Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by staput33 View Post
Good Morning everyone.

I just joined TFCs yesterday. I've been doing IP since July 1st. It's been going well so far. I was really happy to discover this board.

I had a bit of a rough week. It was my TOM and it was extremely painful this time around. Actually, since I started IP it's gotten worse. Has anyone else experienced that?
Welcome to a fellow Reginian!
Lots of support and great ideas on this board!!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Missed catching up with everyone for a few days.

Unexpectedly had to dash across state to rescue son #2 after painful surgery, drop in grades, personal conflicts, etc. Long trip 10 hours round trip, "slept" on the floor of his dorm in sleeping bag. I think we settled a lot of things but it is so hard to see him just cry and beg to come home as if that would settle everything!

And, because I am usually based out of home, my car and my purse was not stocked. I grabbed a change of clothes and my toothbrush but nothing more.

I DID manage to stay 100% OP. Most of the time it was easy, but driving back home after leaving him, worried as Moms can be, I dreamed, thought, fantasized, craved EVERYTHING I should not. I had the munchies so bad. I thought eating French fries from the bag would be so easy as I was driving through the monotonous hills. Then KFC chicken and so my day went.

DID NOT BUDGE! I finally stopped after about 4 hours and went to Wendy's, got a chicken pecan salad, ditched the dressing, the apples, the cheese, the candied pecans. Survived.

Now fingers crossed that my treasured and beloved son will find the strength to tackle his challenges. Strange day today - disoriented.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #33  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! What a crazy week and sounds like it has been for many others too. But I am happy to report that after last weeks water retention/constipation issues I was down 5.5 this morning, so lost the 3.5 gain from last week plus 2, pretty good. I am going to have to get more serious about alternatives because clear that this much soy does not sit well! Have a great op weekend!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am on the verge of an emotional breakdown today
Old 10-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

For the last month and a half I have been working out 5-6 days a week. Tried so hard to wake up before work this morning (5AM) and just couldn't do it. My boyfriend works swing shift and his days off are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Where as I have the typical M-F 8-5 job. It makes it hard to spend time with him but also get in my exercise unless I go in the mornings, so feeling a little disappointed that I didn't make it to the gym, but I will make it up tomorrow.

Happy Friday everyone!!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default You are not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am on the verge of an emotional breakdown today
sarah - I know from your previous entries that you are facing a hugely emotional time that many of us would be unable to even guess at. Particularly when challenges arise with parents or children arise, it is even more painful because we can't always fix their problems the way we would like to.

To be caught up in bureaucracy must be very frustrating - pay all your dues and insurance charges all your life and then still to be treated so savagely is so wrong.

Know that many of us here are putting you and your parents in our thoughts and prayers - sending you strength.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
sarah - I know from your previous entries that you are facing a hugely emotional time that many of us would be unable to even guess at. Particularly when challenges arise with parents or children arise, it is even more painful because we can't always fix their problems the way we would like to.

To be caught up in bureaucracy must be very frustrating - pay all your dues and insurance charges all your life and then still to be treated so savagely is so wrong.

Know that many of us here are putting you and your parents in our thoughts and prayers - sending you strength.
I am just in tears all day today, this week has been he77 for me and my family. It is the worst feeling in the world when you cannot fix something that is broken and not working. My parents are stressed out and worried sick. Dad just settled with the insurance company for just the house not the personal belongings yet **another damn battle**

I am so close to them but yet too far away to just jump in the car and go there and help (4hrs drive one way) . I have no appetite really............

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #38  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Sarah,

I grew up during war in my country and I grew up seeing people losing their homes in a second and much more. We used to always have a saying, a kind of a proverb that roughly translate to "it's ok to lose material belongings than those they belong to", I know it is devastating, but just try to focus on the blessing that your parents are still there to survive this, family is there and this is all that matters.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Sarah,

I grew up during war in my country and I grew up seeing people losing their homes in a second and much more. We used to always have a saying, a kind of a proverb that roughly translate to "it's ok to lose material belongings than those they belong to", I know it is devastating, but just try to focus on the blessing that your parents are still there to survive this, family is there and this is all that matters.
Thank you so much. I am beyond grateful they survived, and I know it is just stuff...........but with the cold temps coming and snow I just want them back into a house, my nephews live with them, they need to be able to come home and have life back on track. Things could be a billion times worse than it is, but when you see your parents struggling to fight the ins, company you want to scream!

Things are getting better and they will, next weekend we are going down for 3 days just to spend time with them and have a little fun

I just need to breathe deep and try to calm down
Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Awesome support--especially the recipes

I am so glad I stumbled along this site. I love all of the support and information. At just Day 6 of IP, I can honestly say I have spent more time in the kitchen cooking these past six days than in the past 6 months. I love to cook, but the stress of everyday life seemed to push that task to the background. Having some crustless quiche and turnips with mustard sauce for dinner! And loving the Thanksgiving ideas from the neighbors to north! thanks, Dee
Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Thank you so much. I am beyond grateful they survived, and I know it is just stuff...........but with the cold temps coming and snow I just want them back into a house, my nephews live with them, they need to be able to come home and have life back on track. Things could be a billion times worse than it is, but when you see your parents struggling to fight the ins, company you want to scream!

Things are getting better and they will, next weekend we are going down for 3 days just to spend time with them and have a little fun

I just need to breathe deep and try to calm down
I'm so sorry this happened to your family. Hang in there, glad that you will be able to spend some time with them next week.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #42  

Height: 5'5"

My daughter came home for the long weekend from college today. She hugged me and yelled "mom my arms go all the way around you!!!" NSV!!!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #43  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
My daughter came home for the long weekend from college today. She hugged me and yelled "mom my arms go all the way around you!!!" NSV!!!!!
Sweet!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #44  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Sarahbell...virtual hugs. Schenectady... What an awesome mama you are... Your son will come through!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #45  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
NEED IP Soup ALTERNATIVES!

Running like a crazy person so only limited time to search alternative threads. I want to order from Nashua (FREE SHIPPING over $49 until Tues)!!!

I like IP Chicken, Leek and Mushroom (tomato not so much as soup).

What alternatives have you enjoyed??

Thanks (also posting in apt thread)
I enjoy the chicken noodle soup and even the spaghetti. The minestrone is okay; I ordered beef veg but have not eaten it yet.
Closed Thread