Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #16  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

It is getting closer to P3 for me. This weekend will be spent shopping for ingredients to make those big P3 breakfasts, selecting recipes that will be the easiest/quickest to make, and calculating carbs, protein, fat and calories. So different than P1 and how easy that has been,

When I started IP I was so excited at the prospect of one day phasing off. Now I am petrified! I keep second guessing whether I am ready and whether I should lose more weight first. I worry I will get fat again. I see fat when I look in the mirror!

Part of my problem is that I let a friend's comments get to me. She asked, "won't you just get fat again once you start eating everything again"? I rationally said that I would not return to my old eating habits and that I have learned so much on IP. Realistically, it does worry me. Sigh....
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #17  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all! Doing a great job staying OP so far this weekend, even with out of town guests. Yay! Tried the sweet roll by Proti-Snax this morning...kinda disappointed, but tasted better with some sugar free caramel syrup drizzled on it.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Ok so is it just me or is your sense of smell heightened OP? I was about 10 feet from a little girl that was eatting chick fila on the park bench and you would have thought I was a bloodhound. At that moment I was weak and realized I am a food addict, I have been dreaming of Krispy Kreme doughnuts in my sleep. And on top of that yesterday went to the farmers market to get some veggies and there was a German pastry chief with pies, tarts and breads OMG the smell was amazing. So I told my husband if he wanted one to get it, he said dear i want do that too you, I know how hard you have been working, I could tell he was salivating, I said no this battle is mine I don't want you to have to suffer. So I made up in my mind I will no longer allow food to control me.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #19  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Ok so is it just me or is your sense of smell heightened OP? I was about 10 feet from a little girl that was eatting chick fila on the park bench and you would have thought I was a bloodhound. At that moment I was weak and realized I am a food addict, I have been dreaming of Krispy Kreme doughnuts in my sleep. And on top of that yesterday went to the farmers market to get some veggies and there was a German pastry chief with pies, tarts and breads OMG the smell was amazing. So I told my husband if he wanted one to get it, he said dear i want do that too you, I know how hard you have been working, I could tell he was salivating, I said no this battle is mine I don't want you to have to suffer. So I made up in my mind I will no longer allow food to control me.
I know just what you mean! The other day, I got into my DH's truck and it smelled just like glazed donuts to me. I was overwhelmed with the desire to go to a bakery and buy donuts. I asked him if he had an old donut bag in there, but it was a new air freshener! I can hardly stand to ride in his truck now. The funny thing is that it doesn't bother me to go to store and smell all the delicious bakery aromas there. Weird. When I had a coach she said to just take those moments and breathe in the aroma for a second and relax. She told me that allowing myself to relax and enjoy the smell could be very satisfying. It does seem to work at times.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #20  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Reminder
One WI is one data point in a big-picture downward trend-line.
Although TOM may temporarily affect what the scale days, it has ZERO to do with fat loss

The scale is just one way to measure whether or not we are losing fat. Unfortunately, the scale weighs everything: fat, lean mass, water.

Very few people get a linear weight loss. Most women get widely varying losses from one week to the next due to hormonal fluctuations. Stressing about any if this can cause an increased of cortisol, which can slow fat loss
Lisa - your sound advice & words are treasured like Gold, thank you for the reminder and for educating [incessantly - love it]. I needed this today and will stash it in my back pocket.

Quote:
I to had my first weigh in on TOM ans still had a nice lose, in my book any lose is a good one. Trust that the plan is working even if you don't see on the scale what you looking for, it will happen and sometimes overnight. As Lisa mentioned inches can be achieved without the scale moving. Wishing you luck on your journey and I know you can do it. It's not easy on TOM but nothing in life really is.
Misstiff - congrats on the nice loss even w/ TOM visiting. I trust, I trust, I trust the plan
Old 10-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

dak1lls Hey you have IP POWER[COLOR="Purple"] You have the smarts and long ingrained learned lessons of healthy eating. You know how to NOT go back to why you started IP. You like the mirror now, and the "happier" you and changes in relationships, I know you won't go back to where you were! You know it too!!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #22  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Update: went for the walk and it started pouring rain before I could get back. You know, sometimes you just have to laugh. Maybe it was meant to be a 'wash away the funky mood' walk? Ha!

Went to my weekly weigh-in and I'm down another 2 lbs and just over 25 lbs total since starting IP (8 weeks). Also down 3.625 inches this week with a total of almost 21 total inches gone. Yay!

I was reminded, both by my coach and by those here, weight loss isn't linear...especially for women. And, without having gone on this plan, where would I be? I'm in a much better place, even if some days are a smidge harder than others to "see" it.

Grateful for the strength to do this and for the encouragement I find daily on this site.

Happy Saturday!

PS I am so excited to see how you rock P3 dak1lls. I think about the next phases and think "scary" too but you have been so great at this so far. Onward! (To yummy breakfasts)
And, Thanks KareVT for the kind words.

Last edited by vachinyc; 10-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #23  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Good morning! Stay strong IPers! Today is my last day of P3! Hoping to get an update on my hubbys return date, still haven't found my airport outfit.
I'm so excited for you!! Wish I was a "fly on the wall" to see his face when he sees you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning: I am working on an attitude adjustment today. I'm feeling a little annoyed with the scale, the weather, the traffic...
I seem to have somewhat of a pattern in my losses - better week, just ok week, better week, etc. Today is my weigh in (later) for a 'just ok week' so I'm just struggling a little to find the joy.
I do - somewhere in my thick head - know that a loss is a loss and that this IS working. (Marathon, not a sprint) It is just so much more enjoyable to have the "better week" loss. (All of them 100% OP btw)
Eh. Just having 'a day'.
I think there may be a break in the rain - in which case I'm going to take a walk to try to clear the grumpy.
Sorry for the vent but thanks for 'listening'. I appreciate that I am not alone in the struggle.
Have a great Saturday all!
Vent away!! If not here with us, where? You came to the right place. We've all had those slightly disappointed feelings with weigh ins, perfectly normal. And you already have the answer - just stick with it, it will happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
"Gratitude is the hearts memory".... -French proverb

May each and everyone have a lot to remember, and be thankful for this year!
Amen, and thanks for the reminder!

The food, fun and fizzies are flying here with my family (all puns intended) but I am doing great staying 100% OP! Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #24  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
When I started IP I was so excited at the prospect of one day phasing off. Now I am petrified! I keep second guessing whether I am ready and whether I should lose more weight first. I worry I will get fat again. I see fat when I look in the mirror!

Part of my problem is that I let a friend's comments get to me. She asked, "won't you just get fat again once you start eating everything again"? I rationally said that I would not return to my old eating habits and that I have learned so much on IP. Realistically, it does worry me. Sigh....
I have the same worry...regaining what I've lossed petrifies me but I do have a plan I hope to stick with. Once I get to goal (not sure what that number is just yet), I will set a max weight I will let myself return to. When/if I hit that weight, I will do some kind of reboot/phase 1 to prevent from EVER even getting close to putting it all back on. This is an idea, but i haven't put it to the test yet. Hoping i can stick to it!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #25  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I'm getting excited to try a new recipe today - lime tarts! The crust is made with the maple oatmeal, filling with vanilla pudding and lime juice, topped with meringue! Can't wait. Hope I can make it even remotely like the picture I found!
1LittleStar - I love your tag name! After reading your post, my mind wanders to key lime pie, yum. Please post results & recipe, once you are able, for certain. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
Good morning, all! The frustrations will ease, I'm certain of it. Beautiful Thanksgiving weekend in Saskatchewan. My DH and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this past Wednesday so I'm feeling particularly thankful. He's my biggest cheerleader in the IP process.

Happy weekend, everybody!
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Willow and yes, to quote our dear friend 65, to all of our Canadian sisters and their families. And, a happy belated anniversary - 20 years is beautiful and may you have 20 more +++. You are so blessed. Enjoy!

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian sisters and their families this weekend!

May each and everyone have a lot to remember, and be thankful for this year!
Hi x65 - You too are a gem and I enjoy reading such beautifully written & sound pieces from you. All so genuine and you share so much valuable info. Thanks to you & Lisa and a whole slew of others, I give credit to why I continue to join in on conversations, stay committed to the plan and to myself. Thank you All and yes, I am certainly most thankful for this year!

Quote:
It is getting closer to P3 for me. This weekend will be spent shopping for ingredients to make those big P3 breakfasts, selecting recipes that will be the easiest/quickest to make, and calculating carbs, protein, fat and calories. So different than P1..

Hi dak1 - it's been awhile and I wanted to personally congratulate you for your IP success. NICE JOB! I am starting my 8th week on IP and have a ways to go but I identify with your post(s) and thank you for sharing.

Good luck as you Phase - I have faith that you will be just fine. You appear super strong and just remember all you have accomplished, WOW! I can't imagine phasing just yet, I'm definitely not ready but I will probably be nervous and turn to all of this incredible support on 3FC IP'ers for sure. I hope that when the time comes, you'll still be reporting/sharing your successes.

And, like you, I too see fat flaws when I look in the mirror but... I am trying so hard to change that manner of thinking and be kinder to myself.

SO happy that you responded to your friend in the manner you did, you better believe you are NOT returning to old habits and again, keep the faith. I think keeping goals in front of ourselves as well as remembering to take care of ourselves first will help us maintain and keep us on point. I admire your courage; keep it up!

Quote:
Ok so is it just me or is your sense of smell heightened OP? I said no this battle is mine I don't want you to have to suffer. So I made up in my mind I will no longer allow food to control me.
Misstiff - You are a good person! I concur, the battle is ours however, how lovely that your husband supports you like so. I will join you in your pact and I too "will no longer allow food to control me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
dak1lls Hey you have IP POWER[COLOR="Purple"] You have the smarts and long ingrained learned lessons of healthy eating. You know how to NOT go back to why you started IP. You like the mirror now, and the "happier" you and changes in relationships, I know you won't go back to where you were! You know it too!!
Sonolady - Gr8 post - I feel the power radiating and thankfully, I think I've got some in my pocket, as well.

Last edited by KareVT; 10-12-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing and - it seems well - even Vachinyc who adjusted her attitude (I do the same all the time!)! More studying and work for me today, but I am contemplating a bike ride a little later for about 45 minutes. It will be my first time on the bike since ... well... for a long time but I feel like going out and getting some exercise and am show some solidarity for two Team in Training friends who are doing Ironman in Kona, Hawaii today. I am so proud of them and would like, someday, to do a 1/2 Ironman(woman).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Sarita: So excited for your family to see how amazing you look! Have a great time!
Thanks!

Quote:
Good morning: I am working on an attitude adjustment today. I'm feeling a little annoyed with the scale, the weather, the traffic...
Quote:
Update: went for the walk and it started pouring rain before I could get back. You know, sometimes you just have to laugh. Maybe it was meant to be a 'wash away the funky mood' walk? Ha! Went to my weekly weigh-in and I'm down another 2 lbs and just over 25 lbs total since starting IP (8 weeks). Also down 3.625 inches this week with a total of almost 21 total inches gone. Yay!
Glad you adjusted your own attitude and then had it further adjusted by your WI. Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Reminder
One WI is one data point in a big-picture downward trend-line.
Always a good reminder, thank you Lisa!

Quote:
I love this quote, thank you for sharing.

Quote:
It is getting closer to P3 for me. This weekend will be spent shopping for ingredients to make those big P3 breakfasts, selecting recipes that will be the easiest/quickest to make, and calculating carbs, protein, fat and calories. So different than P1 and how easy that has been,

It is the whole mind f*ck that we have. Sorry for the grammar everyone, but its true. You are going to rock P3, enjoy your breakfasts and keep your insights and wits about you and it will be a huge success for you. Don't be scared, go forth into this new phase and enjoy!!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Good Morning All!

@Sonolady - Love the IP Power Weekend; same to you!

@Crystal - That's terrific; WTG towards starting another chapter; P4 here you come. Congrats on your success.

@Lisa - Good Morning to you

..I'm leaving for my WI in a moment and I just started TOM. I am wondering how that affects your Scale Victories? All of this time, I have always been at the tail end of TOM at the time of WI so the scale was always reading nicely but now, at the beginning, I am fearing the retention kicking in and I don't want this to have an adverse affect. What has your experience been?

Thanks IP'ers have a splendid day!
I know that every 4 weeks, I will have a slower weight loss or as happened one time, an increase. I know it, doesn't mean it's always easy to accept. This last time, I was okay and didn't knock myself for it because I knew it was out of my control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I'm getting excited to try a new recipe today - lime tarts! The crust is made with the maple oatmeal, filling with vanilla pudding and lime juice, topped with meringue! Can't wait. Hope I can make it even remotely like the picture I found!
Oh, sounds yummy! I'm going to make the pumpkin meringue (without the crust) that saskgirl posted on the Recipe #4 thread for my dessert tomorrow night - my friends and family can have the 12" pumpkin pie from Costco

Quote:

I have this worry too. I still see myself as 40lbs heavier and think that the minute I get the chance, give myself the "okay", I'll go back to the way I was before. I like to hope that I'm not going to - that I enjoy looking like this and feeling like this more than I like the food I used to eat.

Quote:
Oh my, I passed a guy on the stairs at work the other day who had an order of poutine and I almost died at how good it smelled... I probably would have never noticed it before

Good Saturday morning all! It's a cool, windy, rainy day here - good day to hit the rink for my son's hockey practice then come home and clean up for guests tomorrow.

Friends dropped off the farm chickens I ordered last night - 10 beautiful birds in my freezer, yum! Despite the fact I'm cooking a 17lbs turkey tomorrow, I can't wait to cook a chicken, lol!

Well, off to get the hockey bag packed...

Jo

Last edited by PurpleMomster; 10-12-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: fix spelling errors
Old 10-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Good Morning All!

..I'm leaving for my WI in a moment and I just started TOM. I am wondering how that affects your Scale Victories? All of this time, I have always been at the tail end of TOM at the time of WI so the scale was always reading nicely but now, at the beginning, I am fearing the retention kicking in and I don't want this to have an adverse affect. What has your experience been?

Thanks IP'ers have a splendid day!
My cycle definitely affects my weigh-ins and gives me much lower numbers. I've heard some people even post gains that week. I try not to be too fussed by it because there's a reason for it that doesn't have anything to do with the effort I'm putting in - still staying OP regardless!

Like others have posted today, I'm starting to learn how to look at it as a linear process, rather than week to week, which helps quite a bit!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #29  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I know that every 4 weeks, I will have a slower weight loss or as happened one time, an increase. I know it, doesn't mean it's always easy to accept. This last time, I was okay and didn't knock myself for it because I knew it was out of my control.

Well, off to get the hockey bag packed...

Jo
Hi Jo aka PurpleMomster (awesome!) - thanks for the share. Good to keep things in perspective and look at the long term; everyone is right about that. Hope you enjoy hockey, turkey and the chickens down the road.. Something tells me you are a busy woman with lots of cooking in your future - Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
My cycle definitely affects my weigh-ins and gives me much lower numbers. I've heard some people even post gains that week. I try not to be too fussed by it because there's a reason for it that doesn't have anything to do with the effort I'm putting in - still staying OP regardless!

Like others have posted today, I'm starting to learn how to look at it as a linear process, rather than week to week, which helps quite a bit!
Hi Lighthouse - Yes; totally a linear process, agreed and I am learning to adapt that thought process for sure. I'm with you, I will stay 100% OP regardless of what the scale reads. Have a nice day!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #30  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:

I truly think that at least a tiny thought like those you expressed lurks inside most of us on the program. However, let your rational, logical self guide you. You definitely (should I say "WE definitely") have the will power and the tools to succeed on this weight loss journey. There will be times in our lives on maintenance that we may put on a few pounds here or there. That's okay- we just monitor ourselves and use our tools when that happens! There is no way I could let myself put 40 plus pounds back on once I finish! If my pants get tight or the number on that scale goes up, it will be back to phase one for me!

You can do it! Congrats on your journey thus far, and best of luck on P3 and maintaining!
Closed Thread