Old 10-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #91  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Do you like eggs? I scramble up eggs when I can't tolerate anything else. I also use turkey pepperoni. I add an oz or two to days when I'm lacking in protein.
I do eggs for dinner A LOT.

I was sooooo passing out starving I just had one ounce of cheese. 3 ounces of chicken and veggies isn't enough to keep me from passing out.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #92  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Ladies I am desperate for some ideas for protein. I hate it with a passion and when I'm off program I rarely eat it, and never just plain and grilled. I usually just grill my chicken, pork and steak with some WF BBQ sauce, but I only end up choking down about 2-3 ounces then throwing the rest away. I did the same time my first time around on the program - I know I don't get enough protein.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare it so I can eat more? I love sauces and breading - obviously I can't have breading but I'm certainly open to slightly off program ideas if it means I end up eating more than 2-3 ounces a day. Thanks for any ideas!!
I use my crock pot a lot. I put my 2 cups of approved veggies in the bottom, and put pork loin chops on top. Sprinkle with no-salt seasoning & some garlic powder and fresh grated black pepper. Cook on high for about 2 hrs. Then I spread a light coating of a WF bbq sauce on the pork loin shops, and cook for another 1/2 hour. The meat is tender and moist, and the veggies fantastic. I like a combo of sliced onion, peppers, and rutabaga.

I also made a great stew with lean beef stew meat, and onions, celery, peppers, and mushrooms. Used a low-sodium/low carb beef bouillion mix that I found at my local health food store. Delicious.

Chicken breasts are also tasty cooked in a crock pot. Somehow meat turns out moist and tender. And by throwing your veggies in there too, everything cooks at the same time. No muss no fuss.

I also make turkey loaf in the crockpot. I combine a package of ground turkey (about 1 lb) with 1 egg, 1-2 tbsp each of dried parsley and onion flakes, about 1 tbsp. WF bbq sauce and 1 tbsp. of low carb catsup, dash of worcestershire sauce, about 1 tbsp. of regular mustard, and spices (pepper, thyme, garlic) and cook for about 2.5 hours.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my crockpot! Use it almost every day.

I also like to cook fish or chicken breasts in foil packets in the oven, along with some spices and vegetables. The fish/meat comes out tender, moist and flavorful. There's a good article at this link using fish in the recipe :- http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-bake...tomatoes-62306

Last edited by evepet; 10-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #93  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Though I have put a LOT of effort into staying 100% OP since I started 7 weeks ago, I have to admit that I feel there is a definite place for this thread and no one should feel threatened by it, or in my opinion, be judgmental of it.

I would agree with something said by Pdukas (and others) - "we all have to fight this battle in our own way, with our own weapons and in a manner that we are comfortable with".

For me, I am not comfortable 'tempting fate' by allowing myself to stray from following strict IP protocol - I know myself well enough to be fearful of the proverbial "slippery slope" I would find myself on. But who am I to say others are wrong or don't know themselves as well as I do -- just because they have a different opinion? If I were providing counsel to someone just starting out on IP (or any time for that matter), I would never suggest they go for anything BUT being 100% OP, but in reality, before long each will find his/her own path and making his/her own decisions, and despite how influential I may like to think I would be , that path and those decisions may differ from my own! That's life!

This will likely be my first and last post (and visit) to this thread, just as I'm sure most of you would choose not to spend much time on the 100% thread. But I did want to lend support for your right to have a 90% thread on the IP forum as much as we have the right to a 100% thread! Different strokes!

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-08-2013 at 11:51 PM.
slownsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 231/211/140

Height: 5'7

I love this new thread! This is my second attempt at IP diet. On my 1st attempt I was doing well for a week & then just started gorging on junk food & gave up . This time around is much better & it's because of this forum. This is a great motivator for me. I'm in my fourth week & doing pretty good. The first 2 weeks were great but for some reason the 3rd week I was craving sweets like crazy & unfortunately gave in & had a few mini donuts. I am so so disappointed in myself, but the next day I got back on track & I'm hoping that I have enough willpower not to give in again. Good luck everyone! We are all human & we all make mistakes. Just realize that even if you do mess up sometimes you can learn from it & get right back on track.
Lolu120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #95  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think there are at least three types of 90%ers:

1. Those who aim for 100% and yet often fall short of their aim
2. Those who aim for 95% and fall short
3. Those who aim for 90% and hit 90%.

You could say I have very bad aim, because I'm always falling short, but even so, I ger closer to home than if I hadn't tried.

For me, "living on the slope, is more necessity than choice. I would be perfect if I could, but perfection is just not in my skill set. I have two choices accept the imperfection and move on, or throw my hands in the air and give up.

Luckily I have learned to be stubborn and persistent. Only giving up is failure.

Last edited by kaplods; 10-09-2013 at 01:36 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #96  

Kryssybee I'm glad I'm not only one having crazy weird dreams!
Christabrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning to all my "not so perfect" ones, but my new favorite group of all time! My aim today is for perfection and I wish you all well! I just find this thread to be the most refreshing, positive, and inspirational one that I've seen on here in we'll over a year which caused me to stop posting almost completely. I'm tired of the "preachers" of IP that take over this public forum. They keep those of us away that do struggle and truly need the support! Thank you for starting this thread and remember NOBODY is PERFECT all of the TIME.
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

A thought I had this morning....there are many who believe the 100% all the time, all the way is THE only way, and yet support those on an alternative IP plan, or even accept those who say they are on IP, while not using any IP products. Seems strange to be so accepting of some and not others.

I am planning to ride my horse this afternoon, and find I need more food on those days. I have packed my lunchbox for the day (won't be home until 7 pm) with everything I need to have a 100% day.
Breakfast - shake
Lunch - Turkey burger, lettuce
Snack - 2c Jicama
Extra - IP bar and egg white if needed
Dinner - will have some more veggies and a pudding when I get home

Have a great day everyone!
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
A thought I had this morning....there are many who believe the 100% all the time, all the way is THE only way, and yet support those on an alternative IP plan, or even accept those who say they are on IP, while not using any IP products. Seems strange to be so accepting of some and not others.

I am planning to ride my horse this afternoon, and find I need more food on those days. I have packed my lunchbox for the day (won't be home until 7 pm) with everything I need to have a 100% day.
Breakfast - shake
Lunch - Turkey burger, lettuce
Snack - 2c Jicama
Extra - IP bar and egg white if needed
Dinner - will have some more veggies and a pudding when I get home

Have a great day everyone!
Love this! Have a great day and a great ride KC!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #100  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
So *&^% happens, we forget, life gets in the way and sometimes we just want to. For whatever reason we taste a morsel that's not OP...we do. We're human and imperfect and that's ok. Some weeks we are on point some weeks we're not. Life isn't linear just like weight loss isn't either. So here's to the 90%, the B students, the Jr. Varsity team!

You're still on your journey, your road just isn't smooth...it has a few potholes. My pothole was yesterday afternoon when I had a piece of chocolate because I didn't feel right. BTW, it tasted horrible!! All in all out of six weeks on IP I've deviated and had a total of one piece of chocolate, 2oz of full half and half (a splash in my coffee for four days), and a total of 3 strips of bacon (pieces stolen from my DH's breakfast over the past 6 weeks). What was the consequence of these "cheats"? 25lbs down. So can I deal with my faux pas? Yeah, I can. Will I continue? No, not every week because, again, life isn't perfect.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm so happy to see this. I try so hard to be 100%, but I'm not perfect. I'm thrilled to tears to find a "home".
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolu120 View Post
I love this new thread! This is my second attempt at IP diet. On my 1st attempt I was doing well for a week & then just started gorging on junk food & gave up . This time around is much better & it's because of this forum. This is a great motivator for me. I'm in my fourth week & doing pretty good. The first 2 weeks were great but for some reason the 3rd week I was craving sweets like crazy & unfortunately gave in & had a few mini donuts. I am so so disappointed in myself, but the next day I got back on track & I'm hoping that I have enough willpower not to give in again. Good luck everyone! We are all human & we all make mistakes. Just realize that even if you do mess up sometimes you can learn from it & get right back on track.
Lolu, it took me three tries in three months before I settled in an stayed OP for the long haul. You can do this!
Cherie2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #102  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

How wonderful to see such postive attitudes today. It's unfortunate that people, who in their hearts think they are doing good for others, actually are doing the opposite. While intentions are good, words can destroy!

Have a great on plan day everyone. Today is my last day on Phase 3. I am VERY nervous about starting maintenance. I'm not sure how to handle the choices. I don't want to slip backwards after I have a whole new wardrobe that I LOVE. Fingers crossed for me to figure this out!

Have a great "hump" day.
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello my fellow 90%ers how ya doin? I am trying to be 95% today going for 100% if I can. But I am human so I battle my sugar demons like everyone else

Maxxy good luck on maintenance you will be fine!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #104  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
How wonderful to see such postive attitudes today. It's unfortunate that people, who in their hearts think they are doing good for others, actually are doing the opposite. While intentions are good, words can destroy!

Have a great on plan day everyone. Today is my last day on Phase 3. I am VERY nervous about starting maintenance. I'm not sure how to handle the choices. I don't want to slip backwards after I have a whole new wardrobe that I LOVE. Fingers crossed for me to figure this out!

Have a great "hump" day.
OH MAXXY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! DH and I were seeing a nutritionist before I decided to start IP. DH is still seeing her and she told me to definitely come see her when I've reached my goal with IP and we would tackle the maintenance phase (she's very familiar with IP since so many on island are doing it). Also, my IP office offers a one-time visit with their nutritionist when you start maintenance. Maybe that's an option for you to consider (at least you'll have some help). Have you thought about looking into the Paleo diet (not that you want to be on ANOTHER "diet") but it is a low carb way of eating. Whatever you decide, just take a deep breath, exhale and do the best you can.

I'm VERY, VERY happy for you!!!!!

Last edited by AliExpat; 10-09-2013 at 10:36 AM.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #105  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Ladies I am desperate for some ideas for protein. I hate it with a passion and when I'm off program I rarely eat it, and never just plain and grilled. I usually just grill my chicken, pork and steak with some WF BBQ sauce, but I only end up choking down about 2-3 ounces then throwing the rest away. I did the same time my first time around on the program - I know I don't get enough protein.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare it so I can eat more? I love sauces and breading - obviously I can't have breading but I'm certainly open to slightly off program ideas if it means I end up eating more than 2-3 ounces a day. Thanks for any ideas!!
I find chicken can get dry and boring, lol. have you thought about making a "gravy" with your veggies??? sautee your choice of approved veggies until tender (I like mushrooms, peppers and a bit of garlic paste and tomato paste) then blend them with a bit of non-fat, low sodium chicken or veggie stock and make a "gravy" to pour over my chicken. Just make sure you're using 2 cups. I used this as my base for tomato sauce as a way to get veggies into my DH when he was a strict "Meat-a-tarian".
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote