually worried some about whether the fat in my body is storing more androgenic or estrogenic hormones, because I worried about the possibility of estrogenic hormones inducing migraines. But it just seems wayyyy too soon. I'm not even 3 full weeks OP yet. I've only lost about 8 pounds. Maybe it's just a fluke. I hope it is. I do NOT relish the idea of these happening more often if they're weight loss related.
I suffered from migraines prior to IP. They were debilitating and my quality of life was seriously affected by them. My migraines stopped almost immediately when I started IP. I have had a couple of bad headaches since starting, but my migraines are gone. I am menopausal and taking estrogen. I noticed my hot flashes and night sweats also disappeared, but they returned after about 6 weeks (that is a guess, since I don't remember for sure). It is my understanding that burning fat releases estrogen and this causes a lot of hormonal symptoms, which include headaches, moodiness, bloating, body temperature changes, dry skin, etc....in my case it offered a brief respite from these symptoms. I also notice that my hot flashes and night sweats are less frequent.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #55  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Anyone know an online site that sells actual IP products? That ships to Canada? Thanks!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Anyone know an online site that sells actual IP products? That ships to Canada? Thanks!
I haven't found one but you may have some luck between ebay and a local site like Kijiji - I've seen IP food listed for sale there.

CrystalWolf - can I just say that I *love* your picture, you look fantastic!!!

Good Sunday morning all! Been a busy weekend so far.

NSV for me yesterday - we had a hockey parent party last night, a chance for the new hockey parents to get to meet the coaches and everyone else and there was so much yummy food but - none that was IP friendly! I ate before I went and quite happily drank my water and nibbled on a caramel nut bar for my snack. Before IP, I'm sure I would have had a taste of everything, lol!

Another family is taking my son to the hockey practice this afternoon so I'll be able to get some work done, it's going to be a tough week at work this week so I've got a bit to do before tomorrow. And that doesn't include laundry, vacuuming or getting some groceries

Oh well, happy Sunday!
Jo
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Down 4 pounds in the last 3 days after staying the same for a couple weeks...SO glad I trusted this diet and didn't fall off the wagon...I sure was discouraged there for a bit. Proof that I need to just stay OP and have trust in this protocol.
Happy Sunday everyone!! Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #58  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Down 4 pounds in the last 3 days after staying the same for a couple weeks...SO glad I trusted this diet and didn't fall off the wagon...I sure was discouraged there for a bit. Proof that I need to just stay OP and have trust in this protocol.
That is awesome news!

Congrats to everyone with the good weighins and NSVs.

Hugs and will power to everyone struggling today.

Thanks purplemomster, I took vachinyc's IP confidence advice after my near meltdown over my hair, finished getting ready and told my dd to take my picture quick!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Heee Haaaa!! THat is so cool congrats!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #60  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
I feel your pain! I miss cheese terribly! I actually tried those IP cheese crisp chip-like things today hoping that they would satisfy the craving, but no luck. I threw them away after eating 3 of them. Oh well. We can do this even without our beloved cheese!

I miss my cheese too! Thus I have researched and been planning a primal lifestyle after IP. They allow dairy if you can tolerate it and I can. Remember this is just a temporary phase, soon you will be in another phase. Good luck.

Question for everyone.....when did you notice the hormonal-type effects (hair loss, more emotional, irregular periods, etc) of this diet? How long were you OP before you started to see the issues?
Well I think it was either my fifth or sixth week when I noticed a hormonal type change, that being having TOM (I hadn't had one in three years!) I had nead constant migraines before starting IP, had a few the first few weeks but none after my fifth week. If yours are triggered by the hormones though it makes sense that you could continue to have them through the entire plan because hormones are stored in our fat and when we lose fat that releases the hormones back into our bodies to be 'used.' Also on the flip side, when I went off the diet to get my LDL to go down for a work screening, that's when my hair started falling out. Not before that phase off had I noticed it. I wish you good luck with the migraines, I know how they can ruin your life

Quote:
Deana

Enjoy that coat! My 2 I got "poppin tags" are at the cleaners so I'll be ready for the big chill.
Deana congrats on the new raincoat, soon you will be finding it a bit loose and you will enjoy that feeling so so much. You are rockin this program.

Lisa congrats on finding (I think is how I am reading it) some great deals! I loved my old coat so much that I took it to my seamstress and asked if she could work any magic with it. As she had me put it on she was amazed at how huge it had become since last winter. I just got it back on Friday and it is still awesome! I love my coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
I sure don't know of any, I wish I knew a site that would sell IP products, I still miss and crave my crispy cereal, I too ate it every morning while I was with a coach. And there is nothing out here in the alternative universe that I found that is like it one bit. I have gone to using the Weight Loss Systems by Nashua Nutrition - Cinnamon Crunch Cereal and eating it dry. I feel like an adult baby eating my 'cheerios' but they are tasty and I like them!

So I posted last Sunday or Monday that I was making myself stay/ get back fully on phase 1 and I have now broken through what ever mental emotional barrier I seemed to be dealing with the first two weeks of October. Happy to report I am down 7.2 pounds in my first week back! Just so happy to be back to this state of mind. I can't stress enough how much this really all is a mental game, and if you can't get your mind in the right place, its at least not going to be easy at all.

NSV - yesterday at work had someone that looked like a complete stranger say "By the way Denise, you are really looking awesome, what ever your doing it's really paid off" and she walked off with her son. my coworker turned to me and asked who that was and I replied "I have no idea, never seen her before" and she said "You must have because how else would she know your name? Your not wearing a name tag today!"
Also another friend asked me when I was going to stop dieting, as I a "so small now" ... after gaining so much while I was phased off, I sure don't feel too small but it felt nice to hear it.

Talking about that I gained, should I update my ticker with the 'added pounds' I keep debating in my head my so called 'reasons' for either leaving it till I get back to that number or changing it to the current number. Please?
Closed Thread