3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/5 - Sun 10/6/2013

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #106
sugar is the devil

S/C/G: 208/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
there is a butter flavoured one that i drizzle over my grilled asparagus or put in my mashed cauliflower

used the bacon flavoured one to fry some cabbage with and to cook my omlette in
Great ideas everyone! I'm currently in the process of making mashed cauliflower with the garlic EVOO.

I NEED to find the bacon and the butter flavor! I didn't look too closely at all the flavors but I think I'm going to browse their website in a few mins !

-------------------------
Started Ideal Protein August 12/13 @ 208.8lbs

Last edited by SweetScrumptious : 10-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #107

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

65x65 I think I will stay away from the webmd tracker then....... all I need is someone hassling me for not logging food........lol..

We had a bday lunch for Granny, 93 yrs old , she picked the menu, stuffed quahogs, baked haddock, carrots, rice pilaf, triple layer white cake with white frosting, ( I did try that, one bite only), I had a spinach salad and shake. Poor Granny got here, DH picked her up from the nursing home, she didnt feel well and spent the day vomiting and laying on the couch. I felt so bad for her, I dont know if she was car sick or got a bug. She was dizzy, the poor thing, I sent the IL's home with lots of food and half the cake. The rest of the cake is going to DHs work tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #108

New to this site and hoping to chat with a few who have experience on IP. I started with the alternative plan, as suggested by my coach (diabetes) and found the weight loss a little slow. She told me I could stop that after 2 weeks and just go phase 1, but I found it tough. I must say this is a hard program-but I guess if I go on doing what I always have-my results will always be the same. I still add those extra groups in as needed-but am trying to stay away. Once I gave in to cheating-week 3-its been hard to get back. I had a baby shower yesterday and even though I started off making good choices-it ended badly. So again I start again..frustrated. I started this because a girl I work with has done this without cheating-has lost 84 lbs-another started the same time as me she is down 21-me <10- 4 weeks but again I have been far less than perfect. I also need to stop comparing my self to them-thats a mistake. So I would appreciate any feedback-especially from those who have ever been on the alternative plan. Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #109
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

gurdy
Really blunt here.
You need to decide if you're "all in" or half-A@@ in.

If you're "all in" you'll get the total benefits from IP
If you're half-A@@ in, you get half-A@@ results.

I actually spent over a month preparing myself to start IP. I got my head on "straight" and made the only option to stay on the plan 100%. Literally. There was no other option. I really felt like it was life or death.

I know I was slowly dying inside and out.

I agree once you give in to cheating, it is easier to do it over & over again. I've seen it too many times to list here.
So, if you decide you're "all in," set yourself a new start date and commit to 100% On Plan, no matter what.

Once you get a few days of 100%, you'll have the momentum and it gets easier and easier.

I'm pulling for you!

The difference between alternative plan and regular IP is that you won't be in ketosis on the alternative plan. It is actually HARDER! I wouldn't take a coach' opinion on whether you can do regular IP. I would want my doctor to tell me whether it is safe or not. Most coaches are not medical professionals. If yours is, you are lucky!

Last edited by lisa32989 : 10-06-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #110

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Oh no ladies....screwed up big time....by mistake. 6 weeks without even a teeny cheat and today I honestly forgot I had the pancake packet for breakfast and just had the dill pickle zippers....how stupid could I be?? I hope this doesn't throw me out of ketosis...ugh...SO angry at myself!!!
Goal #2 - 220's by Nov 23
Goal #3 - 210 by Christmas
Goal #4 - Onederland by February
Goal #5 - 180 by April
Goal #6 - 155 by end of June, 2014.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #111

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Jumping in with 2 feet!! Hello IPers! I'm Karen and I just finished Day 2 completely on program. I prepared to do this for two months and I am soooo glad I did. So far things taste ok except for the chili...too spicy for me and just sat there in my stomach. I'm excited to try a smoothy tomorrow!

Any advice for a newbie? I'm all ears! So glad I found this community! Have a great evening!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #112
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Oh no ladies....screwed up big time....by mistake. 6 weeks without even a teeny cheat and today I honestly forgot I had the pancake packet for breakfast and just had the dill pickle zippers....how stupid could I be?? I hope this doesn't throw me out of ketosis...ugh...SO angry at myself!!!
"Screwed up big time" would be eating Halloween candy all day.
You made a mistake almost everyone has made at one time or another.
All is well.
Relax & Carry on.
Nothing needs to be done.

Last edited by lisa32989 : 10-06-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #113

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
"Screwed up big time" would be eating Halloween candy all day.
You made a mistake almost everyone has made at one time or another.
All is well.
Relax & Carry on.
Nothing needs to be done.
You're right Lisa...it isn't a major mistake...but I do know better so it is frustrating. My only worry is it will throw me out of ketosis. No way of knowing I guess...so I will just carry on. Could have been much worse...like the burger wrapped in pizza that I ate last night in my dream
Goal #2 - 220's by Nov 23
Goal #3 - 210 by Christmas
Goal #4 - Onederland by February
Goal #5 - 180 by April
Goal #6 - 155 by end of June, 2014.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #114

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
You're right Lisa...it isn't a major mistake...but I do know better so it is frustrating. My only worry is it will throw me out of ketosis. No way of knowing I guess...so I will just carry on. Could have been much worse...like the burger wrapped in pizza that I ate last night in my dream
It's certainly not enough extra carbs to throw you out of Ketosis!!

Hey, if you want pancakes AND a restricted in the same day, then make a crispy cereal pancake instead (unrestricted and REALLY tasty!!!). Crush the cereal in the packet (I use a rolling pin and mash it extra fine). Add an egg white, tsp baking powder and water to pancake consistency (not too thin). Some like a little Splenda and cinnamon. I like it w/orange extract. Cook over medium heat (slower and not too hot us better). Serve w/warmed WF syrup (I do half pancake w/blueberry and half w/maple.).

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #115

Default New Non Restricted Potato Chips

Awesome !!! Please try them!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #116

Thanks Lisa for being frank, I thought I had decided well I know I have so I am IN
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.