3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288424-home-90%25-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-1-a.html)

DJ72 10-09-2013 10:46 AM

Hello everybody! Today is Day 9 for me!
Aiming for 100% today! Pulled off 100% yesterday!
kcandponies.... Have a great ride! I have two horses in my backyard that need a few wet saddle blankets but are buddy sour as heck. I can't wait til my arena is done! Then I can ride but they will be close to each other.
We are having a cool frosty morning here today. Shiver. Not looking forward to when the snow flies! All of you that live warm climates should REALLY appreciate it. Lol
HAVE AN AMAZING DAY EVERYBODY and stay on plan. We are doing this baaaaaby!

AliExpat 10-09-2013 10:46 AM

Thank Meeshellee!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by animallover (Post 4858378)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm so happy to see this. I try so hard to be 100%, but I'm not perfect. I'm thrilled to tears to find a "home". :hug:

Hi animallover, it was Meeshellee's idea to have a 90% board (apparently she's my MUSE, lol). It just happened that I was going to post for the day and decided to started a new thread, lol. :hug:

cassieleeanne 10-09-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxy (Post 4858481)
How wonderful to see such postive attitudes today. It's unfortunate that people, who in their hearts think they are doing good for others, actually are doing the opposite. While intentions are good, words can destroy!

Have a great on plan day everyone. Today is my last day on Phase 3. I am VERY nervous about starting maintenance. I'm not sure how to handle the choices. I don't want to slip backwards after I have a whole new wardrobe that I LOVE. Fingers crossed for me to figure this out!

Have a great "hump" day.

Did you gain weight on phase three??

DJ72 10-09-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4858510)
I find chicken can get dry and boring, lol. have you thought about making a "gravy" with your veggies??? sautee your choice of approved veggies until tender (I like mushrooms, peppers and a bit of garlic paste and tomato paste) then blend them with a bit of non-fat, low sodium chicken or veggie stock and make a "gravy" to pour over my chicken. Just make sure you're using 2 cups. I used this as my base for tomato sauce as a way to get veggies into my DH when he was a strict "Meat-a-tarian".

WOWZERS! That is a super duper great idea. And how sneaky of you to sneak veggies into your hubby. Lmao

kaplods 10-09-2013 10:50 AM

I know it's only been one day, but I really think this thread is actually helping me get closer to 100%.

I feel literally as if a weight has been lifted and I found it easier to shut down most of the between meal eating.

I'm also trying to convince my gut and heart into feeling and believing what my head "knows" - that I'm eating "meals," not "meal replacements" or "snacks."

The term, "meal replacement" is functionaly practical, but using it makes it sound (to me) that I'm not eating "real" (legitimate, satisfying, appropriate...) food, which tends to inspire regret amd longing for "real" food.

I can make a kick-a** "shake" that tastes more like an off-plan indulgence than a "real meal," but calling it a "meal replacement" or even "packet" can get me feeling like whatever I've eaten isn't really food, not quite. And if it isn't really food, how can it be satisfying?

So that's my goal for today (and in perpetuity): to see and appreciate my plan foods as real food - every bit as good, worthy, and body-worthy as any other.

The concept of "meal replacement" is a huge mental barrier for me. I've fought these barrier-battles before.

When I first began losing the weight this time around, I had to stop envisioning full plates full of food when I thought of meals and snacks. Before I made the mental shift, meals were dinner plates heaping with food, and snacks filled saucer or dessert plate.

I've also decided that I'm not going to change my ticker until November 1st. I've been frustrated lately with the lack of satisfaction I'm feeling when changing my ticker every pound.

I may not stick with monthly updates, but I joined an October challenge on one of my SparkPeople website teams and decided that I'd postpone my scale updates to make the contest special.

kcandponies 10-09-2013 10:50 AM

I never eat just plain dry and grilled meat, unless it's steak.
Ideas: Ground turkey or beef, mix with cumin and chili pepper for "taco" meat
chop raw chicken and zucchini, saute together in pan with some oil then add dry cajun seasoning to coat - spicy! :)
Shake lemon pepper sasoning over fish, wrap in foil and bake.
Make chicken casserole with a packet of potato purree, water, chopped broccoli and diced chicken.
Grate 1c zucchini or yellow squash, add 1c spinach and bake with eggs/egg whites (kinda like quiche)
Shred cooked chicken and add Frank's red hot sauce, chopped celery, eat in lettuce leaves like a wrap.
Make stuffed peppers with green peppers, chopped cabbage and ground meat

Let me know if you need anymore ideas...these are some of my regular meals!

ktgrrl 10-09-2013 10:53 AM

Good morning my imperfect friends!! I was so stoked to get to work this morning and share a MAJOR NSV! I've been pretty much on plan since the beginning of August, and started out wearing a size 28 pant. This morning I finally got up the nerve to try on an older pair that's a 24, since my 28's are getting majorly baggy and.... they fit!!! The 24's FIT!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: So excited!!! They didn't fit perfectly, they were still a little snug, but I got them over my bum and belly and buttoned up! I'm sooo happy!!!!! I hope everyone has an awesome day!! I seriously cannot stop dancing in my head! And onto other things...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4857981)
I am struggling today ya'll. I keep walking to my office candy drawer and just as I go to open it I turn around. GRRR! I can't STAND days like this.

Boy do I understand this!! I'm a massive sweets lover. I did see something pretty awesome in one of Rainbow's threads. She makes a mock "Rolo" using WF products. A little WF chocolate syrup in the bottom of a little cup (I'm thinking sorta like a small condiment cup) and swirled around, a dollop of WF caramel dip, and top off with more chocolate syrup. Freeze and eat. They sound awesome to me, though I haven't tried it yet. I'll be placing a WF order today. And am keeping some of the other tips to mind as well. I hope you were able to resist, cuz I know how hard it can be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplods (Post 4858260)
I think there are at least three types of 90%ers:

1. Those who aim for 100% and yet often fall short of their aim
2. Those who aim for 95% and fall short
3. Those who aim for 90% and hit 90%.

You could say I have very bad aim, because I'm always falling short, but even so, I ger closer to home than if I hadn't tried.

For me, "living on the slope, is more necessity than choice. I would be perfect if I could, but perfection is just not in my skill set. I have two choices accept the imperfection and move on, or throw my hands in the air and give up.

Luckily I have learned to be stubborn and persistent. Only giving up is failure.

I love this!! Thank you for sharing and for hanging out! You seem awesome! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 4858369)
A thought I had this morning....there are many who believe the 100% all the time, all the way is THE only way, and yet support those on an alternative IP plan, or even accept those who say they are on IP, while not using any IP products. Seems strange to be so accepting of some and not others.

I am planning to ride my horse this afternoon, and find I need more food on those days. I have packed my lunchbox for the day (won't be home until 7 pm) with everything I need to have a 100% day.
Breakfast - shake
Lunch - Turkey burger, lettuce
Snack - 2c Jicama
Extra - IP bar and egg white if needed
Dinner - will have some more veggies and a pudding when I get home :)

Have a great day everyone!

Sounds so fun!!! I'm jealous as I sit behind my big desk with the phones ringing. Awesome job planning ahead!! WOOTWOOT!!!

kcandponies 10-09-2013 10:54 AM

Kaplods, I found a store that carries Torani syrup sweetened with spenda. Bought the Almond Roca for my tea/coffee and S'mores flavor. Add s'mores to the dark chocolate IP pudding mix and O.....M....G..... Definitely NOT feeling like I am on a diet!!!!

nolasmurf 10-09-2013 10:56 AM

So I've been looking at my finances and things are getting tight. I know I shouldn't put a # or cost to getting heathly but it's tough. I'm pretty simple taste wisest I'm thinking I could just use the EAS shakes and the quest bars and be perfectly happy. The quest bars work out to a dollar cheaper than IP products and the shakes I'm not sure yet because I have gone to check the price at SAMs or Wally World.

Any words of wisdom?

dak1lls 10-09-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4858531)
So I've been looking at my finances and things are getting tight. I know I shouldn't put a # or cost to getting heathly but it's tough. I'm pretty simple taste wisest I'm thinking I could just use the EAS shakes and the quest bars and be perfectly happy. The quest bars work out to a dollar cheaper than IP products and the shakes I'm not sure yet because I have gone to check the price at SAMs or Wally World.

Any words of wisdom?

Detour bars at Sam's Club: The Low Sugar variety pack of 20. They are really good. Also check out Nashua Nutrition or dietdirect.com. They have boxes of products similar to IP products: many say they are identical foil packets, just renamed under another brand. They sell for around $12 for a box of 7. Protidiet, Proti-Thin and Health Smart and Wonderslim are all brands I have purchased. Just watch for aspartame. Do you have the alternative product guide to help identify good alternatives to choose?

DJ72 10-09-2013 10:59 AM

My quote for the day.... "A mistake is only a mistake until you have learned from it. Then it becomes a lesson"

Apparently I am well schooled!

nolasmurf 10-09-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4858534)
Detour bars at Sam's Club: The Low Sugar variety pack of 20. They are really good. Also check out Nashua Nutrition or dietdirect.com. They have boxes of products similar to IP products: many say they are identical foil packets, just renamed under another brand. They sell for around $12 for a box of 7. Protidiet, Proti-Thin and Health Smart and Wonderslim are all brands I have purchased. Just watch for aspartame. Do you have the alternative product guide to help identify good alternatives to choose?

I do have the guide thanks. I'll check out the detour bars thanks!

ktgrrl 10-09-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Any words of wisdom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4858534)

Because I'm full of opinions today - DH and I have done this using only alternative products. I order from Nashua Nutrition (placed an order yesterday) and like the Protidiet products. I'm a huge fan of the chicken noodle soup (have it every day for lunch) and some of the other products as well. I find the price to be pretty reasonable, especially seeing what some people pay for IP products! As for the EAS shakes, I find them for about $5 at Target for the four pack. And they're tasty. I've gotten into the habit this week of having one for breakfast in the car. Good luck!

dak1lls 10-09-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4858538)
I do have the guide thanks. I'll check out the detour bars thanks!

I forgot about the South Beach Meal bars I bought at Walmart. The chocolate peanut butter is my new favorite bar! It is chewy/crunchy and I felt like I was eating a candy bar!

nalaroo 10-09-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Any words of wisdom?

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control drinks - I've been using them for 6 months, they work great (63.8lb loss). About $1.25 a piece. 4 packs are available at most grocery and discount stores (walmart/target). Sam's and BJ's sell 24 packs. They are not available at Costco in my area.

I definitely get my restricted items from Nashua Nutrition. I'm too carb sensitive for the Quest bars and the Pure Protein bars. PM me if you'd like a list of what I normally buy.

You can lose weight by using alternatives that fit within IP protocol guidelines. :D