Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Angry Who has a RAGING sweet Tooth?

I know i am not alone with a sweet tooth the size of a mammoth tusk!

This is my down fall and trying to beat it is like chasing the preverbal tail. Chewing gum helps and cinnamon in my tea does too, but sometimes it lifts its ugly head and it is a BATTLE!

I do not like fried-greasy food, fast food any of that BUT sweets YES!

How have you all killed the sweet tooth monster?
\
Old 10-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #92  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ha, I wish mine was dead! He is just tamed. I find my restricteds really help in this area. To me, they are light a treat every evening! I also enjoy the cereals (from Nashua) some mornings. They have a slight sweetness and a great crunch! I eat them dry on my way to work.

Good luck taming your monster!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #93  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Good afternoon ladies!
I realized that today marks an entire month of being on IP, and though there have been moments where I didn't know if I could keep going, I have watched as the scale slowly decreases, and I keep feeling a little looser in my clothes (But no size drop yet), and I think to myself of how proud I am of myself for being able to stick with this, even while being in the stressful college life I'm living!
I'm very grateful for all of you for the support and for the advice and useful information I can search through to help me through this program!
I hope everyone has a marvelous upcoming week!
Congrats! You're doing amazing!

Quote:

This is my down fall and trying to beat it is like chasing the preverbal tail. Chewing gum helps and cinnamon in my tea does too, but sometimes it lifts its ugly head and it is a BATTLE!

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Ha, I wish mine was dead! He is just tamed. I find my restricteds really help in this area. To me, they are light a treat every evening! I also enjoy the cereals (from Nashua) some mornings. They have a slight sweetness and a great crunch! I eat them dry on my way to work.

Good luck taming your monster!
Restricteds help me too, like the bars or the chocolate soy puffs. Even the chocolate drink is nice to feel like I am getting dessert - make it into cookies or the chocolate mug cake. I also find if I have eaten all my packets for the day and am still craving sweets or feeling hungry that brushing my teeth helps.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #94  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

sarahbell you are going to do great in your second month you can do this! Most days all three of my packets would be sweet. Blueberry cran drink or chocolate EAS for breakfast, restricted bar for lunch and ready made chocolate pudding for snack, seemed to help more than if I had any savory packets. That way I always had something sweet to look forward to.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I am always forgetting my vitamins! ARGH! I need to try to keep them in sight but out of sight due to my 2 yo who loves to get into anything he ca.

ARGH1
I have my smartphone programmed to remind me. Look for any medication app...
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Sweet tooth

Quote:

\
My daughter, who started me on this program, gave me a recipe where you take 3 egg whites, beat them til foamy, add 1/4t cream of tartar, beat till shiny and stiff. Fold in packet of berry yogurt smoothie mix (you can actually use any flavor and you could probably experiment with drink mixes).

Pipe it or form it into pretty mounds, put in 250-300 degree oven for about 40 minutes, checking for very very slight brown edge. You can eat it all as one packet, I think is what she said.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #97  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks! Trying to keep it up. I appreciate the support! No trick that I know of. I don't really exercise, but I do walk a fair amount around the classroom at work. I am 39 next week, so not feeling so young LOL! Just following the program, drinking my water, and taking it day by day. You are pretty close on my heels. Are you in the seventh week, too?
Started Wk 8 and feeling gr8. Sounds like you're doing everything you need to do. I turned 40 this year and not only did I go through a mini mid-life crisis but I felt my body kept gaining wait at the drop of a dime. I consider this weight loss journey and new way of life a birthday gift to myself. Losing weight helps the mind, body and soul feel younger and zippier. No matter how long this journey is, it's worth it in my book.

Quote:
Good afternoon ladies!
I realized that today marks an entire month of being on IP, and though there have been moments where I didn't know if I could keep going, I have watched as the scale slowly decreases, and I keep feeling a little looser in my clothes (But no size drop yet), and I think to myself of how proud I am of myself for being able to stick with this, even while being in the stressful college life I'm living!
I'm very grateful for all of you for the support and for the advice and useful information I can search through to help me through this program!
Deana - Happy one month anniversary ~ congrats to you!! Aren't you so happy that you made the plunge? You are doing amazing, keep it up.

I too would like to thank everyone for the support, encouragement and advice. It's amazing how much participation helps in the entire weight loss, and I'm sure maintenance, process. It's a one of a kind place!

Last edited by KareVT; 10-13-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Thanks! Trying to keep it up. I appreciate the support!

