IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/16/2013

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal! I won't make the goal I had set in my head- 155 by the time I take my kids to Disney for the first time (Nov. 6), but hoping to at least get close.

Lilkel244- I tried the chips last week and found them too strong as well...they overdid it with the rosemary :P The brownie they came out with is great, and the flakes cereal is ok...but none of them are unrestricted....really hoping they come out with more unrestricted items, as I live on the ready to drink shake and pudding at this point.
  • Oh my God Jodi73! You look amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!
  • Thank you!!! It's the first picture i've been in with my kids in years...not only because i'm a photographer, so i'm always BEHIND the lens, but because I finally feel comfortable with my weight enough to be photographed Wish I had done this years ago, but now is better than never!
  • jodi73 - 60lb in 5 months is amazing ...GREAT job! Adorable picture of you and your kiddos. Have a memorable trip to Disney.
  • 10/15/2013- 146
    10/16/2013 - 145.2
  • Quote: Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal! I won't make the goal I had set in my head- 155 by the time I take my kids to Disney for the first time (Nov. 6), but hoping to at least get close.
    Congrats! BTW....you look absolutely amazing!!! Have a great time at Disney with your kids. I know you will enjoy it and will feel confident about yourself.
  • Good morning all! Just stopping in quickly to wish everyone and Ideal day. Off to the gym but will check in later.

Have a great one!
  • Good morning all. Up and at work by 7 a.m. Good times. Briefly checking in before starting my day. Fell asleep, under a ton of duvets, watching Parks and Recreation after a long day of work and studying. I like that show so it helped relax me, take my mind off work and such. I am realizing that I need to work on my emotional eating and not allowing people to get under my skin (no one in here - fear not!). On a totally NSV note: (1) I am wearing skinny jeans and a zebra-print cardigan today (would have never hit the safari-look previously!!) and (2) I managed to get Amazon to agree to let me return, for a refund, some exercise pants that I bought in May before starting IP. They are XL and clearly won't fit anymore. In the spirit of "what do I have to lose?" I contacted them. I explained that I had lost weight and that they were in the same packaging, etc. and asked for an exception to their 1 month return rule...and I got it! Woot! Not sure why it makes me SO happy, but it did.

As I begin to contemplate phasing off, phasing back in exercise, I am realizing more and more that so much needs to be learned, understood, etc. about how to maintain this lifestyle and weight loss. I will likely begin my search for a new nutritionist who specializes in low carb sustained exercise regimes - but not until after the examination. I am looking forward to it though.

I will say that I feel weird not having a WI in this week. LOL. I have looked forward(-ish) to them each week and so skipping my appointment yesterday was strange. It will be interesting to see what happens next week as it will have been 15 days since my prior WI.

Have a great day!

Quote: Enjoying the leftover Thanksgiving turkey as my protein this week! Yum!
    Yum is right. I love turkey!!!

Quote: Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi?
    I have not really focused on inches. I have been focused on my BMI overall and pounds on a weekly basis.

Quote: I had a goal in my mind to be at 244 for this coming Saturday weigh-in and it looks like I might make it
    Congrats! Glad to see you are feeling good and determined.

Quote: Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal!
    Congrats Jodi! Lovely photo.

Quote: Off to the gym but will check in later.
    Enjoy the gym!

Quote: 10/15/2013- 146
    10/16/2013 - 145.2
    Congrats!
  • Quote: Good morning all. Up and at work by 7 a.m. Good times. Briefly checking in before starting my day. Fell asleep, under a ton of duvets, watching Parks and Recreation after a long day of work and studying. I like that show so it helped relax me, take my mind off work and such. I am realizing that I need to work on my emotional eating and not allowing people to get under my skin (no one in here - fear not!). On a totally NSV note: (1) I am wearing skinny jeans and a zebra-print cardigan today (would have never hit the safari-look previously!!) and (2) I managed to get Amazon to agree to let me return, for a refund, some exercise pants that I bought in May before starting IP. They are XL and clearly won't fit anymore. In the spirit of "what do I have to lose?" I contacted them. I explained that I had lost weight and that they were in the same packaging, etc. and asked for an exception to their 1 month return rule...and I got it! Woot! Not sure why it makes me SO happy, but it did.
    Love your NSV! (both of them!) The skinny Gods are looking out for you today!
  • Quote: Love your NSV! (both of them!) The skinny Gods are looking out for you today!
    Hahaha - thanks!
  • Quote: Great new dress, Lisa!! You look smoking hot!
    Aw gee...thanks!
    When I tried it on, I bought it mostly b/c I knew DH would like it
    I think he's likin' my "new" shape (the one I was hiding under layers)

Quote: Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi?
    I have only been on this to have one wi, I did not lose many in lbs, but I did lose crazy inches, and from coach's calculations 2 of the 3 lbs were actual fat and not just water. Of course I want the weight to go down, but for me I am more concerned with my bmi and being at a healthy number. Second is the inches, I love to lose some inches!, and third the scale. I figure it will come.
    Any opinions on this?
    Honestly, when I started, my goal was (and is) to reach normal BMI.
    The scale is one measure.
    Measuring tape is another.
    Bioimpedence scale calculations give even more (but can be very inaccurate)

Weight-wise, 2 people can weigh the exact same amount but be very different sizes. I have a friend who has a lot more muscle who weighs more than me but wears a smaller size. This is why the scale can also be very "inaccurate".

The BMI and a chosen "size" is what I'm watching, but to be honest, I'm not even sure what size I'll end up.

Quote: Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal! I won't make the goal I had set in my head- 155 by the time I take my kids to Disney for the first time (Nov. 6), but hoping to at least get close.
    Wow!
    I took almost 6 mo to lose 60. It takes what it takes for each of us (and we're all on our own journey...certainly can't compare with each other). Congrats!
  • Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. I have been having struggles emotionally supporting my son away at school who is having issues. I drove 10 hours out there last week and yesterday was sent on the phone for hours. He was very depressed and kept saying he wanted to be left ALONE. Then I did not hear for hours even after I asked him to consider checking in with us.

I was crying and just broken as I could not just jump in the car and drive again but I did not seem to be able to give him any help. I was alone in the house and had that terrible feeling that a parent can have at being totally useless to a hurting child.

The good news part of it is that I remember what it is like to lose it when it comes to eating. I rediscovered what it is to really hate what I was doing both during and after. I was angry with myself for being weak.

At the same time, I also came close to that 'falling off the wagon' feeling and reaffirmed for myself that I MUST control 'deviations/cheating/slipping' because it is such an easy d quick slide down that slippery slope.

So I will make another trip this weekend to college to reconnect with my son, hopefully taken my older son with me as a surprise. He is returning from Marine deployment, coming in from Hawaii after who knows how many months. I think his presence will help - I may find a way to wander off and let them talk.

My plan of attack - measure, check drink intake, keep to the low and clean end of IP, lots of yard work, and recommit. I do not fear that I will fail because I am feeling very strong this morning. Maybe I needed that big oops to push me back to stronger determination.

Shock to discover I am human! Hah
  • Good morning everyone - I feel like I'm so late checking in compared to you east coast folks! Love the new pictures and the NSV's.

Had my WI last night, and ALMOST into onederland...I kept leaning this way and that on the scale to jiggle it, but came out at 200.6. I will keep on the straight and narrow and track by my coach's scale - but the one in my bathroom at home this morning clocked me in at 198.5 so I'm still doing a happy dance. Have a great day, everyone!
    Kathy
  • Schenectady- I'm so sorry you're going through that... my dad always says- a parent is only as happy as their least happy child. And that's so true. But that you're able to realize that eating won't help is tremendous...that's the kind of behavior that will allow you to keep the pounds off for the rest of your life, so congrats on that Good luck and hoping your other son's return will help
  • I got to add a signature today, yay!!! This is a test post