IP Daily Chat Monday 10/7/2013

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
    Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Good morning, IP friends! I'm heading out for a business trip all week. This is my second trip since starting IP, so I "think" I've planned a little bit better for it. Last night while I was packing I had to try on clothes to make sure they fit. What an awesome thing to have to do! I started IP in size 16 and have flown past 14 and can now fit 12's but they are slightly snug. It was fun to shop in my closet and think about how I will be able to wear so many items in just a few weeks! I am SO glad I decided to start this diet. It's really awesome.

Have a great OP Monday!! I hope there are many NSV's and pounds lost for all.
  • Quote: Good morning, IP friends! I'm heading out for a business trip all week. This is my second trip since starting IP, so I "think" I've planned a little bit better for it. Last night while I was packing I had to try on clothes to make sure they fit. What an awesome thing to have to do! I started IP in size 16 and have flown past 14 and can now fit 12's but they are slightly snug. It was fun to shop in my closet and think about how I will be able to wear so many items in just a few weeks! I am SO glad I decided to start this diet. It's really awesome.

Congrats on your losses. It is an awesome feeling. I am ready to clean out me closet yet again. The funny thing is that I really thought everything I kept would still fit me but I have undergown a lot of things. I am excited to watch as you continue to shrink. This really is a great program.

So, last night as I looked in the mirror all I could see was a chubby person. I kept telling myself that I am just getting used to my smaller size now and it is all in my head. But I really thought I looked so fat! I mentioned it to DH and he assured me that I am not fat. Lol. This morning I looked in the mirror and didn't see the same fat person staring back as last night. I am not kidding, it really freaked me out. I suppose this is a normal thing after losing weight. It canreally mess with a person's head.
  • Quote:
    So, last night as I looked in the mirror all I could see was a chubby person. I kept telling myself that I am just getting used to my smaller size now and it is all in my head. But I really thought I looked so fat! I mentioned it to DH and he assured me that I am not fat. Lol. This morning I looked in the mirror and didn't see the same fat person staring back as last night. I am not kidding, it really freaked me out. I suppose this is a normal thing after losing weight. It canreally mess with a person's head.

Congrats again in you success in moving off P1
    Maybe it's a good thing.. Or at least normal?? When we stop worrying we may let the guard down that brought us to goal. Daily, I'm afraid when I look in the mirror of who I might see.

Terrified "she" will be looking back at me....
  • Quote: Congrats again in you success in moving off P1
    Maybe it's a good thing.. Or at least normal?? When we stop worrying we may let the guard down that brought us to goal. Daily, I'm afraid when I look in the mirror of who I might see.

Terrified "she" will be looking back at me....
    I totally do the same thing. I know I'm smaller - I'm on the second ring guard I had to have installed on my wedding band and have lost like 5 pant sizes but it's really hard to see it sometimes. That's one of the reasons I'm trying hard to wear clothes that fit - if I run around in the same baggy old clothes, I feel like the same baggy old person.
  • Good Morning everyone, just had weigh in #18...down 2.6 this week!!! Yahoo
  • Quote: So, last night as I looked in the mirror all I could see was a chubby person. I kept telling myself that I am just getting used to my smaller size now and it is all in my head. But I really thought I looked so fat! I mentioned it to DH and he assured me that I am not fat. Lol. This morning I looked in the mirror and didn't see the same fat person staring back as last night. I am not kidding, it really freaked me out. I suppose this is a normal thing after losing weight. It canreally mess with a person's head.
    I do this all the time. When I look at clothes, when I look in mirrors, when I meet new people. Then I remember that I'm at least 4 sizes smaller than I was back in June and I should be proud of that! I have a ways to go yet but I'm close to halfway!

Good Monday morning all!

Had surprise company drop in on Saturday - which was fun but tiring, got very little done this weekend.

Have a NSV - a co-worker had given a few bags of clothes that she's outgrown and one of the items was a cute hot pink pair of skinny jeans - that I thought I would never in a million years fit. Well - they fit!!! I will be wearing those with a cute sweater on casual Friday - woohoo!

Have our WI for the biggest loser challenge at work this morning, not really looking forward to it. Don't feel great things this week - it's coming up to my TOM so I feel bloated and yucky. We'll see what happens.

Happy Monday!
    Jo
  • How much does TOM affect you guys? I just had my IUD taken out and have forgotten about this not so fun week. I feel bloated and gross and don't think the scale has moved... I'm wondering if I can attribute it to TOM or if I need to start adding in some exercise.
  • Hope everyone had a good OP weekend!

I had a NSV of sorts.....

I spent the entire weekend in the hospital with mom as she got very sick. In the past, I would self-medicate with food, sweets that kinda thing to help deal with the stress. This weekend, I was able to stick to plan other than having an extra packet on Sunday when things were really bad. The vending machines did not appeal at all.

This is very encouraging to me as I will be finishing phase 3 this week and moving into maintenance. This just helps reaffirm the fact that YES, I can do this and that I am stronger than my past.

Good luck everyone, and have a good OP day.
  • Good morning!!

Two NSVs to report this morning... I am wearing a MEDIUM shirt!!! And I noticed this morning after I got out of the shower that I can wrap a normal sized towel completely around myself without there being a gap at the side!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Quote: I totally do the same thing. I know I'm smaller - I'm on the second ring guard I had to have installed on my wedding band and have lost like 5 pant sizes but it's really hard to see it sometimes. That's one of the reasons I'm trying hard to wear clothes that fit - if I run around in the same baggy old clothes, I feel like the same baggy old person.
    I am the same way with clothes. I try to hold off as long as I can to buy new clothes since we drop sizes so fast, but I always feel better on the days that I am wearing something that actually fits me properly!
  • Good morning!
    Quote: Good morning, IP friends! I'm heading out for a business trip all week. This is my second trip since starting IP, so I "think" I've planned a little bit better for it. Last night while I was packing I had to try on clothes to make sure they fit. What an awesome thing to have to do! I started IP in size 16 and have flown past 14 and can now fit 12's but they are slightly snug. It was fun to shop in my closet and think about how I will be able to wear so many items in just a few weeks! I am SO glad I decided to start this diet. It's really awesome.

Quote: Good Morning everyone, just had weigh in #18...down 2.6 this week!!! Yahoo
    Quote: I do this all the time. When I look at clothes, when I look in mirrors, when I meet new people. Then I remember that I'm at least 4 sizes smaller than I was back in June and I should be proud of that! I have a ways to go yet but I'm close to halfway!

Good Monday morning all!

Had surprise company drop in on Saturday - which was fun but tiring, got very little done this weekend.

Have a NSV - a co-worker had given a few bags of clothes that she's outgrown and one of the items was a cute hot pink pair of skinny jeans - that I thought I would never in a million years fit. Well - they fit!!! I will be wearing those with a cute sweater on casual Friday - woohoo!

Have our WI for the biggest loser challenge at work this morning, not really looking forward to it. Don't feel great things this week - it's coming up to my TOM so I feel bloated and yucky. We'll see what happens.

Happy Monday!
    Jo
    Congrats on your losses and PurpleMomster you rock those hot pink skinny jeans!

Now a question for you all. Have a bunch of potato puree packets. I have found some great recipes from you all but do not have much time. I would love to add something to make it feel like a Mexican savory soup. Thinking taco seasoned lean beef or turkey. What else would you add? This program is making me cook and I am definitely a newbie in the kitchen. Suggestions?

Second weigh in today. Pretty excited!

Have a good day all!
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone, just had weigh in #18...down 2.6 this week!!! Yahoo
    Way to go!!

Quote: I do this all the time. When I look at clothes, when I look in mirrors, when I meet new people. Then I remember that I'm at least 4 sizes smaller than I was back in June and I should be proud of that! I have a ways to go yet but I'm close to halfway!

Good Monday morning all!

Happy Monday!
    Jo
    We definitely need to see a picture of you in those hot pink skinny jeans!!! They sound awesome!

Good luck on your WI, I'm sure you will do great.

Quote: How much does TOM affect you guys? I just had my IUD taken out and have forgotten about this not so fun week. I feel bloated and gross and don't think the scale has moved... I'm wondering if I can attribute it to TOM or if I need to start adding in some exercise.
    TOM definitely affects my losses that week. But it catches up the following week. I don't think that adding exercise will make a big difference, in fact, some people report that too much exercise causes them not to lose as fast. Make sure you add a packet after exercise.

Quote: Hope everyone had a good OP weekend!

I had a NSV of sorts.....

I spent the entire weekend in the hospital with mom as she got very sick. In the past, I would self-medicate with food, sweets that kinda thing to help deal with the stress. This weekend, I was able to stick to plan other than having an extra packet on Sunday when things were really bad. The vending machines did not appeal at all.

This is very encouraging to me as I will be finishing phase 3 this week and moving into maintenance. This just helps reaffirm the fact that YES, I can do this and that I am stronger than my past.

Good luck everyone, and have a good OP day.
    Wow, that sounds really stressful. I know that's always been my go-to - eating when stressed. Good for you for sticking to plan. Hope your mom is doing ok.

Quote: Good morning!!

Two NSVs to report this morning... I am wearing a MEDIUM shirt!!! And I noticed this morning after I got out of the shower that I can wrap a normal sized towel completely around myself without there being a gap at the side!
    Way to go on the medium shirt and towel!!

Quote: Now a question for you all. Have a bunch of potato puree packets. I have found some great recipes from you all but do not have much time. I would love to add something to make it feel like a Mexican savory soup. Thinking taco seasoned lean beef or turkey. What else would you add? This program is making me cook and I am definitely a newbie in the kitchen. Suggestions?

Second weigh in today. Pretty excited!

Have a good day all!
    Good luck on your weigh in! I'm sure you will do fantastic!

I love the potato puree packets, and lots of the recipes are really quick.

I made a mock sheppard's pie (google lamberjules, she has awesome recipes) and used mashed cauliflower, but that would be great with potato puree. You can season it with taco seasonings, add mushrooms and peppers to the meat, and make it more Mexican!

Not sure how the potato puree would go in a soup, although I'm curious to see other suggestions.

The artisan flatbread made with potato puree is awesome, and pretty easy to make. If you made a thick soup with the beef or turkey, you could dip the breadsticks in it. And you can flavour the bread with different spices too. Recipe and review are in my blog.
  • Quote: I spent the entire weekend in the hospital with mom as she got very sick. In the past, I would self-medicate with food, sweets that kinda thing to help deal with the stress. This weekend, I was able to stick to plan other than having an extra packet on Sunday when things were really bad. The vending machines did not appeal at all.

Wishing a quick recovery for your mom.
    Parent stuff is so hard!

How fabulous that IP has given the sense of control that you didn't have to add one more stressor (overeating) to the mix for the weekend. I love how strong ketosis makes us feel! It is so hard not to eat junk in hospitals (amazing how much junk is available in them...aren't they supposed to promote health and healing??? Not so much, I guess!). In the big scheme of things, an extra packet was probably just fine, and certainly better than ANY alternative!

I hope mom is better today
  • Morning all, sounds like everyone soldiered on this weekend, which is really great. I am heading out to another business trip this week, and I know it'll be fine but I'm in W4 now an still very hungry. I just get hungry and don't know what to do about it. Even if I have my celery or cucumbers in between protein, I still am starving. I drink water, herbal tea, it's just a challenge for me. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Sounds like undergrowing clothes is the theme for the day! I too, went to get dressed this morning and suddenly pants that I wore even last week were way too baggy and falling off my hips. Putting all the size 16s away tonight, and going shopping at lunch for some inexpensive 14s to get through the next couple of weeks. This is really working!