No trick that I know of. I don't really exercise, but I do walk a fair amount around the classroom at work. I am 39 next week, so not feeling so young LOL! Just following the program, drinking my water, and taking it day by day. You are pretty close on my heels. Are you in the seventh week, too?
Reenhag, You are doing well and you have that wise perspective of just taking it day by day, and drinking your water...water is so key to everything in our body, including metabolism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Thanks again to everyone who messaged me regarding being fired by my coach.

I just made my first order to Nashua Nutrition for foods, the Protidiet foods are sooo much cheaper than IP, I picked through them carefully to make sure I wasnt buying restricted foods.

Anyhow, I can get through this program either on my own with all the great advice and ideas here, but I will take the suggestions of seeing if I can transfer to another clinic for a small fee or no fee preferably!
Hi RN,
I also use alternatives and started after my clinic lost my second food order. They were just getting started and everything was so chaotic, so I just immersed myself in the information in the stickies on alternatives and have never looked back. This was my second time on IP and my first time I used only IP branded products. I lost an identical amount of weight for the first 2 months using alternatives. I look forward to reading about your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yes. Free shipping for orders over 49 in US code AMERICA
I believe thru 15th
Thank you, Lisa.

Quote:
Good afternoon ladies!
CONGRATULATIONS on finishing month 1!! The rest will be easy from here on!

Quote:
Happy month anniversary to you too!! I am 1 month into it and I have struggled so much I hope for will power!
You too SarahBell, you will be at your goal before you know it. If you have struggled and still made it through the first month, you are stronger than you think and it is only a matter of time till you reach that shining goal! Just keep doing what you've been doing, you are already a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
My daughter, who started me on this program, gave me a recipe where you take 3 egg whites, beat them til foamy, add 1/4t cream of tartar, beat till shiny and stiff. Fold in packet of berry yogurt smoothie mix (you can actually use any flavor and you could probably experiment with drink mixes).

Pipe it or form it into pretty mounds, put in 250-300 degree oven for about 40 minutes, checking for very very slight brown edge. You can eat it all as one packet, I think is what she said.
Hmmm, sounds very good. Maybe if I used some choc protein powder and added some peppermint extract, I could have choc mint cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Started Wk 8 and feeling gr8. Sounds like you're doing everything you need to do. I turned 40 this year and not only did I go through a mini mid-life crisis but I felt my body kept gaining wait at the drop of a dime. I consider this weight loss journey and new way of life a birthday gift to myself. Losing weight helps the mind, body and soul feel younger and zippier. No matter how long this journey is, it's worth it in my book.

Deana - Happy one month anniversary ~ congrats to you!! Aren't you so happy that you made the plunge? You are doing amazing, keep it up.

I too would like to thank everyone for the support, encouragement and advice. It's amazing how much participation helps in the entire weight loss, and I'm sure maintenance, process. It's a one of a kind place!
Hello Kare,
Thank you for your kind words earlier. You have done well in 8 weeks! We're just about the same size with a similar goal. I will look forward to reading about your future successes!

Have a lovely evening,
Chloe
Old 10-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canadian IPers!
I just came back from a lovely weekend in Boston, what a beautiful city. Stayed 99% OP and in ketosis the whole time, feeling proud because I would not have stayed on track in the past.

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend.
Deanna509 congrats on your one month anniversary. I reached mine late last week and can't believe how fast it went.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #100  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Just popping in quick before bed.. It has been a busy Thanksgiving weekend, but I survived dinner without a taste of anything off protocol. Stuffing is my favorite holiday food, so I just added some of the spices I normally use in it into my mashed turnip. Yum!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-13-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 197/185/135

Height: 5'6"

Deana509 congrats on your one month anniversary! And Sonolady, happy for you on your size 6 jeans! Wahoo

Today is day FIVE for me and it's as if a switch flipped inside my body! I was not hungry at ALL today, and I had just the 3 packets (the last few days I've been having 4-5 because I've been so dang hungry.) So I'm pretty happy that I got over the "hump".

Good night, everyone
Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsaver View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Today is a travel day back home after a full week away on business. I had some challenges but stayed 100% OP. The hardest thing to find in an airport is veggies, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get veggies while flying all day, I'd love to hear them.
I was on business travel all summer and gave up trying to find veggies at the airport. I bring cukes and peppers as both travel well. I also bring bags of raw spinach to munch on. My real lifesaver is the small food processor I bought from GNC to make spinach shakes. Unless I have an early morning flight (I don't want to make too much noise in the hotel at an early hour), I make a shake and drink it on the way to the airport.
Closed Thread