Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 171/129/127

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Where in TX are you? I am using a coach in Houston
I am in Mansfield -- the Fort Worth/Dallas area. There aren't many coaches near by. But I stopped going to mine back in August and have switched to alternatives and am doing fine (and it's cheaper too!). I also work in MD and travel back regularly and there are a couple of people who did IP and will order some foods for me (ie the jello ) if I really want the IP version of something.
kdsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsura View Post
I am in Mansfield -- the Fort Worth/Dallas area. There aren't many coaches near by. But I stopped going to mine back in August and have switched to alternatives and am doing fine (and it's cheaper too!). I also work in MD and travel back regularly and there are a couple of people who did IP and will order some foods for me (ie the jello ) if I really want the IP version of something.
Wow. we are thinking abt moving to the DFW area. Small world
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I am struggling today ya'll. I keep walking to my office candy drawer and just as I go to open it I turn around. GRRR! I can't STAND days like this.
I have had days like that where the sugar need is almost unbearable.

The only thing that helps (doesn't cure it) is a really cold, slightly spicy pickle. I think the taste of that kills my taste buds temporarily.

Is the candy drawer a communal one such that you can't make it disappear? That is a really tempting thing. For me, one candy will lead to another and another - that is how I got where I am!

Funny thing is, I did not really LIKE pickles, but it does seem to work.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #79  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I have had days like that where the sugar need is almost unbearable.

The only thing that helps (doesn't cure it) is a really cold, slightly spicy pickle. I think the taste of that kills my taste buds temporarily.

Is the candy drawer a communal one such that you can't make it disappear? That is a really tempting thing. For me, one candy will lead to another and another - that is how I got where I am!

Funny thing is, I did not really LIKE pickles, but it does seem to work.
Have you tried brushing your teeth with a really strong tasting toothpaste to get through that sweet tooth rough patch? Nothing sounds good after toothpaste!
clbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #80  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I am struggling today ya'll. I keep walking to my office candy drawer and just as I go to open it I turn around. GRRR! I can't STAND days like this.
I second brushing your teeth (and scrubbing your tongue)...

Last edited by AliExpat; 10-08-2013 at 05:48 PM.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 181.5/170/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thank you for starting this thread...I am a 90%er for sure.

I sometimes eat salmon more than once in a week. Although I do occasionally eat red meat (wild game only), I have more salmon in my freezer than halibut and won't buy farmed fish. When I was in phase 1 the first time, I lied on my sheet and said it was halibut if I ate it more than once in a seven day period to avoid scolding by my coach.

That being said, I lost 40ish lbs in the weeks I was on IP, phased off successfully, and now am currently on day 8 of a reboot. I am thankful that the damage I did during my non-IP hiatus in the interim was mostly rectified in only a week of phase 1. Since then, I have decided I would like to see my weight drop further and I intend to stick with IP to an extent but will likely always choose real eggs in the morning instead of those ghastly "eggs" in a silver packet.

I am also very thankful that I have much of the knowledge and know-how that IP has taught me so that if that scale starts creeping up, I can knock it back down.

Whew! I said it!! I am soooo relieved...

I apologize for the length of my post, but am thankful to have that burden off of my chest. Thank you!

Last edited by Snarfler; 10-08-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Snarfler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #82  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

The candy drawer is communal. But I've resisted it so far. I had some cucumbers and still have my restricted I can eat. Its more that I want to soothe myself because i'm having a shitty (sorry for the language) day at work . I've always used junk food to feel better. I want a damn candy bar and to yell. Instead I'll come over here and have a glass of water.
Thanks for your thoughts
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
The candy drawer is communal. But I've resisted it so far. I had some cucumbers and still have my restricted I can eat. Its more that I want to soothe myself because i'm having a shitty (sorry for the language) day at work . I've always used junk food to feel better. I want a damn candy bar and to yell. Instead I'll come over here and have a glass of water.
Thanks for your thoughts
That is a really hard challenge - finding something to replace food when having a bad day is really tough. I do find that whomever said brushing teeth is right as that has worked for me - a real thorough brush teeth, roof, tongue whatever with a good toothpaste and I resist messing it up again with food!

