3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/10/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288494-ip-daily-chat-thursday-10-10-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 10-10-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4859513)
Thanks Lisa :)

What I am aiming to do is not the vegetable soup itself, but rather a dry mix that would be a substitute to the packaged IP soup, for example I would have to mix some spices & herbs, dried onions, dried mushrooms, etc. until I get a nice flavour to which I will add the unflavored protein powder, this way, I can measure a portion, bring it with me to work, add some water to it and microwave it.

If anybody already came up with a soup mix like this, please let me know.

Oh. I just make a veggie soup & add the syntrax plain protein powder & I take it in a thermos so no additional heating required. I'm not a huge fan of the microwave anyway & some days it just doesn't work in my schedule to have to stop & "make" lunch.

65X65 10-10-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondamarie (Post 4859595)
I am so happy to hear from someone that has been losing slow and steady. I have lost 20 lb in less than 4 months. Right now I feel so frustrated that I haven't lost more, I'm trying not to just give up. I have lost inches but the weight is very slow to leave. One week I gained 1 lb and my coach was not very supportive at all. Told me to do better next week and rushed me out the door. I don't think he is a coach. I have learned more from this sight than him. :(:(

Rhondamarie,
We are the same height and so I understand the challenges of being smaller than average...we are already at a disadvantage with a lower BMR for losing..and especially maintaining.

Has your thyroid been checked? Also exercise...if you have been OP for 4 months, unless you have some medical challenge that makes exercise a problem...it's probably time to add it if you are not doing something regularly. I've stated before...I don't love it! Don't get the high...but have embraced that both increasing my BMR and the ability to maintain is going to depend heavily on my willingness to burn calories 6 days a week. Resisting that notion...and being stubborn because it's "not fair" (referring to my own mental struggle with this...not necessarily the same as yours...!) ... won't change anything. When it comes to weight loss...for most of us on IP..yes, it matters where our calories come from. When it comes to BMR...thermodynamics comes into play big time for smaller people. I have to heat it up to get on the same level as everyone else for burning fat. :p

Breakofday71 10-10-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4859493)
Good Morning everyone

This week I predict a gain, if there is I will just look past that number and plug away!

If anyone here is a praying /good thoughts person please keep a few good words for my mom and dad, the blood sucker insurance company is trying to jack them royally over all of this :(

I am so angry and upset, you pay a stupid premium and take out the largest amount you can just for something like this!!! The adjuster thinks they can rebuild! If anyone has Face Book you can look up farsideacres that is our friends face book page which is public and you can see all 3 properties and the damage. My parents house is /was the blue house :(

I have been crying off and on all day, I am just worried sick, things were going to good!!! ARGH! And dh did not remember my b-day until I said something late last night. what kraptastic week, more kraptastic for everyone back home. I just need so very positive vibes please :(

:(:(:(

:hug::hug: I am so sorry that things are not going well for your family atm. I can totally empathize with having a "kraptastic" week as my mom is in the ICU with suspected lung cancer.

Best thoughts and wishes are going out to you and your family. Do your best to stay true to yourself and to your diet program. I have found that it has helped me immensely because I don't have the stress of trying to figure out what to eat, i just have been eating on phase 1 (not my phase 3 as I should be) at least when I remember to eat.

65X65 10-10-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakofday71 (Post 4859636)
:hug::hug: I am so sorry that things are not going well for your family atm. I can totally empathize with having a "kraptastic" week as my mom is in the ICU with suspected lung cancer.

Best thoughts and wishes are going out to you and your family. Do your best to stay true to yourself and to your diet program. I have found that it has helped me immensely because I don't have the stress of trying to figure out what to eat, i just have been eating on phase 1 (not my phase 3 as I should be) at least when I remember to eat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4859493)
Good Morning everyone

This week I predict a gain, if there is I will just look past that number and plug away!

If anyone here is a praying /good thoughts person please keep a few good words for my mom and dad, the blood sucker insurance company is trying to jack them royally over all of this :(

I am so angry and upset, you pay a stupid premium and take out the largest amount you can just for something like this!!! The adjuster thinks they can rebuild! If anyone has Face Book you can look up farsideacres that is our friends face book page which is public and you can see all 3 properties and the damage. My parents house is /was the blue house :(

I have been crying off and on all day, I am just worried sick, things were going to good!!! ARGH! And dh did not remember my b-day until I said something late last night. what kraptastic week, more kraptastic for everyone back home. I just need so very positive vibes please :(

:(:(:(

Sending strength, a hug :hug:and good vibes to you both. Having dealt with a lot of bad stuff with my out of area parents this past year...I get it.

If our good wishes are able to help you be strong...you will get lots of strength from everyone here. It's hard to maintain your own equilibrium when those you love are sliding down hill. Just remember...they need you. More than ever. Staying true to yourself will allow you to do and get through whatever needs to happen.

tawanda 10-10-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4859617)
Oh. I just make a veggie soup & add the syntrax plain protein powder & I take it in a thermos so no additional heating required. I'm not a huge fan of the microwave anyway & some days it just doesn't work in my schedule to have to stop & "make" lunch.

Thanks Lisa for the info.
And way to go on your recent weight loss.

Redonkulous 10-10-2013 04:39 PM

Good afternoon IPeeps! Congrats PrettyMom09 on your weight loss! :carrot: And thanks, Ruth Ann and Lisa for your encouraging words to me yesterday. :) Today is my 2nd day on IP, and the cravings for carbs are less PHYSICALLY painful, but they are still very much EMOTIONALLY painful! I've mentioned before in other threads how, when I get stressed out and/or bored, I used to go to the drive-thru for food or a diet coke. Now, I'm learning that I need to do alternative activities that do not revolve around food. Old habits die hard! But, for me at least, these little drive-thru jaunts were just excuses to get out of the house, since I have an 11 month old at home. So we decided to go out, but not to McDs. ;)

Today, we went to the library and played there, then to the mall and played on the indoor playground. My poor child was so exhausted by the time we came home, but I was happy that I filled my time with things that didn't revolve around food. I had a major temptation from CinnaBon (dang those baking smells in the mall!) but I was strong! I keep remembering "The Real Costs of Cheating" and I was motivated to stick with the IP plan!

tawanda 10-10-2013 04:43 PM

Does anyone know of an alternative for the IP Crispy Cereal? I love it but I too am concerned about the amount of money I am spending on the IP products. I appreciate anything anyone could share. Thanks

65X65 10-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redonkulous (Post 4859656)
Good afternoon IPeeps! Congrats PrettyMom09 on your weight loss! :carrot: And thanks, Ruth Ann and Lisa for your encouraging words to me yesterday. :) Today is my 2nd day on IP, and the cravings for carbs are less PHYSICALLY painful, but they are still very much EMOTIONALLY painful! I've mentioned before in other threads how, when I get stressed out and/or bored, I used to go to the drive-thru for food or a diet coke. Now, I'm learning that I need to do alternative activities that do not revolve around food. Old habits die hard! But, for me at least, these little drive-thru jaunts were just excuses to get out of the house, since I have an 11 month old at home. So we decided to go out, but not to McDs. ;)

Today, we went to the library and played there, then to the mall and played on the indoor playground. My poor child was so exhausted by the time we came home, but I was happy that I filled my time with things that didn't revolve around food. I had a major temptation from CinnaBon (dang those baking smells in the mall!) but I was strong! I keep remembering "The Real Costs of Cheating" and I was motivated to stick with the IP plan!

A big Hoo-RAY for you!!

We all fight this one day...(sometimes hour by hour)...and one pound at a time. One is NOT a lonely number on this board. Don't forget it.

kcandponies 10-10-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tawanda (Post 4859658)
Does anyone know of an alternative for the IP Crispy Cereal? I love it but I too am concerned about the amount of money I am spending on the IP products. I appreciate anything anyone could share. Thanks

I would like to know this too. Also, if anyone knows of similar fruit type ready to drink shakes, like the strawberry/banana and mango drinks.

I might be quitting with my coach, depending on how my weigh in goes tonight, and am worried I won't be able to find alternatives for chocolate pudding, the fruit drinks, and crispy cereal for recipes.

dak1lls 10-10-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbySister (Post 4859593)
Hi everyone!

I decided to start IP almost 2 weeks ago. My oldest sister's wedding is the first weekend in November and I figured this would be a good way to kick my diet into gear. A bit about myself: at my heaviest I was about 180, then lost weight through diet and (hard) exercise down to ~138, but over the past 2 years let my weight creep up again. I still work out a lot, but I tend to stuff my face with cookies after....

Anyway, after 1 week on the diet, I went from 162 to about 152. 10 pounds technically, but about 5 of those pounds were vacation bloat. I was super strict, no cheats whatsoever!! Totally proud of myself...and then fell right off my high horse into a bowl of ice cream and other good stuff the day after my weigh in. Damn. But it was one day and this week (#2) I've been back to being good! I just need support! I'm hoping when the cravings hit I can post stuff to help me remember why I'm doing this (3 weeks to a wedding...need to look fabulous).

I CAN do this!!! I've still been working out a lot, just having an extra shake (my coach suggested it since I exercise almost every day pretty hard). She says I can definitely lose the weight by November, so fingers crossed I lose the weight and stay out of the ice cream aisle! Good luck to everyone!

You sure can do this! I think an extra unrestricted packet is a good idea if you are working out. Keep in mind that it can stall your losses though, but you can definitely still lose inches. This is such a great place to discuss challenges and victories. It is helpful to see how others are working through them to stay OP as well. Don't look in the past, you're not going that way! Forget about the ice cream, take each day as it comes. You got this! You are going to look fabulous for the wedding. :hug:

tawanda 10-10-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleStar (Post 4859578)
Has anyone ever tried making Rainbow's homemade mayonnaise and crab cakes! OMG, so satisfying! I am incredibly full a couple hours later.

I've put the recipe and my review in my blog, if anyone is interested.

I'm also looking for other recipes to review, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Yes I have made both and they tasted awesome. I so appreciate all the hard work Rainbow did to share with us.

MelissaKate73 10-10-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleStar (Post 4859578)
Has anyone ever tried making Rainbow's homemade mayonnaise and crab cakes! OMG, so satisfying! I am incredibly full a couple hours later.

I've put the recipe and my review in my blog, if anyone is interested.

I'm also looking for other recipes to review, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Just read your recipe, thanks! Off to try making my own mayo, because that WF "amazin" mayo is "amazin"ly nasty! Do you think this recipe would work with salmon instead of crab? I love salmon croquettes, and they really look like your crab cakes.

dak1lls 10-10-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 (Post 4859684)
Just read your recipe, thanks! Off to try making my own mayo, because that WF "amazin" mayo is "amazin"ly nasty! Do you think this recipe would work with salmon instead of crab? I love salmon croquettes, and they really look like your crab cakes.

I have never made the crab cakes but I make this mayo all the time. I actually will add diced dill pickles to it and use it as a sauce on my blackened tilapia. I also made egg salad for lunch with it and ate it in lettuce wraps. I use it every way I would use mayo. Sometimes it turns out quite thick and will get thicker in the fridge. Other times it seems to just stay runny. I haven't hit on what I am doing differently each time. :?:

Princess Peacock 10-10-2013 05:24 PM

I am going to try making this mayo also. Y'all are correct - the WF mayo is nasty!

MelissaKate73 10-10-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4859704)
I have never made the crab cakes but I make this mayo all the time. I actually will add diced dill pickles to it and use it as a sauce on my blackened tilapia. I also made egg salad for lunch with it and ate it in lettuce wraps. I use it every way I would use mayo. Sometimes it turns out quite thick and will get thicker in the fridge. Other times it seems to just stay runny. I haven't hit on what I am doing differently each time. :?:

Can I ask you how you make a lettuce wrap? Is it as simple as it sounds...just wrapping some lettuce around the food? Can you tell I'm not real kitchen savvy? lol