Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #181  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I've been a big fan of the IP microwave cake. I can find the recipe if you don't have it, but it's warm and yummy and easy to make.
Yes please! My clinic didn't have the crepes that Rainbow uses.
Down 1.2 lbs but definitely bloated!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #182  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
WOW! That's amazing. You're on FIRE. Keep up the good work.

It's taken me 6 months to lose 60lbs so you must be doing something right.
Thank you. I think it helps that I don't have to deal with TOM as much as others. I'm on BC that cycles every 3 mos so that makes it nice.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default New Scale?

Hey everyone.

So, DH and I have been doing IP-ish for a few months now, and well, I hate our scale. We had one, it was kinda crappy and never gave the same results twice (like back to back), so I bought a new one. And now I have a hard time getting a reading because I'm all wibbly wobbly when I get on. Any one have a recommendation for a nice scale, that weighs up to 350, simple to use (just step on and go?), and isn't sooo crazy sensitive?

Thanks!!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok I wear an 18 sweet heart jean from Old Navy and I can slide them off and on so easily. BUT a 16 is too snug. This is the frustrating part abt losing weight, walk around with baggy saggy pants or squeeze into ones that just don't fit quiet yet and feel mooshed. **sigh**

How did you tackle this issue? I am going to wait it out before I get new jeans.
Try other places for jeans. Maybe you are an 18 at Old Navy but could be smaller some where else and fit better when your in between sizes. The thing I did when I was losing was wear mostly dresses or leggings. jeans are so expensive, so I went from wearing a 18/20 to buying one pair of 16's then down to a 10/11. Belts work amazingly especially when you have a brother to add holes every couple weeks
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I had a small victory tonight. Hubby brought home a small bag of chocolate for me (a peace offering to my monthly shewolf) and instead of eating it (despite wanting it BADLY), I made a "packet" by adding 16g of microfiltered whey protein isolate to a package of instant hot cocoa (you do have to add the nutrition label counts of your cocoa mix and your whey protein to make sure the total matches your packet guidelines if you're ok with using an Alternative).

Hubby usually knows better than to bring me home unsolicited chocolate, but these last few months have been such terrible pms months for me that I suspect he became desperate (when all else fails, throw chocolate at her and duck and cover).
Love this!! At least he loves you and is thinking about you, good job!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2888 View Post
Has anyone else had a less than enthusiastic response to weight loss from your doctor? I had my annual physical and I was down 106 pounds from last year. I was almost done with my appointment when she finally said, 'so how did you loose the weight?' No 'good job' or 'keep up the good work.' After being shamed by doctors over the years for gaining weight, I was expecting some positive reinforcement.
That is a bummer you think she would praise you, sorry
Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #187  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hey everyone.

So, DH and I have been doing IP-ish for a few months now, and well, I hate our scale. We had one, it was kinda crappy and never gave the same results twice (like back to back), so I bought a new one. And now I have a hard time getting a reading because I'm all wibbly wobbly when I get on. Any one have a recommendation for a nice scale, that weighs up to 350, simple to use (just step on and go?), and isn't sooo crazy sensitive?

Thanks!!
I got this one about a month ago - Love it! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i first got it - I got on and off many many times to check it - same result every time!

Last edited by clbott; 10-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.
clbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
I got this one about a month ago - Love it! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i first got it - I got on and off many many times to check it - same result every time!
Ohhh thanks! I've looked at that, and it's got great ratings. Nice to "know" someone who has used it and had good results!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #189  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolu120 View Post
! It's so disheartening when I feel like I'm on the right track & then I just have one of those days & give in to the horrible food that got me fat in the first place! And then if I do give in, I have to stop myself from thinking the way I used to. You know, that little voice that tells you to just give up cause you screwed it all up anyway. How do you stop that way of thinking? I know that I can do this, I know I'm strong enough. It's just hard to stay 100% motivated all of the time. I'm greatful for this forum so that I can vent, that does help a bit. Hope everyone is staying motivated!
Hi Lolu!!! The only thing I think about as a consequence of a slip-up is, how will this affect my Pancreas. The whole theory behind IP is to give the Pancreas a rest by cutting out foods that encourage your body to produce insulin. Once we're in Ketosis our bodies are no longer burning stored glycogen (sugars) but burning the fat. With all that said, if you do give in...think about how your organs will have to readjust to deal with what you just ate. That's what works for me, remembering the medicine and science of the program. If you slip and have a mouthful of something, don't blow the entire day because of it; shake it off and focus on making your next meal a good OP one.

Instead of taking things day to day, focus on meal to meal, it may be more manageable. Just my two cents.

Last edited by AliExpat; 10-10-2013 at 12:08 PM.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I've been a big fan of the IP microwave cake. I can find the recipe if you don't have it, but it's warm and yummy and easy to make.
can I have the recipe please? I need some cake
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #191  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hi Lolu!!! The only thing I think about as a consequence of a slip-up is, how will this affect my Pancreas. The whole theory behind IP is to give the Pancreas a rest by cutting out foods that encourage your body to produce insulin. Once we're in Ketosis our bodies are no longer burning stored glycogen (sugars) but burning the fat. With all that said, if you do give in...think about how your organs will have to readjust to deal with what you just ate. That's what works for me, remembering the medicine and science of the program. If you slip and have a mouthful of something, don't blow the entire day because of it; shake it off and focus on making your next meal a good OP one.

Instead of taking things day to day, focus on meal to meal, it may be more manageable. Just my two cents.
Good post. ITA. Remembering the theory of the IP diet helps me too.. the fact that this diet is designed to reset the pancreas, and that it won't happen when I eat something that throws me out of ketosis. Thinking of that has kept me strong many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hey everyone.

Thanks!!
I have this one and totally recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C.../dp/B0020MMCDE
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Good post. ITA. Remembering the theory of the IP diet helps me too.. the fact that this diet is designed to reset the pancreas, and that it won't happen when I eat something that throws me out of ketosis. Thinking of that has kept me strong many times.

I have this one and totally recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C.../dp/B0020MMCDE
I have that one too love it, my boyfriend calls it the robot LOL
Old 10-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #193  

IP MUG CAKE:

1 pkg Chocolate Drink (replace with vanilla or cappuccino *must be powder)
1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp splenda (if desired, can be omitted)
Splash of vanilla

-Put the drink mix in a big mug
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily

-Add the other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )

-Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth

-Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE because it will inflate like crazy, but then deflate again.

-let it cool & enjoy.

*alternately mix it all up in your shaker as per directions and then pour it in to a microwave safe glass loaf pan and bake for same amount of time (it won't explode over the edges this way.

*exchange olive oil for coconut oil (liquified) and vanilla extract for coconut extract for a change in flavor
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Jordanna, does this work with other chocolate drink mixes, or just IP?
How much protein powder drink mix if it's the scoopable kind?
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Jordanna, does this work with other chocolate drink mixes, or just IP?
How much protein powder drink mix if it's the scoopable kind?
I have honestly never tried it with any alternatives...I do know that there are mug cakes on the internet using normal cake mixes so I can only assume that it would probably work? I think it might just have to be trial and error or maybe google "low carb high protein mug cake" to get an idea of how much protein powder people might use? What I do know is that it has to be the powder and not a liquid low carb drink.

Last edited by jordanna; 10-10-2013 at 05:16 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote