Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #31  

Great discussions this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not 2 old 4 skinny View Post
I did read your muffin recipe, so I will definitely try that. So are you saying a muffin would count for my 2 veggies at a meal? Thanks so much.
Glad you liked the muffin recipe.
Originally I adapted it from someone else a year ago. I don't think it officially "belongs" to anyone
1 c of zucchini in the muffin. I usually add some marinated cucumber salad on the side for my 2nd cup at lunch (I use potato puree to make my savory muffins -preferring savory to sweet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Speaking of husbands, I just opened the freezer to get my ice to fill my water bottle and had to laugh. There are 4 boxes of multiple ice cream bars and two kinds of ice cream. He's not usually a sweets person but seems to be lately
Not only that but he and my son love to cook and are like "oh my god mom this is so awesome, you can have one taste!!" I know they are supportive and proud, they tell me so all the time but yet I feel sometimes like they try to sabatoge me at the same time. ;( .

Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this mixed support from friends and family?
I think you need to tell them how this makes you feel.
Just one of those "hey you guys, whats with all the ice cream all of a sudden? Are you trying to GAIN all the weight I'm losing?"

And before they cook next, remind them you will not be tasting and offers feel like sabatage.

They probably just don't want you to feel excluded and don't realize what it feels like on the other end (and that you'd RATHER be excluded)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Good morning, all! Day #5 for me. Woke up hungry, so I decided to try the "fine herb and cheese" (what makes the herbs FINE, I wonder?? Are they unusually good looking? Or extra special? Lol) omelet. It's....ok. To be honest, I have never in my 40 years cooked an omelet. I've cooked lots of eggs, but have just never bothered to make an omelet. I figured I could do it, because I've watched lots of other people make them. As usual, WATCHING does not necessarily equal an ability to DO. So, I don't know if the omelet is just not that great, or if I just over-cooked it. I think the next time I try one I will add in some spinach and tomatoes or something. I'm thinking that would give it a little more moisture. I will also look up how long to cook them.

Anyway, I have a question.....is there a general rule of thumb that we should eat every so often? I've read several times on this forum about people not going longer than 3-4 hours without eating something. My coach didn't mention anything about this, but I know how inconsistent coaching can be. Is it a protein that we need to make sure we don't go too long in between? Or is this just what works best for some people and is not necessarily a general guideline? I ask, because that time frame between lunch and supper can get kind of long some days, and I wondered if I need to make sure to eat my third packet then... or if it's ok to wait till after supper for an evening snack?
LOL @ the FEC omelet description!!! ROFLMAO
So, fake eggs are gross. Pure and simple. I don't buy omelet packs anymore. 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet (shhhh....don't tell your coach) and it is REAL food!!! And actually, calorie-wise, 2 whole eggs = a FEC packet (fat is a little higher in the eggs).
When I did buy them, I ALWAYS added veggies: mushrooms, bell peppers, onion & a dab of salsa on top.
Oh yes...cook those omelet packets SLOWLY or they really dry out.

Some coaches say go no more than 4 hours without eating, others don't. My day works out in the 4-5 hour range. Remember, we are burning fat. It is okay to be a little hungry. We won't starve. What is more important is to NOT just eat veggies alone, which can increase blood sugar faster than eating with protein. The insulin spike is NOT what we want.

Have your third packet when it works in your day. If I'm having a late dinner, my 3rd packet is an afternoon snack. If early dinner, 3rd packet is around 8 pm.

Quote:
Ohhhhsorry everyone, I just found the answer to my question about using quotes...sorry
Hey...you asked a question, you were pointed to the answer, its all good. There is TONS of info on these boards. It takes a bit to figure out where it is all located. The daily is a good place to ask for direction, if you're lost

New threads are for truly NEW topics/questions (which are very rare if you search). There is a LOT of good info in searching/reading-back

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-05-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #32  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
LOL @ the FEC omelet description!!! ROFLMAO
So, fake eggs are gross. Pure and simple. I don't buy omelet packs anymore. 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet (shhhh....don't tell your coach) and it is REAL food!!! And actually, calorie-wise, 2 whole eggs = a FEC packet (fat is a little higher in the eggs).
If I were to substitute the 1 egg + 3 egg whites in place of an omelet packet, would I still count the "real" eggs as 1 of my packets for the day?

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 10-05-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

Lisa32989 -- you have so much excellent knowledge and information!!! Your posts encourage and inspire me!

I wonder if I can pick your brain and everyone elses on my alternative IP. I did do the actual IP program 3 years ago, however, its a little cost prohibitive right now, so this is my menu:

Breakfast - 3 egg white + 1 whole egg
Lunch - usually 2 cups cucumbers with sea salt and pepper and vinegar and premier protein shake (Costco)
Snack - premier protein shake
Dinner - 5 oz meat + 2 cups of veggies (broc, zucchini, califlower, asparagus, etc)
Snack - quest bar

I have lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks, so hoping things are going the right way, also I check my ketosis every morning and all good there. I also drink 4.5 litres of water a day.

Thanks for your help everyone. I couldn't get thru it without you all!

Candace
Old 10-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #34  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning IP world. It's a chilly Saturday, perfect for hanging out in my house and doing a little cleaning. We are out for dinner tonight with friends. I can't wait for my steak, salad and veggie, without the oil and butter of course.

Gonna be a great day 2 of hitting goal and keeping it that way!!!

Amazing how a "happy attitude" takes over when it doesn't have to fight " being fat " for your attention!
It's great to have a new focus in life.

I decided I deserve a daily reward for my hard work. Not monetary, but physiological rewards and motivation....today's reward, putting on my old way too big jeans and looking at myself in the mirror. It will bring a huge smile to my face and that's my reward! Arrogant maybe, but in this case it's all about the new, improved me!

Have a good one
Old 10-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingtohealthy View Post
Lisa32989 -- you have so much excellent knowledge and information!!! Your posts encourage and inspire me!

I wonder if I can pick your brain and everyone elses on my alternative IP. I did do the actual IP program 3 years ago, however, its a little cost prohibitive right now, so this is my menu:

Breakfast - 3 egg white + 1 whole egg
Lunch - usually 2 cups cucumbers with sea salt and pepper and vinegar and premier protein shake (Costco)
Snack - premier protein shake
Dinner - 5 oz meat + 2 cups of veggies (broc, zucchini, califlower, asparagus, etc)
Snack - quest bar

I have lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks, so hoping things are going the right way, also I check my ketosis every morning and all good there. I also drink 4.5
IP P1 newest protocol says 8 oz meat with dinner (measured raw)
Is your Premier Protein shake an 18 g or 30g protein?
Only the 18 g ones would be comparable to IP products. The 30 g ones have about twice the protein (IP isn't a high protein diet. It is moderate protein).

And check the quest bar thread. Most will work for restricted but some flavors would be super-restricted (once/week)

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-05-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
If I were to substitute the 1 egg + 3 egg whites in place of an omelet packet, would I still count the "real" eggs as 1 of my packets for the day?
Yes. Equivalent to a packet in fat/carbs/cals.
Shhh...your coach won't like it. Takes $$$ from her pocket.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #37  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Good morning, week 1 is over and down 6lbs quite amazing. But hard work too. Woke up a little light headed this morning, not sure why. A little tired of the soups with 2c veggies at noon and it's only been one week, any suggestions? I'm excited too, already see a difference in my body . I know it won't be like this every week, but I'll sure take it this week. Good luck and eat healthy to everyone. LittleStar, I liked the chocolate brownie, hope you do as well
I am using alternative products, but I do various things for lunch that help change things up a bit. I use the liquid concentrate drinks and add them to my water when I go to a restaurant.

The restaurants vary, but for lunch I find that the Subway Chopped Veggie salad is great. I like to select spinach and iceberg with green and banana peppers, pickles, cucumbers and tomatoes. I make my own dressing; either grapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar, or Italian (you can google recipes for homemade I talian and sub items that aren't IP compliant). You can buy the small silicon travel dressing bottle and it is handy to take in with you. I love going to a Mongolian grill where you pick your own veggies and sauces (I use soy, ginger, and garlic). If it is "my own protein" meal, I will pick a meat or seafood to go with it.

If I am eating at my desk I will take a baggie with a mix of field greens to work (kale, spinach, Swiss chard, etc...) and drizzle my own dressing in the baggie. I eat it right out of the baggie. You can add any veggies you prefer to the salad, chopped peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc...I usually bring a big dill pickle as well and sometimes a hard boiled egg. For my packaged protein I will have variety of options: bbq soy puffs, white cheddar crisps, chili lime soy puffs, RTD drink, liquid concentrate flavored drink.....
Sometimes I use the puffs or crisps as croutons.

If you have the muffins, or any item made with veggies added, just count the amount of veggies towards your total needed. Also, count the protein packet you used as well.

Melissa: I have found I can go longer between meals than when I first started, but everyone is different. As someone else mentioned, listen to your body. If I start to feel weak or shaky and my next meal is a ways off, I will eat a bite of my snack, a hard boiled egg, have my protein drink, gnaw on some veggies; usually a dill pickle, etc... As you progress through this IP adventure you will understand signals your body is sending and anticipate what to do.

Vachinyc: Congrats to you on your losses!

Last edited by dak1lls; 10-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #38  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

dak1lls great info you posted, thank you
Old 10-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #39  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Happy Saturday All, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.. I wrote an exam this morning and it went great.. 3 more courses for my degree Congrats on all of the successes and welcome to the new members.. I am hoping for a better week this week, had some challenges last week.. but that is life - regrouping and moving one
Old 10-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy I am just Sick to my stomach since lastnight

Good morning ladies If you can call good,

lastnight I called my mom around 6:15pm to see what was new. She told me there were some really nasty storms down there and there was a tornado that hit emmerson, ne with multiple vortices.

We were heading to the football game so I let her go. Then after the national anthem I checked my phone to see if DH has called (he came back home to get a few things then come to the game) my sister called 5 times back to back.

I called her back my parents house, the neighbor up the road and at the end of the gravel road (they live in rural IA) was hit by a tornado!!! I wanted to throw up right then and there when my sis told me.

The house is gone, so are the neighbors. No fatalities or injuries. I am just sick to my stomach and I have no appetite to eat. I need to go there today just to be there even if I can help clean up I am just there for them!!!
My dad called at 8am asking if we were coming down.

I am just in tears, yes the house is going to be rebuilt BUT this just takes the cake in crap that can happen to people!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

I try to space out my allotted meals throughout the day, otherwise Im getting restless and "hungry",
7:30 nespresso coffee w 3oz of skim and 2 tsp IP vanilla drink RTD
9:00 IP packet (usually pudding or Mango RTD)
12:00 IP packet (soup or drink mix)
water
water
3:30pm 2 cups of veggi, 4 oz protein
water
6:30pm 2 cups of veggi, 4 oz protein
8:30pm IP pudding with ice (or coffee ice cubes), water in the blender
Old 10-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #42  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post

lastnight I called my mom around 6:15pm to see what was new. She told me there were some really nasty storms down there and there was a tornado that hit emmerson, ne with multiple vortices.

We were heading to the football game so I let her go. Then after the national anthem I checked my phone to see if DH has called (he came back home to get a few things then come to the game) my sister called 5 times back to back.

I called her back my parents house, the neighbor up the road and at the end of the gravel road (they live in rural IA) was hit by a tornado!!! I wanted to throw up right then and there when my sis told me.
The house is gone, so are the neighbors. No fatalities or injuries. I am just sick to my stomach and I have no appetite to eat. I need to go there today just to be there even if I can help clean up I am just there for them!!!

I am just in tears, yes the house is going to be rebuilt BUT this just takes the cake in crap that can happen to people!
Sara: i am praying no one was injured. So sorry about your parent's home. Be safe in your travels and hug your loved ones!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #43  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

hope you are all off to a great weekend! I'm doing well sticking to it 110%. I actually have not had any temptation at all. For me tho, since my husband is working in Alberta (I'm in Ontario) until Christmas, I can't wait to surprise him when he sees me��. Its keeping me going!

have a fantastic day all

Candace
I have the same motivator it is a great one! My hubby will be home in two weeks. Can't wait to show off my -56lbs!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Great motivation

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

hope you are all off to a great weekend! I'm doing well sticking to it 110%. I actually have not had any temptation at all. For me tho, since my husband is working in Alberta (I'm in Ontario) until Christmas, I can't wait to surprise him when he sees me��. Its keeping me going!

have a fantastic day all

Candace
What a wonderful thing for you to which you can look forward! Does he know that you are on IP or are you just going to knock him off his feet.

Hang in there doing so well. The holidays look to be a challenge for us all, whatever our motivation.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #45  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post

sweetheart. so sorry to hear of your families loss. But remember it's just posseisions. No one was injured or killed that is a blessing. Im sending love and light to you and yours.
Closed Thread