Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I am waiting on my shipment of vitamins and so I'm out of half of them, and my body just aches.... I wonder if its from not taking the supplements (though its only been 2 days).... I am about ready to hop in my car and go to walmart to find some to replace mine until I can get mine in from my coach...
Get some potssium and some magnesium at Walmart. That should tide you over & make the aches go away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Anyone notice that the chocolate pudding has like ZERO taste to it?! I am going to try adding some vanilla in it. Yesterday was the first time I made it as pudding and BLECH!
The RTE or the packet?
Dark Choc was my fav...until I eliminated soy Milk Choc not nearly as good IMO
Old 10-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Thanks to all of you who wrote to me with support. Having children really is such a lifetime commitment because regardless of their age, they turn to you when times are tough. I just always don't have the right answer or a Band-Aid big enough for some of the boo-boos.

I am very much back on plan and spent the morning cleaning closets and trying on clothes. Big box going off to charity, fancy dresses going on Ebay to try to recoup some of the cost of my food. I won't need those mother-of-bride dresses for a while an when I do, I WILL BE SKINNIER and get all new ones that are much less stuffy because I will have a choice of designs.

Again, sincere thanks. I read all of you each day because that is what keeps me going. My DH wants none of this IP stuff so part of my excitement and pride ends up on here instead. Love him anyway!
I'm sorry you're going through this with your son, being a mom is the toughest job in the world sometimes. Even tougher when you can't "fix" the world for them. Big to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I have been craving hot chocolate, and so I decided to try to Chocolate drink warm.... DELICIOUS! I found my fall favorite now since I can't have my all time favorite of Apple cider...
I am waiting on my shipment of vitamins and so I'm out of half of them, and my body just aches.... I wonder if its from not taking the supplements (though its only been 2 days).... I am about ready to hop in my car and go to walmart to find some to replace mine until I can get mine in from my coach...
Okay, the warming of the chocolate drink - BRILLIANT!!! I've been craving hot chocolate ever since my son made some on the Keurig the other evening and I will confess to not really liking the chocolate drink cold but hot - yum!

Hello all! I feel like I've been chasing my own tail today - all my fault since I was out late at a hockey game last night <yawn>. My sister went with us but I had to eat before we left because there is nothing at the arena even close to being IP friendly and she ended up having a chopped turkey salad with me!

Very excited, won an auction on a local site for an adorable purple/pink dress! It's a large so if it doesn't fit now, it should soon - can't wait to pick it up.

Anyway, back to the tail-chasing

Jo
Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Get some potssium and some magnesium at Walmart. That should tide you over & make the aches go away...

The RTE or the packet?
Dark Choc was my fav...until I eliminated soy Milk Choc not nearly as good IMO
The packet **shudder**
Old 10-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #64  

Today's off-topic excitement: I just got in the lottery to be able to purchse World Series tickets!
My team is one win away from another World Series
So excited!

NSV: I had to buy a new shirt when we went to our last game (last Friday nite's playoff game). My old one (from a previous World Series win) was size XXL.
Kinda don't wear THAT anymore

Soooo glad I'm not footing the bill for IP foods anymore. One nite at the WS (for 2) will cost what a month's IP food costs
Old 10-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #65  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Today's off-topic excitement: I just got in the lottery to be able to purchse World Series tickets!
So excited!

NSV: I had to buy a new shirt when we went to our last game (last Friday nite's playoff game). My old one (from a previous World Series win) was size XXL.
How exciting to get to go, I hope they make it and you get tickets! You are going to look fantastic in your new shirt.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #66  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well the jicama chips didn't quite crisp up but they were still pretty good. I'll definitely be getting some more tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #67  

Height: 6'

Quote:
So excited!

Soooo glad I'm not footing the bill for IP foods anymore. One nite at the WS (for 2) will cost what a month's IP food costs
Congrats Lisa. My nephew, who is a communcations major college graduate, is working in St Louis for MLB.com covering the Cardinals and he is beside himself hoping that they will go the World Series. What an awesome opportunity for him to write about the team and experience all of the excitement. Here's hoping that you win the tix and rock your new size shirt! Fingers crossed

Last edited by tallgirl231; 10-16-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #68  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Today's off-topic excitement: I just got in the lottery to be able to purchse World Series tickets! My team is one win away from another World Series So excited!

Awesome! That is so exciting. Congrats on both that AND a NON XXL shirt.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

nolasmurf where did you get your jicama? i want to try it but can't find it!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #70  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
nolasmurf where did you get your jicama? i want to try it but can't find it!
I got mine at Rouse's supermarket. Do ya'll have them in Laffy? I had to ask the produce manager to order some.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I got mine at Rouse's supermarket. Do ya'll have them in Laffy? I had to ask the produce manager to order some.
Yes! That's where I grocery shop. Love that it's local and that none of my bell peppers are the same shape. You know they're real! . I actually checked at Rouse's the other day and didn't see any. I'll ask this evening! Everyone raves about them so I've been interested. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #72  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Yes! That's where I grocery shop. Love that it's local and that none of my bell peppers are the same shape. You know they're real! . I actually checked at Rouse's the other day and didn't see any. I'll ask this evening! Everyone raves about them so I've been interested. Thanks!
All the same reasons I shop there! And the customer service is awesome!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I'm sorry you're going through this with your son, being a mom is the toughest job in the world sometimes. Even tougher when you can't "fix" the world for them. Big to you!

Very excited, won an auction on a local site for an adorable purple/pink dress! It's a large so if it doesn't fit now, it should soon - can't wait to pick it up.

Jo
You will have to post a photo when you wear it. You have done incredibly well and realistically a large should fit you but we all know how cuts are different.

Thank you for your kind words re my son. I went out and raked leaves and pine needles, picked up all he pine cones and I feel better. Having filled two 94 gallon yard waste containers, I am done for the day with that. Need them emptied on Monday before I get to do more of that one chore.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Fingers crossed for you

Quote:
So excited!

If anyone deserves such a treat, Lisa, you do! I will keep those fingers crossed and then you can proudly wear that SMALLER shirt!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Just tried the Banana Pudding packet for my afternoon snack. YUMMY! Tastes something like a candy from my childhood...I can't put my finger on what candy that is, but it brings back childhood memories. Will definitely be ordering more of this packet.

Hmmmm....maybe a bit of Runts candy and something else. Not sure what else though...
Closed Thread