indian food advice!

• Hello everyone!

I have been invited out for indian food for a birthday and I have no idea what to gravitate toward, there is no menu online!

Any dishes you know are IP friendly?

TIA!
  • It is my understanding that Tandoor chicken, while grilled, has been marinated in yogurt. So not ideal. You could see if they have Kadai Chicken which is spiced, but not marinated in yogurt. I have generally found that indian restaurants are not easy but the people are easy going and can try to make it work. It's a challenge though. Any chance you can swing by their restaurant and check out the menu?
  • Maybe you can call ahead and ask about menu options.
  • Ok I make indian/Pakistani food every day. Stay away from Masalas, curries, kharis, pilau and biryani. They contain rice, fried onions, yogurt and tomatoes.

You safest bet is chicken tikka- simple dry spice rub and grilled. you can eat goat or lamb kabobs. You can do lamb kebabs- but ask is they have onions in them but do not eat shami kabobs!

And of course avoid- naans, roti, rhita (yogurt with chilies, onions, cucumbers ect)

HTH
  • My favorite Indian food dish is Palak Paneer, because it is mostly spinach..but they do put cheese in it, so this could be a problem. You may be able to ask for it without the cheese though, although it may not taste as good.
  • Paneer means cheese. It is super easy to make, I love paneer with just about anything in it. YUMMYYY!! But not IP friendly
    Just like the word Chi mean tea in 30+ languages, so I laugh when someone says they are having a Chi Tea Latte
  • Thanks so much ladies!! Great advice!
  • Not IP advice but go to Narayanni's!!

And I did fill up on Chicken tikka there and all the veggies that didn't have sauces.