Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #31  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

So last night around 9 pm I was suddenly feeling ravenous. First time in the over four weeks I've been on the program. Gave me a sinking feeling that maybe this wasn't going to be as easy for the long haul as it's been so far. Then I woke up and remembered I hadn't had my restricted snack for the day, which I normally eat around 8 pm. Within 5 minutes I felt such a difference! Hunger gone, energy restored - it was really quite an amazing feeling. Made me realize I never truly let myself get hungry before in my "old" life and that food IS fuel. Great revelation.

Kathy
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #32  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
If it is tight muscles in your jaw causing the pain, put the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and press it up there as hard as you can for 30-45 Mississippi's. About 20 seconds in it should get harder to do because of fatigue. It forces your jaw muscles to tire and relax.
Did anyone read this and NOT try it? I couldn't not try it, and I (thankfully!) don't even have jaw pain! I hope it works for those that do!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
Did anyone read this and NOT try it? I couldn't not try it, and I (thankfully!) don't even have jaw pain! I hope it works for those that do!
I'm also thinking that that might also be a great exercise to firm up the chin line! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #34  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hey Susie!!! I'll be in Canada celebrating my first Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend too!!! It should be interesting since I don't know what kind of foods my SIL makes for the holidays. Plus it's the first time I'm meeting DH's siblings and their families so I don't want to offend. We're going to be there all day so I'll just have to keep my IP foods handy and hope there is at least some salad, lol!!!!
We usually do chicken rather than turkey because my dad always found turkey too dry, but most do turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, veggies, dinner rolls, gravy and pumpkin pie. Hope you enjoy yourself and your visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
I am right on your heels susie so if you need a push to the onederland line let me know!!
Thanks! You are right above me on the Halloween challenge sheet and I always check since we are so close to one another! Makes me smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
Haha! I have suffered with TMJ since I was 15 and I learned that trick while studying Massage Therapy.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!
It is YOUR money, my dear. If you feel ready to go it "alone" & feel armed with all the info (or if your coach is one of "those" who isn't that helpful) you don't owe him any explanation. Just cancel your next appt and move on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
LISA!!!! Did your slug just move 2lbs???
Yup. 2.5. The scale finally caught up (or caught on) to the fact that I'm down another size.
Thanks for noticing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Today is my fifth month anniversary on IP, and I have managed to slowly but surely lose 50 pounds during this time. My progress is a lot slower than most people on IP, but this is the first time in my life that I've ever been able to lose 50 pounds in 5 months, so I'm celebrating by staying 100% OP!!
I've celebrated a LOT of special days by purposely staying 100% when everyone around me encouraged a different route.
Just remember, slow and steady won the race between the tortiose and the hare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Reading about the Xanthan gum used as a thickener, I would like to tell everyone who is using alternatives that I used Xanthan gum and guar gum to turn any protein powder into a pudding, this way I have much variety of having pudding instead of just a shake and I find it tastes better this way and I like the fact that I eat the pudding vs drinking my meal.

What I do is I add a little bit (about 1/8 of tsp) of both xanthan and guar gum to the scoop of protein, and I prepare this exactly like I prepare the more expensive packaged protein puddings I used to buy from IP or Nashua, just mix with some water and I get this kind of elasticy mixture (which I don't mind) of a pudding.

I find that preparing my pudding this way saves me tons of money, it's been a while that I did not buy package protein, I still have some pudding and some soups, but my aim is not to buy any more packaged stuff.

My next goal is to create my own soup mixes made with unflavored protein. If it will be a success, I will post about it.
I make my own puddings, too!

No need to reinvent the wheel on the soups. Evepet already cleared the path!
My purpose for reinvention was due to all the soy in the packets (which I gave up in January). I just started making my own soup "packets" a couple of weeks ago using plain syntrax medical.

Evepet's blog is here http://diettalktoday.com/

I have about 8 boxes of non-soy protein IP products left but when they are gone, it will be alts all the way.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
It's weigh in day and Aunt Flo showed up. hopefully I still show a loss. My PMS hasn't been that bad but I am feeling a little bloated. Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!
If your coach truly cares they will understand that most people cannot afford this diet, do what you have to. At least you are not quitting the diet just making different choices on where you purchase the food.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #37  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
So last night around 9 pm I was suddenly feeling ravenous. First time in the over four weeks I've been on the program. Gave me a sinking feeling that maybe this wasn't going to be as easy for the long haul as it's been so far. Then I woke up and remembered I hadn't had my restricted snack for the day, which I normally eat around 8 pm. Within 5 minutes I felt such a difference! Hunger gone, energy restored - it was really quite an amazing feeling. Made me realize I never truly let myself get hungry before in my "old" life and that food IS fuel. Great revelation.

Kathy
Oh my Gosh, the same thing happened to me last night too. I was hungry even in the late afternoon, but I hadn't had my bar in the am like I normally had. I had a shake, but then once I had my restricted snack at 8pm,I felt better. Food is fuel and I also realized that before all the mindless eating wasn't even to eat for fuel, it was to eat for whatever other reason.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone

This week I predict a gain, if there is I will just look past that number and plug away!

If anyone here is a praying /good thoughts person please keep a few good words for my mom and dad, the blood sucker insurance company is trying to jack them royally over all of this

I am so angry and upset, you pay a stupid premium and take out the largest amount you can just for something like this!!! The adjuster thinks they can rebuild! If anyone has Face Book you can look up farsideacres that is our friends face book page which is public and you can see all 3 properties and the damage. My parents house is /was the blue house

I have been crying off and on all day, I am just worried sick, things were going to good!!! ARGH! And dh did not remember my b-day until I said something late last night. what kraptastic week, more kraptastic for everyone back home. I just need so very positive vibes please

Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #39  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It is YOUR money, my dear. If you feel ready to go it "alone" & feel armed with all the info (or if your coach is one of "those" who isn't that helpful) you don't owe him any explanation. Just cancel your next appt and move on!

Yup. 2.5. The scale finally caught up (or caught on) to the fact that I'm down another size.
Thanks for noticing

I've celebrated a LOT of special days by purposely staying 100% when everyone around me encouraged a different route.
Just remember, slow and steady won the race between the tortiose and the hare.

I make my own puddings, too!

No need to reinvent the wheel on the soups. Evepet already cleared the path!
My purpose for reinvention was due to all the soy in the packets (which I gave up in January). I just started making my own soup "packets" a couple of weeks ago using plain syntrax medical.

Evepet's blog is here http://diettalktoday.com/

I have about 8 boxes of non-soy protein IP products left but when they are gone, it will be alts all the way.
Thanks Lisa

What I am aiming to do is not the vegetable soup itself, but rather a dry mix that would be a substitute to the packaged IP soup, for example I would have to mix some spices & herbs, dried onions, dried mushrooms, etc. until I get a nice flavour to which I will add the unflavored protein powder, this way, I can measure a portion, bring it with me to work, add some water to it and microwave it.

If anybody already came up with a soup mix like this, please let me know.

Thank you everybody.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Has anyone ever tried making Rainbow's homemade mayonnaise and crab cakes! OMG, so satisfying! I am incredibly full a couple hours later.

I've put the recipe and my review in my blog, if anyone is interested.

I'm also looking for other recipes to review, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Has anyone ever tried making Rainbow's homemade mayonnaise and crab cakes! OMG, so satisfying! I am incredibly full a couple hours later.

I've put the recipe and my review in my blog, if anyone is interested.

I'm also looking for other recipes to review, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
I just read through your blog and love how you take the snap shots! I have been wondering what the zucchini muffins look like, etc. I'm going to try some of those recipes. Thank you!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Default new to blogging so hello!

Hi everyone!

I decided to start IP almost 2 weeks ago. My oldest sister's wedding is the first weekend in November and I figured this would be a good way to kick my diet into gear. A bit about myself: at my heaviest I was about 180, then lost weight through diet and (hard) exercise down to ~138, but over the past 2 years let my weight creep up again. I still work out a lot, but I tend to stuff my face with cookies after....

Anyway, after 1 week on the diet, I went from 162 to about 152. 10 pounds technically, but about 5 of those pounds were vacation bloat. I was super strict, no cheats whatsoever!! Totally proud of myself...and then fell right off my high horse into a bowl of ice cream and other good stuff the day after my weigh in. Damn. But it was one day and this week (#2) I've been back to being good! I just need support! I'm hoping when the cravings hit I can post stuff to help me remember why I'm doing this (3 weeks to a wedding...need to look fabulous).

I CAN do this!!! I've still been working out a lot, just having an extra shake (my coach suggested it since I exercise almost every day pretty hard). She says I can definitely lose the weight by November, so fingers crossed I lose the weight and stay out of the ice cream aisle! Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I just read through your blog and love how you take the snap shots! I have been wondering what the zucchini muffins look like, etc. I'm going to try some of those recipes. Thank you!
Thanks EMS! I just take a few pics with my iPhone. Not professional pics, but very realistic. I'm a very visual person when it comes to food, often will order the items in the menu that are pictured (those days are over!). I also figure that they will be realistic pictures. Sometimes it's frustrating when pictures in cookbooks don't look anything like when I make them. Professional cooks and professional photographers = not something that I can make!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Today is my fifth month anniversary on IP, and I have managed to slowly but surely lose 50 pounds during this time. My progress is a lot slower than most people on IP, but this is the first time in my life that I've ever been able to lose 50 pounds in 5 months, so I'm celebrating by staying 100% OP!!

I am so happy to hear from someone that has been losing slow and steady. I have lost 20 lb in less than 4 months. Right now I feel so frustrated that I haven't lost more, I'm trying not to just give up. I have lost inches but the weight is very slow to leave. One week I gained 1 lb and my coach was not very supportive at all. Told me to do better next week and rushed me out the door. I don't think he is a coach. I have learned more from this sight than him.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I am so happy to hear from someone that has been losing slow and steady. I have lost 20 lb in less than 4 months. Right now I feel so frustrated that I haven't lost more, I'm trying not to just give up. I have lost inches but the weight is very slow to leave. One week I gained 1 lb and my coach was not very supportive at all. Told me to do better next week and rushed me out the door. I don't think he is a coach. I have learned more from this sight than him.
Hang in there! I've felt like giving up many many times, but when I start thinking about what's most likely to happen if I give up now, the picture is not pretty. It is very hard to be in such a strict diet and not lose weight like everyone else doing the same diet, but at least the overall trend is going down. You can do this! I also gave up on my coach because of the lack of "coaching".

Last edited by PrettyMom09; 10-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread