Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #196  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
IP MUG CAKE:

1 pkg Chocolate Drink (replace with vanilla or cappuccino *must be powder)
1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp splenda (if desired, can be omitted)
Splash of vanilla

-Put the drink mix in a big mug
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily

-Add the other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )

-Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth

-Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE because it will inflate like crazy, but then deflate again.

-let it cool & enjoy.

*alternately mix it all up in your shaker as per directions and then pour it in to a microwave safe glass loaf pan and bake for same amount of time (it won't explode over the edges this way.

*exchange olive oil for coconut oil (liquified) and vanilla extract for coconut extract for a change in flavor
That's the one. Thanks for finding it. I actually make mine in a bowl because it puffs up so much. But it's yummy!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 231/211/140

Height: 5'7

Thank you AliExpat! I actually didn't think of that, it will definitely help me next time I get a craving. This forum helps a lot too. Just knowing I can talk to people that are doing the same diet is a huge help. Good luck everyone!!
Lolu120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 283/228.2/183

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok I wear an 18 sweet heart jean from Old Navy and I can slide them off and on so easily. BUT a 16 is too snug. This is the frustrating part abt losing weight, walk around with baggy saggy pants or squeeze into ones that just don't fit quiet yet and feel mooshed. **sigh**

How did you tackle this issue? I am going to wait it out before I get new jeans.
I wear the Rock Star jeans from Old Navy. I like them because they are stretchier than the sweet hearts. I can wear them longer.

One thing I will suggest is try on a few different pairs in the same size. I am currently a size 18 in the rock star jeans, and I have 4 pairs of 18's. Each one fits differently.
I have 2 pair that are very loose and comfy. I wear them the most LOL
I have 2 other size 18's that are too tight, and uncomfortable at the moment to wear. I buy mine online, so I don't try them on first.

They are all the EXACT same pair of jeans. Just different washes. Some are darker, some are lighter.

It's so weird.
dsjsmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 283/228.2/183

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and I wanted to say, LOVE this thread! I think I have found a new place to be!
I just need to figure out how to read from my phone LOL so I can be more active here!
dsjsmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjsmom23 View Post
I wear the Rock Star jeans from Old Navy. I like them because they are stretchier than the sweet hearts. I can wear them longer.

One thing I will suggest is try on a few different pairs in the same size. I am currently a size 18 in the rock star jeans, and I have 4 pairs of 18's. Each one fits differently.
I have 2 pair that are very loose and comfy. I wear them the most LOL
I have 2 other size 18's that are too tight, and uncomfortable at the moment to wear. I buy mine online, so I don't try them on first.

They are all the EXACT same pair of jeans. Just different washes. Some are darker, some are lighter.

It's so weird.
Agreed!! Rockstar jeans are great. Fit so well, and you can wear them longer than normal jeans...dsjsmom...too bad you don't live near by, I'm just growing out of my 20's and in to 18's lol.

Last edited by jordanna; 10-10-2013 at 10:39 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have honestly never tried it with any alternatives...I do know that there are mug cakes on the internet using normal cake mixes so I can only assume that it would probably work? I think it might just have to be trial and error or maybe google "low carb high protein mug cake" to get an idea of how much protein powder people might use? What I do know is that it has to be the powder and not a liquid low carb drink.

Hi Jordanna!!

To answer the question about doing this with alternatives, it doesn't work nearly as well. That was the only drawback I had using alternatives, the real IP products work better in most of the recipes.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 171/129/127

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, 90%ers! Hope everyone has a great day and weekend
kdsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Good morning all!
My WI was last night, disappointing in a way. I knew I had not lost much, and have been feeling really bad lately, definitely felt like I was doing something wrong.
Anyway, I weigh in every 2 weeks, and was only down 1.5 pounds over the 2 weeks. My measurements were much better though, I lost 4 inches in those 2 weeks. So my coach was very encouraging, and said I am doing great, in 5 weeks my total losses are 11.5 pounds and 12 inches!

I know if I would stick with the program 100% I would do better, and my goal for the next 2 weeks is to improve my eating, plan ahead and avoid the social situations which have been messing me up (darn regular salad dressing!0

Hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend!
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #204  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Lovelies,

Yesterday I was RAVENOUS again :-( I had my lunch (Chix ala King and my standard IP salad) by 12:30 but by 2:00 I was STARVING!!! I drank tons of water and even chewed a piece of gum. I got home and made baked chicken and pork steaks (a much fattier cut). I was going to go for the chicken but the pork was ready first. I couldn't even wait for my frozen broccoli to cook, I devoured the pork and much more than 8oz I must say. I did eat my broccoli and felt better. But then by 9pm I was starving AGAIN so I had a 4th packet (milk chocolate pudding). I slept like a baby, I was full and content and it felt good. This morning I'm hungry but not crazy hungry. Going to have a cup of coffee with milk (just a splash and not half n half) and an IP choco peanut bar.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #205  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Good Morning Lovelies,

Yesterday I was RAVENOUS again :-( I had my lunch (Chix ala King and my standard IP salad) by 12:30 but by 2:00 I was STARVING!!! I drank tons of water and even chewed a piece of gum. I got home and made baked chicken and pork steaks (a much fattier cut). I was going to go for the chicken but the pork was ready first. I couldn't even wait for my frozen broccoli to cook, I devoured the pork and much more than 8oz I must say. I did eat my broccoli and felt better. But then by 9pm I was starving AGAIN so I had a 4th packet (milk chocolate pudding). I slept like a baby, I was full and content and it felt good. This morning I'm hungry but not crazy hungry. Going to have a cup of coffee with milk (just a splash and not half n half) and an IP choco peanut bar.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
I've found that if I have a premier protein drink for breakfast in the morning with spinach that helps me not be so ravenous through the day. I get the regular ones, not the snack ones. I realize these aren't 100% on plan due to the larger size (thus increasing protein and calorie counts) but it really does set me off on the right foot for the day. Other than that I mainly use IP products. But I find that the IP drinks don't stay with me as long in the mornings and I'm more tempted to cheat during the day. Good luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Good morning all!
My WI was last night, disappointing in a way. I knew I had not lost much, and have been feeling really bad lately, definitely felt like I was doing something wrong.
Anyway, I weigh in every 2 weeks, and was only down 1.5 pounds over the 2 weeks. My measurements were much better though, I lost 4 inches in those 2 weeks. So my coach was very encouraging, and said I am doing great, in 5 weeks my total losses are 11.5 pounds and 12 inches!

I know if I would stick with the program 100% I would do better, and my goal for the next 2 weeks is to improve my eating, plan ahead and avoid the social situations which have been messing me up (darn regular salad dressing!0

Hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend!
Don't get discouraged!!! Think of the inches Girl!!! Wow! Proud of you!!! Whoop whoop!
I honestly never lost more than a pound or two after my first two weeks last go around. It is all good!

I honestly feel more human and more support than ever with all you guys here! It is so empowering to read everybody's posts and know that my feelings are the same as so many out there. Starting day 11 here and thinking this is gonna work.... WE CAN AND WILL BEAT THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE!
Losing it is only half the battle... Keeping it off is the toughie! But I will be TOUGHER!

HAPPY FRIDAY! Lets get 'er on!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #207  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I've found that if I have a premier protein drink for breakfast in the morning with spinach that helps me not be so ravenous through the day. I get the regular ones, not the snack ones. I realize these aren't 100% on plan due to the larger size (thus increasing protein and calorie counts) but it really does set me off on the right foot for the day. Other than that I mainly use IP products. But I find that the IP drinks don't stay with me as long in the mornings and I'm more tempted to cheat during the day. Good luck!
Thanks Meeshellee...I had a restricted for breakfast (choco peanut bar) and I was fine by lunch, but after lunch I was starving. My salad didn't have over 2 cups of veggies, I had my oil and salt. Odd...

I have to stick to the IP foods because it really isn't cost effective to bring in any alternatives because while they are cheaper and discount is taken away by shipping and customs duty fees to the island.

Last edited by AliExpat; 10-11-2013 at 10:34 AM.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #208  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hi Jordanna!!

To answer the question about doing this with alternatives, it doesn't work nearly as well. That was the only drawback I had using alternatives, the real IP products work better in most of the recipes.
Thanks Pat!! and Hello friend
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #209  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Thanks Meeshellee...I had a restricted for breakfast (choco peanut bar) and I was fine by lunch, but after lunch I was starving. My salad didn't have over 2 cups of veggies, I had my oil and salt. Odd...

I have to stick to the IP foods because it really isn't cost effective to bring in any alternatives because while they are cheaper and discount is taken away by shipping and customs duty fees to the island.
Oh wow. I didn't pay attention to your location. Not sure if they have a costco nearby, but that's where you get these shakes.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

The weather here in the District(ish) is still yucky, and, I'm going to be totally honest here, yesterday was a bad food day. But today, I'm back at it, and sticking to it. I had an EAS shake for breakfast, and am now nibbling a MediFast bar that a co-worker brought in for me to try. And OMGoodness!! Yummy!!! Lunch is broccoli and chicken noodle soup with lots of water. And dinner tonight should be what I call "Eggplant Lasagna." It's a cross between lasagna and eggplant parm. Super yummy!! Love it! If anyone is interested in my non-recipe recipe, I'm happy to share.

Wondering if anyone has some good recipes for chicken breasts as I've got a bunch in the freezer that were bought on a pretty good deal and am bored to death of plain baked chicken. Any ideas?

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote