Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

Good morning everyone!!

hope you are all off to a great weekend! I'm doing well sticking to it 110%. I actually have not had any temptation at all. For me tho, since my husband is working in Alberta (I'm in Ontario) until Christmas, I can't wait to surprise him when he sees me��. Its keeping me going!

have a fantastic day all

Candace
Old 10-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not 2 old 4 skinny View Post
Good morning, week 1 is over and down 6lbs quite amazing. But hard work too. Woke up a little light headed this morning, not sure why. A little tired of the soups with 2c veggies at noon and it's only been one week, any suggestions? I'm excited too, already see a difference in my body . I know it won't be like this every week, but I'll sure take it this week. Good luck and eat healthy to everyone. LittleStar, I liked the chocolate brownie, hope you do as well
Congrats on the week 1 success!!

I love having the rotini for lunch, either hot with tomato, pepper, mushroom sauce (microwaves well at work) or cold with any combo of veggies and dressing.

Have you tried the zucchini muffins with pudding? I just made the pumpkin spice ones and they are really easy to bring to work. Make a double batch and you are set for a couple of days. The recipes and reviews are on my blog, if you want to have a look.

Lots of times I'll have a Ready to eat pudding or shake and cut up vegetables on my desk that I eat throughout the day. I've got some plastic containers that fit 2 cups of veggies, so I fill one of those up in the morning and know that I can finish it easily throughout the day.

Good luck, you're doing great!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Ohhhhsorry everyone, I just found the answer to my question about using quotes...sorry
Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingtohealthy View Post
Good morning everyone!!

hope you are all off to a great weekend! I'm doing well sticking to it 110%. I actually have not had any temptation at all. For me tho, since my husband is working in Alberta (I'm in Ontario) until Christmas, I can't wait to surprise him when he sees me��. Its keeping me going!

have a fantastic day all

Candace
Wow, that will be an incredible surprise for him! That's a long time for him to be gone, though.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Oh, yes, going out to dinner tonight for the first time since I started the IP, a little nervous about that. Will see a movie this afternoon (Gravity) with DH (not sure what that means...darling husband, damn husband or something I'm guessin') Church tomorrow and golf on TV, we both love it . Hope everyone has a good weekend. SONOLADY, love your posts .
Not to old; thank you for the laugh!!!!! Damn husband to funny what does that mean anyway have wondered the same thing!!

Congrats on a successful first week!!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #21  

Little Star, ha, this is too funny. I actually didn't think about eating the veggies RAW . Have been cooking them every day. Will definitely do that. Also, I did read your muffin recipe, so I will definitely try that. So are you saying a muffin would count for my 2 veggies at a meal? Thanks so much.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Not to old; thank you for the laugh!!!!! Damn husband to funny what does that mean anyway have wondered the same thing!!

Congrats on a successful first week!!
Yep, some days it's damn and some days it darling I guess. Always glad to give someone a laugh, so you're welcome. Good luck this week
Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #23  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all! Day #5 for me. Woke up hungry, so I decided to try the "fine herb and cheese" (what makes the herbs FINE, I wonder?? Are they unusually good looking? Or extra special? Lol) omelet. It's....ok. To be honest, I have never in my 40 years cooked an omelet. I've cooked lots of eggs, but have just never bothered to make an omelet. I figured I could do it, because I've watched lots of other people make them. As usual, WATCHING does not necessarily equal an ability to DO. So, I don't know if the omelet is just not that great, or if I just over-cooked it. I think the next time I try one I will add in some spinach and tomatoes or something. I'm thinking that would give it a little more moisture. I will also look up how long to cook them.

Anyway, I have a question.....is there a general rule of thumb that we should eat every so often? I've read several times on this forum about people not going longer than 3-4 hours without eating something. My coach didn't mention anything about this, but I know how inconsistent coaching can be. Is it a protein that we need to make sure we don't go too long in between? Or is this just what works best for some people and is not necessarily a general guideline? I ask, because that time frame between lunch and supper can get kind of long some days, and I wondered if I need to make sure to eat my third packet then... or if it's ok to wait till after supper for an evening snack?

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and OP day!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #24  

Quote:
Little Star, ha, this is too funny. I actually didn't think about eating the veggies RAW . Have been cooking them every day. Will definitely do that. Also, I did read your muffin recipe, so I will definitely try that. So are you saying a muffin would count for my 2 veggies at a meal? Thanks so much.
The muffins have 1cup of zucchini so you would still need one more cup. But you could eat them raw or add a cup of spinach to your shake in the morning.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Speaking of husbands, I just opened the freezer to get my ice to fill my water bottle and had to laugh. There are 4 boxes of multiple ice cream bars and two kinds of ice cream. He's not usually a sweets person but seems to be lately n
Not only that but he and my son love to cook and are like "oh my god mom this is so awesome, you can have one taste!!" I know they are supportive and proud, they tell me so all the time but yet I feel sometimes like they try to sabatoge me at the same time. ;( .

I love IP its the first time in my life that I do not have those cravings anymore this is my 9th week and I'm down 33 lbs and going strong. Average 3 lbs a week!!

Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this mixed support from friends and family?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Good morning, all! Day #5 for me. Woke up hungry, so I decided to try the "fine herb and cheese" (what makes the herbs FINE, I wonder?? Are they unusually good looking? Or extra special? Lol) omelet. It's....ok. To be honest, I have never in my 40 years cooked an omelet. I've cooked lots of eggs, but have just never bothered to make an omelet. I figured I could do it, because I've watched lots of other people make them. As usual, WATCHING does not necessarily equal an ability to DO. So, I don't know if the omelet is just not that great, or if I just over-cooked it. I think the next time I try one I will add in some spinach and tomatoes or something. I'm thinking that would give it a little more moisture. I will also look up how long to cook them.

Anyway, I have a question.....is there a general rule of thumb that we should eat every so often? I've read several times on this forum about people not going longer than 3-4 hours without eating something. My coach didn't mention anything about this, but I know how inconsistent coaching can be. Is it a protein that we need to make sure we don't go too long in between? Or is this just what works best for some people and is not necessarily a general guideline? I ask, because that time frame between lunch and supper can get kind of long some days, and I wondered if I need to make sure to eat my third packet then... or if it's ok to wait till after supper for an evening snack?

Haha! That made me laugh. I will never think of fine herbs the same way!

As for timing of meals, I have heard many different things on the forum and from coaches. I will let someone else with more knowledge answer. For me, I've been listening to my body. Some days, I'm really hungry between lunch and dinner, so I'll eat or drink something. I could be one strawberry wafer, saving the other one for after dinner (when I get the munchies). Some days I also snack on my veggies throughout the day. It really depends on what's happening. Some days, I've had most of my 4 cups of veggies by dinner, and then have a large salad with my dinner protein. Other times, I split my protein between lunch and dinner. None of this seems to have affected my losses.

Having said that, how long between lunch and dinner?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #27  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Weigh-in #7 is now in the books. Thankfully the scale cooperated. It seems I have a pattern - one week is low, next week is more, then back to low again. I'm just grateful it is all moving in the down direction. Woo Hoo.

My clinic has one of the fancy biometric scales - you hold hand grips and stand on a special pad. So every week, I get a printout of water/lean mass/fat weight. Over 22 lbs of fat lost so far. That seems both gross and awesome!

I've started doing a little more walking exercise now so we have talked about adding an extra packet or half packet on those days. I've been feeling a little more hungry on walk days. It is kind of scary to consider "adding" but I will trust the plan.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Think I'm going to try to see Mr Clooney... Sadly only at the theatre on the big screen.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post

Melissa K, I'm with you, I thought the omelet was possibly a little over cooked. I think I made it more like scrambled eggs, but will try to cook a little less next time. I liked mine with asparagus and mushrooms in it. Spinach would be great too I'm sure. Sometimes I eat half a snack in the afternoon and half after dinner. I like the "Raspberry Jelly" from IP, although I know some people don't like it. I also like the Cheddar Cheese chips or the choc pudding, all things I can eat half of. But I'm a newbie so others may have more suggestions. Not sure about the hrs between eating. I don't often get hungry between meals...yet. Just on IP for a week.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #29  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Ohhhhsorry everyone, I just found the answer to my question about using quotes...sorry
Oh for goodness sake, it was just a question! We don't bite! Promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
He's not usually a sweets person but seems to be lately. Not only that but he and my son love to cook and are like "oh my god mom this is so awesome, you can have one taste!!" I know they are supportive and proud, they tell me so all the time but yet I feel sometimes like they try to sabatoge me at the same time. ;(
Sure hope you don't just let this slide. Tell them in no uncertain terms that if they really want to support you, they will NOT tempt you with "just one taste". I've seen so many times here - would the family of an alcoholic offer them "just one sip"?? They may not realize how serious this is for you, so you need to tell them. And if 'not usually a sweets person' - why suddenly the tempting ice cream in the freezer? I'd say a nice talk is in order
Old 10-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #30  

Thanks slow and steady. Here's
for everyone, and have a great, successful day.
Closed Thread