IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/9/2013

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Last couple of days I realized my jeans were getting really baggy...actually some friends were telling me my jeans were to big. So I finally pulled out my huge garbage bag of jeans that I had put in the back of the closet because they got way too tight. I tried on 2 different pairs - and they fit perfectly! So happy to be back into my old jeans. Now... I would like for those to get big so I have an excuse for new jeans!
  • Quote: Got myself a nice pair of size 12 dress pants!! I said no way they would fit but my sister just said to try them! Going to be showing those off at work this afternoon for sure!!!
    WOW Susie. Congrats! I remember a time when i was sad to be in 12s...and now I'd jump for joy. You go! (I am looking forward to the 12 size but have a ways to go)

Quote: Well, after several weeks of holding steady, I lost 6.8 pounds this week- I am in shock! I knew that the inches were coming off, but that is my biggest loss since week one. Wahoo!
    StormyS ...down 6.8 is AMAZING! Great job. I'm jealous

Quote: I've been OP for 20 weeks & lost 62lbs! From a size 16 to a size 10! I actually tried on some 8's I have & they alllllllmost fit! I love this plan and I've been referred EVERYONE I know to try it!
    theEguarantee: I am in awe. Thanks for posting the pictures. So inspiring. That is so great for 20 weeks! Congrats!!

Quote: yesterday I talked to my dad who sounded like he had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders, he was upbeat and cheery. They are getting a modular home and they will start digging the basement in a few weeks. He will settle with insurance by Friday. They will have NO MORTGAGE, no loans NADA there is a silver lining in all of this.

Anywho today is my bday....
    Sarahbell so glad to hear that things are turning around for your family. what they've been through is so difficult. I am happy things are on the upturn for you all.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!

Happy Wednesday to all.
  • Quote: Good Morning my lovely IPers.

Today is better. I feel so good today. This is the last time I will talk abt my parents BUT yesterday I talked to my dad who sounded like he had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders, he was upbeat and cheery. They are getting a modular home and they will start digging the basement in a few weeks. He will settle with insurance by Friday. They will have NO MORTGAGE, no loans NADA there is a silver lining in all of this.

Anywho today is my bday. DH has not said happy bday to me yet. So lets see what he does. Also I need a winter coat,but I hate to spend $$$$ on one when I am shrinking (I hope). I did pick out 2 new coach purses and wallets that I want too

OH! I found a a 0/0/0 caramel syrup at the dollar store that DOES NOT tast fakey-artificial and gross. it tastes like caramel is a IP friendly OMG it is so good. it is called café al fresco

anywho happy HUMPDAY!
    Happy Birthday! Glad your world has a rainbow in it today!!
  • Quote: congrats to everyone & their accomplishments!! I'm feeling great these days & wanted to share my most recent progress pic! I've been OP for 20 weeks & lost 62lbs! From a size 16 to a size 10! I actually tried on some 8's I have & they alllllllmost fit! I love this plan and I've been referred EVERYONE I know to try it!
    Congratulations! You look fantastic - and happy
  • I saw a two pound drop on my scale this morning! And you know what's most amazing about that? TODAY is my WI day! That never happens for me. I always seem to see drops a day or two after my WI.

My goal weight was 143 and I'm now 138. My coach wanted me to be about 3 pounds below goal so I would have some wiggle room in maintenance. It's really tempting to move the goal post and lose more weight. My belly still has some fat to spare. But I think the most important thing about this diet is learning to eat in real life, not trying to get as skinny as possible.

I think I will phase off and focus all of my energy on learning how to eat in maintenance. The holiday season will be a big test - I always gain weight during the holidays. I'm going to try to stick very closely to Phase 4 through the end of the year. Then in January, I will do an annual reboot in which I can see if it's possible for me to actually flatten out this lifelong round belly of mine.
  • Quote: congrats to everyone & their accomplishments!! I'm feeling great these days & wanted to share my most recent progress pic! I've been OP for 20 weeks & lost 62lbs! From a size 16 to a size 10! I actually tried on some 8's I have & they alllllllmost fit! I love this plan and I've been referred EVERYONE I know to try it!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You look WONDERFUL. I am total awe of you. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • Quote: Hi Everyone!

Just checking in- it's been busy around here recently. Well, after several weeks of holding steady, I lost 6.8 pounds this week- I am in shock! I knew that the inches were coming off, but that is my biggest loss since week one. Wahoo!

On a related note, I am down a couple of sizes and I don't have much in the size I am in. I am only 1-2 sizes away from my regular size, so I don't want to buy much, but I can't wear stuff that doesn't look professional for work. I tried the goodwill in town, but I've only found shirts not pants or skirts that would work (it's small and always seems very picked over). We don't have a good consignment place. ( I did however just buy a red j.crew miniskirt to wear with tights! I haven't worn a miniskirt since before I was pregnant!)

Anyone have any ideas for how to find a few things kind of cheaply? Had any luck on ebay? I'm worried about not trying it on first?

I don't have time to drive the 3 hours to the next bigger city....

Can you take a couple pair of pants and have them tailored? I have done that with two suits and it has helped for now....
  • Quote: Well done, Eguarantee! You look fantastic. I love it when people share their photos. Someday I'll get the courage to post mine, I hope - it took me 5 months just to feel comfortable enough to add an avatar!

I so relate. I cannot post pix yet, too self-conscious! But seeing others is so inspirational!!!!
  • Quote: I saw a two pound drop on my scale this morning! And you know what's most amazing about that? TODAY is my WI day! That never happens for me. I always seem to see drops a day or two after my WI.

My goal weight was 143 and I'm now 138. My coach wanted me to be about 3 pounds below goal so I would have some wiggle room in maintenance. It's really tempting to move the goal post and lose more weight. My belly still has some fat to spare. But I think the most important thing about this diet is learning to eat in real life, not trying to get as skinny as possible.

I think I will phase off and focus all of my energy on learning how to eat in maintenance. The holiday season will be a big test - I always gain weight during the holidays. I'm going to try to stick very closely to Phase 4 through the end of the year. Then in January, I will do an annual reboot in which I can see if it's possible for me to actually flatten out this lifelong round belly of mine.

Congrats!!!
  • Quote: Good Morning my lovely IPers.

Today is better. I feel so good today. This is the last time I will talk abt my parents BUT yesterday I talked to my dad who sounded like he had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders, he was upbeat and cheery. They are getting a modular home and they will start digging the basement in a few weeks. He will settle with insurance by Friday. They will have NO MORTGAGE, no loans NADA there is a silver lining in all of this.

Anywho today is my bday. DH has not said happy bday to me yet. So lets see what he does. Also I need a winter coat,but I hate to spend $$$$ on one when I am shrinking (I hope). I did pick out 2 new coach purses and wallets that I want too

OH! I found a a 0/0/0 caramel syrup at the dollar store that DOES NOT tast fakey-artificial and gross. it tastes like caramel is a IP friendly OMG it is so good. it is called café al fresco

anywho happy HUMPDAY!

I use the caramel syrup in my coffee every morning tastes delicious.
  • New clothes
    Quote: Happy Wednesday!!

Weigh-in tomorrow! I'm feeling good about this one. My new $5 jeans that I got about a month ago are now falling at the hips and saggy in the bum... But over the weekend my sister moved in with my husband and I and she let me go through her closet. Got myself a nice pair of size 12 dress pants!! I said no way they would fit but my sister just said to try them! Going to be showing those off at work this afternoon for sure!!!
    shrinkingsusie - I think clothes victories are the nicest ones because they are such concrete signs of the progress made. We all know that the pounds can waiver, pop up, stall, whatever, but those clothes really let us know that we have been working hard.

Enjoy wearing those new size 12's and walk proud and tall in them. You deserve it for all your hard work.
  • Started phase three today and it has been nice to have something different for breakfast. Not really like the plain yogurt, does anyone use other flavors of yogurt on phase three???
  • Huge weight loss!
    Quote: Hi Everyone!

Just checking in- it's been busy around here recently. Well, after several weeks of holding steady, I lost 6.8 pounds this week- I am in shock! I knew that the inches were coming off, but that is my biggest loss since week one. Wahoo!

On a related note, I am down a couple of sizes and I don't have much in the size I am in. I am only 1-2 sizes away from my regular size, so I don't want to buy much, but I can't wear stuff that doesn't look professional for work. I tried the goodwill in town, but I've only found shirts not pants or skirts that would work (it's small and always seems very picked over). We don't have a good consignment place. ( I did however just buy a red j.crew miniskirt to wear with tights! I haven't worn a miniskirt since before I was pregnant!)

Anyone have any ideas for how to find a few things kind of cheaply? Had any luck on ebay? I'm worried about not trying it on first?

I don't have time to drive the 3 hours to the next bigger city....
    I have bought clothing on ebay but if you are looking for clothes that you will only be wearing for a short while, you need to check that the shipping charges don't make it less than ideal. Since you also can't try things on, that may be a tough way to go but if you are bidding for known names that you know how they fit, maybe give it a try.
  • eguarantee: you look fantastic. Love the picture!

susie: you're shrinking! it is so much fun getting into smaller sizes and showing them off. i love getting dressed for work now.

stormy: congrats on the 6.8 lbs lost this week. it is such a great feeling and yet challenging when you start going down in sizes. my local goodwill never has much but i am lucky there is a Clothes Mentor and Plato's Closet here, so I can find some nice things at low prices. Walmart and Sam's Club have some good deals too. Maybe you can check out eBay. Sometimes you can buy clothes in "lots" at really good deals. I did not want to buy new clothes when i was only a couple sizes away from goal, but of course it was a necessity.

sarahbell: i am glad to hear things are looking up for your family. i know that will bring you a much needed peace. it is hard on us when our loved ones are hurting.

2much2do: congrats on you losses at WI! WTG!

Not much to report on my end. I am still hanging in with P2. The first week has gone by quickly and it will be P3 and maintenance before I know it.
  • Happy Birthday!
    Quote: Good Morning my lovely IPers.

You certainly deserve a big happy birthday from all of us. You have spent so much time taking care of others that you get a big celebration from us.

By the way, it is OK to keep mentioning your parents because we all have concerns for their welfare and our fingers crossed that every day is better and better for them and for you. It is so wonderful that things are getting better and we hope for many sunny days in their future.