My daughter gave me a recipe for the fruit smoothie mix plus egg whites (no Spelnda) to make sweet meringue puffs, but I guess that would be a hard snack to do at work as you need time for the meringues to bake and they go soft.....hummm
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #84  

I posted this message on the 'other' thread. It makes more sense to have it posted here....

I have been on IP since February and throughout that time - I have had several 'indulgence' days - I don't call them cheats because that seems to make it seem seedy and dirty. They were days that - because of a special occasion or event - I choose to go off plan. They even included a couple of week-long vacations -- I know, how crazy is that. After each of my 'indulgence' days - I got right back on IP - I started with my packets the next day, I knew I would see a slow-down but that was expected and, frankly, ok by me.

Since February - I have gone from a size 20 to a size 10/12 -- I've lost a total of 78 pounds. I am a new woman and...I've learned something...that I am in control of what I eat, when I eat, how I eat and I am owning it. Could I have lost the weight faster? -- maybe...but I'm ok with what I've accomplished. No - I'm thrilled with what I have accomplished -- thrilled doesn't even start to describe it.

I say this not to encourage 'indulging' but to recognize that we all have to fight this battle in our own way, with our own weapons and in a manner that we are comfortable with. I don't judge those that find that 100% is the way for them to succeed but I am a little tired of 100% being the badge of IP. The badge is the success and there are several paths to get there. Pick your path - own it and enjoy the ride!!!!
Pdukas143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #85  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Very interesting!! Well hang out here with us - glad to see you are still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
TSD is my shorthand for "The Simple Diet," from the book (of the same name) by Dr. James Anderson and dietician, Nancy Gustafson. The plan is modeled after HMR products and program (except you buy your own products from the grocery store).

HMR (Health Management Resources) is THE leading provider of weight loss products and programs used by medical institutions such as hospitals, medical schools, clinics, and weight loss research programs.

The basic, first phase of the plan is 3 "shakes" (or equivalent meal replacements) + 2 "entrees" + 5 or more servings of veggies + a goal of an estimated 2000 calories per week burned in exercise.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #86  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Ladies I am desperate for some ideas for protein. I hate it with a passion and when I'm off program I rarely eat it, and never just plain and grilled. I usually just grill my chicken, pork and steak with some WF BBQ sauce, but I only end up choking down about 2-3 ounces then throwing the rest away. I did the same time my first time around on the program - I know I don't get enough protein.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare it so I can eat more? I love sauces and breading - obviously I can't have breading but I'm certainly open to slightly off program ideas if it means I end up eating more than 2-3 ounces a day. Thanks for any ideas!!
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

It's been two weeks since my last cheat. Red Lobster shrimp scampi - it had butter. And the caesar salad with their dressing (but no croutons or cheese). I recovered beautifully the next day.

And with confession out of the way, let me just say - Wow! I go off to work for a single day and suddenly this wonderful new thread is born - and has six pages of great (positive) comments! Way to go, ladies! Looking forward to spending a lot of time here.

I had to work in a different office today at someone else's desk. She had candy everywhere - including a giant bag of candy corn taffy. I moved it out of sight when I got there and put it back when I left. Victory! Still on plan and looking forward to a great WI tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that tomorrow begins phase 2 for me.
2much2do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #88  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Ladies I am desperate for some ideas for protein. I hate it with a passion and when I'm off program I rarely eat it, and never just plain and grilled. I usually just grill my chicken, pork and steak with some WF BBQ sauce, but I only end up choking down about 2-3 ounces then throwing the rest away. I did the same time my first time around on the program - I know I don't get enough protein.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare it so I can eat more? I love sauces and breading - obviously I can't have breading but I'm certainly open to slightly off program ideas if it means I end up eating more than 2-3 ounces a day. Thanks for any ideas!!
Do you like eggs? I scramble up eggs when I can't tolerate anything else. I also use turkey pepperoni. I add an oz or two to days when I'm lacking in protein.
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #89  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

I do hard boiled eggs or salmon on days where I can't stand the thought of another piece of chicken. Also, turkey breast in the crockpot. Yum!!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Pdukas143 - Thanks for sharing with us. I'm happy to hear you've had great success.
Mysticaldreamzz is offline   Reply With Quote